So I heard McCain wants to bomb Syria, opinions?

Uh....wrong.

The Arab League already opposes Assad and would support the US coalition blowing up Assad's forces.

The Arab League turned on China and Russia for not supporting the original UN resolutions against Assad, but of course you now think they would turn on us for actually saving the Syrian people from Assad. :cuckoo:

It's called air and missile strikes.

The problem is that Syria will probably shoot off their missiles at Israel.

We either level the Syrian military or let them kill all the protestors off.....

How would we do that?

Destroying the Syrian Military to the point where it could no longer attack its own people would require us seriously assaulting that country with air strikes, cruise missiles, the works, thats something I don't think we would be willing to commit to, there is no NATO coalition following us into Syria, and once the Muslim world sees the images of dead Syrians killed by American bombs all their anger will be directed at us, not Assad's regime.

I would be ok with arming the Syrian opposition only as long as we know who they are and what they want for Syria, I don't like seeing innocent civilians massacred. As far as Americans directly bombing Syria, I don't know, too much could go wrong, Syria is not Libya.

I'm a Ron Paul guy and I could almost agree with arming the opposition at the VERY MOST. But let them do their own fighting.

Uh....wrong.

The Arab League already opposes Assad and would support the US coalition blowing up Assad's forces.

The Arab League turned on China and Russia for not supporting the original UN resolutions against Assad, but of course you now think they would turn on us for actually saving the Syrian people from Assad. :cuckoo:

It's called air and missile strikes.

The problem is that Syria will probably shoot off their missiles at Israel.

We either level the Syrian military or let them kill all the protestors off.....

Destroying the Syrian Military to the point where it could no longer attack its own people would require us seriously assaulting that country with air strikes, cruise missiles, the works, thats something I don't think we would be willing to commit to, there is no NATO coalition following us into Syria, and once the Muslim world sees the images of dead Syrians killed by American bombs all their anger will be directed at us, not Assad's regime.

Show me a link where the Arab Leage supports the US directly bombing Syria, just because these countries don't like Assad right now doesn't mean they want us bombing the shit out of that country.

I would be ok with arming the Syrian opposition only as long as we know who they are and what they want for Syria, I don't like seeing innocent civilians massacred. As far as Americans directly bombing Syria, I don't know, too much could go wrong, Syria is not Libya.

I'm not saying I disagree, but how is it different (assuming we get NATO participation)?

I'm a Ron Paul guy and I could almost agree with arming the opposition at the VERY MOST. But let them do their own fighting.

Exactly, I wouldn't mind giving the Syrian opposition a punchers chance. Things are pretty fucked up over there, and Assad has Iran, Russia and China in his corner.

brokenrecord.jpg

But accurate. I don't care about Freedom & Democracy in Syria. I care much more about that here at home. Syria hasn't stolen our Freedom & Liberty away. Our own Government has done that. Let Syrians sort out Syrian problems. We've got plenty of our own problems here.

That's where you lack perspective. We can be beacon for freedom throughout the world, without being globalists. The more freedom in the world, the better off America is.

Lets concentrate on bringing Freedom back to our nation. I mean we have more spy-drones flying over our own nation than we do in Syria for God's sake. We need to address our own problems here at home. Freedom & Democracy for foreign nations will just have to wait. What good is it fighting & dying for Freedom & Democracy abroad, while our's is disappearing at home?

But accurate. I don't care about Freedom & Democracy in Syria. I care much more about that here at home. Syria hasn't stolen our Freedom & Liberty away. Our own Government has done that. Let Syrians sort out Syrian problems. We've got plenty of our own problems here.

That's where you lack perspective. We can be beacon for freedom throughout the world, without being globalists. The more freedom in the world, the better off America is.

Lets concentrate on bringing Freedom back to our nation. I mean we have more spy-drones flying over our own nation than we do in Syria for God's sake. We need to address our own problems here at home. Freedom & Democracy for foreign nations will just have to wait. What good is it fighting & dying for Freedom & Democracy abroad, while our's is disappearing at home?

broken_record.jpg

I'm not saying I disagree, but how is it different (assuming we get NATO participation)?

Because of Syrias position in the Arab world, Syria is getting back up hard from Iran, China and Russia, taking down that regime will be harder than it was to oust Gaddafi. Assad's regime is confident, dug in and they will not go anywhere, their Military has much more firepower than Gaddafis did, Gaddafis Military was so short handed he had to hire muscle from the outside. So far I haven't heard anything about NATO putting together a package to work Syria, so if we do this it will be an American operation. At least with arming the opposition we are giving them a punchers chance, and this way we don't have to take any direct responsibility if we kill blocks of innocent Syrians with our bombs by mistake.

