So I'm a mean nasty outlaw biker

Bikers are usually ok as long as they are not gang members.

The gang members won't give you grief as long as you stay out of their business. Start playing macho ass and all bets are off.

BS...not the ones Iv'e dealt with. All macho BS...tough guys walkign around like they own the joint. Always found it immature that grown men have to go around with a patch on their back...bit like Elementary school iMO
Dr you are being somewhat UNFAIR in your assesment.tl

Gay guys really like the patch that bikers wear on their backs.

That way they can read what club the biker belongs to while they are packing his fudge. :badgrin:
This comment is BANAL to say the least.As you can see Ernie and his friends do much good work,often investing their own time and money,to help the ill and less fortunate moreover travelling miles and miles to different places to do this.

And indirectly you are insulting Ernie,which I will not have,why do a small minority on here always critisize people who are prepared to put themselves out there for others.

:eusa_hand:NO MORE SHIT TALK THANKS:cool:

That way they can read what club the biker belongs to while they are packing his fudge. :badgrin:
This comment is BANAL to say the least.As you can see Ernie and his friends do much good work,often investing their own time and money,to help the ill and less fortunate moreover travelling miles and miles to different places to do this.

And indirectly you are insulting Ernie,which I will not have,why do a small minority on here always critisize people who are prepared to put themselves out there for others.

:eusa_hand:NO MORE SHIT TALK THANKS
Get a grip squirrel bait. :cuckoo:

SORRY WHAT I MEAN'T WAS "THANKS,BUT NO MORE TALK,...SHIT:cool: don't bother replying I'm just too smart for you......tl

Last Wednesday, I loaded up the Harley in my toy hauler and headed back down to South Florida.
For the 10 years I lived in the Fort Lauderdale area, every year on the second Sunday in December, I've gone for a ride with 30 or 40 thousand of my closest friends.
The ride is called "Toys in the Sun" and last Sunday was the 24th time South Florida motorcycle clubs and organizations have come together to raise money for the Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital and collect toys for kids that wouldn't have toys under the tree if it wasn't for thousands of mean, nasty, ugly, long haired, bushy bearded outlaws.
It rained Sunday for the first time in my years of attending, but we still managed to get 35,000 motorcycles and approximately 70,000 people.
We collected a bit north of $1,000,000 and 9 semis full of toys.
Not bad for a bunch of reprobates, huh?

So, I guess what I want to discuss is what people think of bikers.
I've ridden Harley Davidsons for 43 years now and have watched the perception the general public has of my brothers and sisters change some over the years, but there are some still out there that view us with disdain.
35 years ago, I rode up on a motorcycle accident where a car had purposely cut off a bike. A local patch holder was riding with his wife, He was killed instantly and his wife died a few hours later.
The man who cut them off told the investigating officer that it was no big deal, they were only a couple of biker scum.
The officer, who was a biker himself, got suspended for 2 weeks for beating the crap out of the bas&*%d.
I've had people try the same crap on me as well, though only once in the last 10 years or so.
These days, it's not nearly so blatant, but I still see people roll up their windows and lock their doors when I pull along side.
So, I'm a biker. Do you feel threatened? How do you react when me and a few of my friends pull up a stool at your favorite watering hole?
I guess

a mean motor scooter and a bad go getter...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8-lpTKw2mo&feature=fvst]Alley Oop - Dante & the Evergreens - YouTube[/ame]

I've ridden Harley Davidsons for 43 years now and have watched the perception the general public has of my brothers and sisters change some over the years, but there are some still out there that view us with disdain.

My perception of bikers in general has gotten much better as I have aged, but that's probably because today's bikers were the biker punks when I was a young teen, lol. Many of you guys are in the same age range as myself, and we were raised with strong values and our parents tried their damndest to instill good character traits. Many of us have our eccentricities and have strayed off and on the path along the way, but generally, our generation is a good solid generation of doers and risk-takers, who will stand up for honor and not back down in the face of adversity. In my profession (nursing), I've taken care of alot of bikers, some of them former Hell's Angels. They have been by far the most interesting, colorful, and courageous people I have had the pleasure of meeting.

