So let me get this pipeline shit straight

Obama has basically no control over the price of gas. Bush didnt, Clinton didnt, Reagan didnt, My mother doesnt, Nor do you.

One might be able to affect a couple cents here or there but the world market controls said oil. All Oil goes to the world markets, Unless you want government to nationalize it and take over.

If you increase the supply.....
If it is less expensive to transport.....
If you don't have to pay foreign security, tarriffs, etc....

But don't let reason stand in your way.

Ummm...won't it just be sold to the highest bidder?
And do YOU have a problem with free markets? Capitalism?

YES we do. The Earth manufactures it...dumbass.

Good one!!!!
I read somewhere that there's oil developing in the ground in the Midwest as we speak.
It should be properly brewed and ready for extraction in about seven years apparently.
Ain't nature wonderful?

In fact, why don't they re-inject plankton and old potato peels into exhausted oilfields so that more can be made and we will never run out.
Why didn't anyone think of that?
OIL is hydrocarbons...

The Earth is relplete with CARBON...even YOU.

It ain't just Dino the dinosaur of Flintstone's fame...or plants from that period...

Read:

Oil, is the Earth Running Out or Making More?

I'm agreeing with you.
We should throw all our rubbish down the old holes and sit back while it turns into oil...brilliant!! Two problems solved at the same time!

Gramps, look it up. And I misspelled the word, because I am old like you, and I don't see well on occasion. But I read more clearly than you, particularly on this subject. Take it up with governor and his posse, not me.

I wasn't referring to your spelling. Fracking has nothing to do with this issue and that's what I was referring to.

On this subject Nebraskas objections are logistical. Obamas objections are not. I listed a few of his objections in my list and most importantly he has stated its not good for our nation despite the massive revenue and jobs it would provide. Logistics can be worked out, ignorance can't.

What you don't or won't understand is the "The logistics" AKA the new route design has to be submitted before it can be approved or not.

I'm sorry I missed the part where Obama said upon an approved route it will be a go.

And in the meantime Canada is in talks with China while we play politics with a clear issue.

Moron

What you don't or won't understand is the "The logistics" AKA the new route design has to be submitted before it can be approved or not.

These environmental impact reviews are all just sleazy maneuvers to kill projects the environmental wackos don't like. The impact of the pipeline is virtually nil. You don't need to spend $2 million to understand that. After running 600,000 miles of pipeline through the Continental US, we know that beyond all doubt.

In that spirit I have a problem with idiots calling it OUR oil.

These environmental impact reviews are all just sleazy maneuvers to kill projects the environmental wackos don't like. The impact of the pipeline is virtually nil. You don't need to spend $2 million to understand that. After running 600,000 miles of pipeline through the Continental US, we know that beyond all doubt.

That is a morally insane comment, bripat. The nutcatchers are looking for you, and I don't mean the ones with wings.

Not at all....how did you read that?

But, if the oil's sold to the highest bidder, how does that guarantee the US's supply and keep prices down?

Obama has basically no control over the price of gas. Bush didnt, Clinton didnt, Reagan didnt, My mother doesnt, Nor do you.

One might be able to affect a couple cents here or there but the world market controls said oil. All Oil goes to the world markets, Unless you want government to nationalize it and take over.

:lol: so all those front page and op eds ala Buhs is a dork gas to to high, ruining po' people back in the day are all wrong? call the times wapo et al and let them know. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

:lol: so all those page and op eds ala Buhs is a dork gas to to high, ruining po' people back in the day are all wrong? call the times wapo et al and let them know. :rolleyes:
:badgrin:

But, if the oil's sold to the highest bidder, how does that guarantee the US's supply and keep prices down?
HOW does that guarantee the WORLD's supply and keep prices down?

Double-edged sword.

Gramps, look it up. And I misspelled the word, because I am old like you, and I don't see well on occasion. But I read more clearly than you, particularly on this subject. Take it up with governor and his posse, not me.

I wasn't referring to your spelling. Fracking has nothing to do with this issue and that's what I was referring to.