Last edited:

I'd have thought you'd be more interested in, say, exercising your free speech rights to talk about the evil plot to lie to the world about Bin Laden's body and the dead SEAL TEAM 6 affair?

Exactly, I wouldn't mind giving the Syrian opposition a punchers chance. Things are pretty fucked up over there, and Assad has Iran, Russia and China in his corner.

Non-interventionists have often called for encouraging and enabling the people of Iran to rise up against the regime and create their own changes rather than us involve our military and do it for them.

But at the end of the day it requires that they have the means to be able to do it, so it's pointless to advocate for them to act on their own behalf if they aren't equipped to be able to handle the task. I see no problem with giving them the tools they need and letting them handle their business.

I cannot stand stupid people like you that demand a link....go find it yourself, this isn't your 1st grade class.

Anyone claiming the Arab League would turn on the US for bombing Assad and his thugs is an idiot and insane.

Did they oppose us for taking out Saddam? UBL? Come on.....I'm talking about KSA, Qatar, UAE, etc.:eusa_whistle:

Uh....wrong.

Show me a link where the Arab Leage supports the US directly bombing Syria, just because these countries don't like Assad right now doesn't mean they want us bombing the shit out of that country.

I cannot stand stupid people like you that demand a link....go find it yourself, this isn't your 1st grade class.

Anyone claiming the Arab League would turn on the US for bombing Assad and his thugs is an idiot and insane.

Did they oppose us for taking out Saddam? UBL? Come on.....I'm talking about KSA, Qatar, UAE, etc.:eusa_whistle:

Uh....wrong.

Like I thought, you have nothing. I can't stand dumb fucks like you that think the only way to help a people is bomb the living fuck out of them.:cuckoo:

I'd have thought you'd be more interested in, say, exercising your free speech rights to talk about the evil plot to lie to the world about Bin Laden's body and the dead SEAL TEAM 6 affair?

Different topic there dummy. And that report was from one of the Dear Leader's own stooges. But you probably didn't even bother to read it because that's just how you roll. Ignorance is bliss.

So I heard McCain wants to bomb Syria, opinions?
McLame ought to shut the fuck up and fade into the sunset never to be heard from again.

We need ANOTHER military engagement like we need a NUCLEAR BOMB TO GO OFF IN NYC.

We need to EXTRICATE ourselves from middle east involvement, NOT START NEW ONES!

Let them fucking muslims kill the shit out of each other. The fewer muslims in the world the less war and killing we'll have world wide.

Non-interventionists have often called for encouraging and enabling the people of Iran to rise up against the regime and create their own changes rather than us involve our military and do it for them.

But at the end of the day it requires that they have the means to be able to do it, so it's pointless to advocate for them to act on their own behalf if they aren't equipped to be able to handle the task. I see no problem with giving them the tools they need and letting them handle their business.

Exactly my man, I agree with that. :thup:

Idiot, you probably can't find Syria on a map.....this subject is what I do. :eusa_whistle:

I was working on this subject months ago before you caught wind of it on msnbc....

Like I thought, you have nothing. I can't stand dumb fucks like you that think the only way to help a people is bomb the living fuck out of them.:cuckoo:

Idiot, you probably can't find Syria on a map.....this subject is what I do. :eusa_whistle:

I was working on this subject months ago before you caught wind of it on msnbc....

Yeah whatever, yeah lets bomb the shit out of Syria, I am sure the Syrian people will welcome us with flowers and chocolates. :thup:

Yeah whatever, yeah lets bomb the shit out of Syria, I am sure the Syrian people will welcome us with flowers and chocolates. :thup:

War with Syria will only bring the same results we're now seeing in Libya & Egypt. The hardcore Islamists will seize control. Blowback will be awful for our nation. Just allow the Syrians to sort out Syrian problems.

Yeah, they prefer to die while you talk about it on the internet. :cuckoo:

Typically hostages don't blame the police trying to rescue them if a random hostage gets an accidental bullet. Let's see die from the bad guys or somehow survive a rescue....

Different topic there dummy. And that report was from one of the Dear Leader's own stooges. But you probably didn't even bother to read it because that's just how you roll. Ignorance is bliss.

but what about your right to free speech? Doesn't that mean anything to you anymore?

Forum List

Back