All bull shit aside, I could take you right now, this instant, to any one of several different places, where if you were stupid enough to repeat that ignorant crap, chances are you'd be dead. You'd be fucking your 72 virgins in imaginary pedophile mohamad land.

Last edited:

The gang members won't give you grief as long as you stay out of their business. Start playing macho ass and all bets are off.

BS...not the ones Iv'e dealt with. All macho BS...tough guys walkign around like they own the joint. Always found it immature that grown men have to go around with a patch on their back...bit like Elementary school iMO

Who is it you "dealt with" Grump?

I've ridden with and partied with Hells Angels, Vagos, Outlaws, Branded Few, Booze Fighters, IOOB, Vietnam Vets, USMV... just to name a few, and I have never seen them do much mingling in a bar or when they're out. They stick to themselves. They like it that way. The only way I've ever seen anyone get in trouble with them is if they start talking shit with the club, which usually will end badly. Leave them alone, don't be a smart ass. I've never seen a patch ever start shit with someone that was minding their own business.

Tell you what. PM me where you live, and I'll reply with an address where you can go and repeat that. Get past the bullshit stereotype you learned from mommy and get out in the real world. I'd bet the average biker give 10 times as much time and money to the less fortunate than the typical hopey/changy lib.
Get to know a few of us. Form your own opinion. The thing is, although you'd likely have a higher opinion of us, you still would think we're trash. You see, most bikers are Conservatives or Libertarians.

Biker guys used to be intimidating decked out in leather riding en masse. Then you look at how much those bikes cost, and you realize that these guys must all be professionals in order to even afford the bike, and all the extra bells and whistles. Then you have to laugh to yourself quietly so you don't embarrass them. They go to all this trouble of trying to look tough and unkept. Their hair is long and beards are white if they have them. At work they wear suits and are clean. I guess it's their fantasy and they should be allowed to live it any way they choose. IMHO

We call the biker wannabes, "posers" We'll likely let them buy us a beer, maybe return the favor, but if you want to be accepted, there's a whole lot more to it than a 20 grand machine that carries you from bar to bar.

Fuck off, shit head.

Lets see..... who would i feel safer with.... a bunch of mean nasty outlaw bikers.... or a bunch of mean nasty outlaw crips or bloods....?

Ill take the bikers any day of the week! Sure there are a lot of bad bikers... just like there are bad anyone else out there.

And i know damn well i would be safer with bikers over some damn hard core Islamist.

The bikers DO have a long history of doing great things for people. They support chattiness and have some huge soft hearts.

Lets see..... who would i feel safer with.... a bunch of mean nasty outlaw bikers.... or a bunch of mean nasty outlaw crips or bloods....?

Ill take the bikers any day of the week! Sure there are a lot of bad bikers... just like there are bad anyone else out there.

And i know damn well i would be safer with bikers over some damn hard core Islamist.

The bikers DO have a long history of doing great things for people. They support chattiness and have some huge soft hearts.

I have hung around Crips before and a Black motorcycle club here in Birmingham, my barber is a member and invited me to a party they were hosting. I have to say I would choose the bikers over the Crips/Bloods also, even if you are friends with those Crips or Bloods all it takes is for someone to slip and say something and you got a fight on your hands, you have to be on your P's and Q's around them especially if they are active in the gang banging scene.

Biker guys used to be intimidating decked out in leather riding en masse. Then you look at how much those bikes cost, and you realize that these guys must all be professionals in order to even afford the bike, and all the extra bells and whistles. Then you have to laugh to yourself quietly so you don't embarrass them. They go to all this trouble of trying to look tough and unkept. Their hair is long and beards are white if they have them. At work they wear suits and are clean. I guess it's their fantasy and they should be allowed to live it any way they choose. IMHO

We call the biker wannabes, "posers" We'll likely let them buy us a beer, maybe return the favor, but if you want to be accepted, there's a whole lot more to it than a 20 grand machine that carries you from bar to bar.

Yep, had a sticker on my shorty helmet that said "18 grand and 18 miles DON'T make you a biker".

Matter of fact, one day a friend of mine named Tinker and I were sitting outside a local biker bar here in Amarillo (Boondocks when it was still open) and saw some dude drive up in a beat up pickup and get out.