On this subject Nebraskas objections are logistical. Obamas objections are not. I listed a few of his objections in my list and most importantly he has stated its not good for our nation despite the massive revenue and jobs it would provide. Logistics can be worked out, ignorance can't.

they don't need a new route, wake up dude. there is already over 25K miles of pipline criss crossing over the Ogallala Aquifer. you've been played.

here ya go-

Keystone-Map1.jpg

and a larger pdf of the pipelines.....

http://heartland.org/sites/default/files/ogallala_aquifer_map.pdf

I think too many are worried about how we would handle a spill...records can attest that the US of A has a stellar record of cleanup of thier own messes...as to Russia, China/others and thier records?

Not so much.

It's all fear tactics.

Good one!!!!
I read somewhere that there's oil developing in the ground in the Midwest as we speak.
It should be properly brewed and ready for extraction in about seven years apparently.
Ain't nature wonderful?

In fact, why don't they re-inject plankton and old potato peels into exhausted oilfields so that more can be made and we will never run out.
Why didn't anyone think of that?
OIL is hydrocarbons...

It ain't just Dino the dinosaur of Flintstone's fame...or plants from that period...

Read:

I'm agreeing with you.
We should throw all our rubbish down the old holes and sit back while it turns into oil...brilliant!! Two problems solved at the same time!
Wrong answer. YOU didn't take time to read the link.

Typical.

In November, the State Department said it needed time to consider routes that avoided the Ogallala Aquifer, the giant underground body of water that provides Nebraska with much of its water. Elected officials from both parties in Nebraska had expressed concerns a leak in the pipeline could endanger the aquifer.

More recently, Nebraska Republicans, including Sen. Mike Johanns and Rep. Lee Terry, called for granting the permit for the overall project while a new route was determined. The administration said no.

Obama rejects Keystone pipeline from Canada to Texas - for now

I don't see anything in there about the State of Nebraska passing anything to stop this pipeline.... I see where some people had some concerns...... Did someone lie?

In November, the State Department said it needed time to consider routes that avoided the Ogallala Aquifer, the giant underground body of water that provides Nebraska with much of its water. Elected officials from both parties in Nebraska had expressed concerns a leak in the pipeline could endanger the aquifer.

More recently, Nebraska Republicans, including Sen. Mike Johanns and Rep. Lee Terry, called for granting the permit for the overall project while a new route was determined. The administration said no.

Obama rejects Keystone pipeline from Canada to Texas - for now

I don't see anything in there about the State of Nebraska passing anything to stop this pipeline.... I see where some people had some concerns...... Did someone lie?

*Obama*

they don't need a new route, wake up dude. there is already over 25K miles of pipline criss crossing over the Ogallala Aquifer. you've been played.

here ya go-

Keystone-Map1.jpg

I have a link to a similar map in the op. All for naught apparently. The left simply won't admit its politics. Meanwhile China is going to finish us off by trying to under cut us.

Idiots

OIL is hydrocarbons...

Read:

I'm agreeing with you.
Wrong answer. YOU didn't take time to read the link.

Typical.

Actually I did...did you read the last three paragraphs in your own link?
I thought not.

Suppose oil were a renewable resource, that the earth would continue to replenish our supplies indefinitely, would that be a good thing or a bad thing? When one considers the cost to the environment and the apathy we would inevitably show toward shifting towards more environmentally benign sources of energy, it might just be that cheap and perpetually abundant oil could be more harmful to us in the long run than higher short term oil prices and a diminishing supply.

The conversation about limitless oil supplies, which initially worked its way through the more conspiratorial websites has begun to gain traction on more mainstream sites and why not? It’s a great conversation for the water cooler but should not detract us from the pragmatic realities we face.

Regardless of the answer, America has finally begun to seriously focus on the rapid development and deployment of alternative energies and, although I cannot conclude which side of the abiotic argument may prevail, it’s essential we don’t take our eye off the ball

The guy's a frickin' greenie!!!!
I bet he voted for Obama.

HOW does that guarantee the WORLD's supply and keep prices down?

Double-edged sword.

Quite right.
That's why I LOVE your idea of injecting rubbish back into the old oilfields.

here ya go-

Keystone-Map1.jpg

I have a link to a similar map in the op. All for naught apparently. The left simply won't admit its politics. Meanwhile China is going to finish us off by trying to under cut us.

Idiots

I don't understand.
How are China going to undercut you?

Forum List

Back