He was wearing a leather vest, chaps, boots and jeans. Tinker looked at him and asked what happened to his bike (we would have helped him load it if needed) and he told us that he didn't have one, he was just hoping to meet some biker chicks.

We laughed the fucker outta the bar.

Most dangerous large group of wanna be bikers you'll ever see? All the people that go buy a Harley and then decide to learn how to ride while at Sturgis. Saw lots of wrecks by people who just got their scooter a month or so before.

And.........as far as patch holders? Depends on if it's a 1 percent group or not. If you see a 1 percent patch on the front of their vest? Don't fuck with them, and they won't fuck with you. I've even rode for a club for a couple of years, but after that experience, decided to ride independent from then on, because I didn't like having my life run by others.

However...........as someone who has ridden a lot of the US on a scooter, I can tell you that the best information that you can get for an area is generally from the biker bars, and, if you've got car problems, most of 'em are pretty decent wrenches, because if you ride a Harley, ya gotta be able to know enough to make it home if something goes wrong.

Nope, bikers are pretty decent people. I know, because I are one, and so are many of my really good friends.

Side note about people being scared of bikers.........was riding up Pikes Peak with a friend of mine named Danno one summer (celebrated July 4th by riding Pikes Peak), and we'd come back down, stopping at where the pavement started again, and some tourists from Canada came up and asked if we were real bikers. We said yeah, and the 2 little old ladies came up and put their arms around us on either side and took pictures of us with them.

Great time.

And bikers are the only people who know why dogs stick their noses out of the windows of moving vehicles.

Last edited:
Last Wednesday, I loaded up the Harley in my toy hauler and headed back down to South Florida.
For the 10 years I lived in the Fort Lauderdale area, every year on the second Sunday in December, I've gone for a ride with 30 or 40 thousand of my closest friends.
The ride is called "Toys in the Sun" and last Sunday was the 24th time South Florida motorcycle clubs and organizations have come together to raise money for the Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital and collect toys for kids that wouldn't have toys under the tree if it wasn't for thousands of mean, nasty, ugly, long haired, bushy bearded outlaws.
It rained Sunday for the first time in my years of attending, but we still managed to get 35,000 motorcycles and approximately 70,000 people.

35 years ago, I rode up on a motorcycle accident where a car had purposely cut off a bike. A local patch holder was riding with his wife, He was killed instantly and his wife died a few hours later.
The man who cut them off told the investigating officer that it was no big deal, they were only a couple of biker scum.
The officer, who was a biker himself, got suspended for 2 weeks for beating the crap out of the bas&*%d.
I've had people try the same crap on me as well, though only once in the last 10 years or so.
These days, it's not nearly so blatant, but I still see people roll up their windows and lock their doors when I pull along side.
So, I'm a biker. Do you feel threatened? How do you react when me and a few of my friends pull up a stool at your favorite watering hole?
I guess

I wouldn't mind if you and your crew come to the bar I go to, I am ok with anyone if they are good people.

I guess

So I'm a mean nasty outlaw biker

Take a shower..that'll only leave two to work on...

I have hung around Crips before and a Black motorcycle club here in Birmingham, my barber is a member and invited me to a party they were hosting. I have to say I would choose the bikers over the Crips/Bloods also, even if you are friends with those Crips or Bloods all it takes is for someone to slip and say something and you got a fight on your hands, you have to be on your P's and Q's around them especially if they are active in the gang banging scene.

You don't even have to say something wrong.... if they think you look the wrong way...you move your eyes in the wrong way....anything. Sorry...they are just garbage. They do nothing to help the communities they are selling drugs to and ruining the kids.

They do nothing for anyone...

That is not the case with bikers.

You don't even have to say something wrong.... if they think you look the wrong way...you move your eyes in the wrong way....anything. Sorry...they are just garbage. They do nothing to help the communities they are selling drugs to and ruining the kids.

I have to agree, I hung around them when I was a kid in high school and its really nothing but trouble, alot of those guys are very cowardly and can't even step to anyone head up except for the top guys in leadership positions.

I have to agree, I hung around them when I was a kid in high school and its really nothing but trouble, alot of those guys are very cowardly and can't even step to anyone head up except for the top guys in leadership positions.

I agree..... though ive not hung out with them.

Forum List

Back