So high gas prices are your new magic Obama bullet, eh ?

At the top of Tuesday's NBC Nightly News, anchor Brian Williams pleaded: "Why now? In a tight economy with so many Americans living on the financial edge, why are they being asked to pay so much more for gas?" Moments later, he warned: "...there's still one thing that could crush it all and ruin any hope for a real recovery right now, and that's the price of gas."

Compare that sentiment to this question Tom Brokaw put to President-elect Obama in December of 2008 on Meet the Press: "Why not take this opportunity to put a tax on gasoline, bump it back up to $4 a gallon where people were prepared to pay for that, and use that revenue for alternative energy and as a signal to the consumers: 'Those days are gone. We're not going to have gasoline that you could just fill up your tank for 20 bucks anymore.'"

Here's how Matt Lauer reacted to the rising cost of gas on Wednesday's Today: "And some bad news for drivers and the overall economy. Gas prices are up 13 cents in the last month alone. There is new worry that we could hit all-time highs by the summer driving months."

Now look at what former co-host Meredith Vieira asked Chevron CEO David O'Reilly on the June 21, 2007 broadcast: "Would we be better off, sir, if gas prices were even higher, if it were four, five, six dollars a gallon? Wouldn't that provide the incentive we need to come up with alternative forms of gas and to stop this dependence that we have on foreign oil?"

So aren't these soaring gas prices exactly what Brokaw and Vieira were demanding? What changed?

Read more: NBC Pushed High Gas Prices Under Bush, Now Worried They Would 'Crush' Economy Under Obama | NewsBusters.org

And don't forget Steven Chu! ;)

"Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe." – Steven Chu April, 2011

Just as long as it's done graaaadually. :eusa_shhh:

I seem to have heard this song and dance before....

Yes, you knocked Bush for exactly the same thing. Funny how it was ok to blame him for rising gas prices, but now that a Democrat is in the White House it's no longer the president's fault.

Want to know the difference between Bush and Obama?

Well, Obama doesn't have lots and lots of close family friends in the oil industry.
Obama isn't filling our strategic reserve with this record priced oil, like his predecessor did
Oil production is up 8% under Obama. If FELL 15% under Bush.
oil_production_chart.png

And I hold Obama accountable for not putting on trading limits or delivery requirements on commodity traders. That would drop the price by a good 1/5th.

Remember when it was because he was a muslim?
Or when it was because wasn't born in the US?
Or when he bowed to that Saudi Prince?
Or when he put all those DEATH PANELS into his healthcare bill?
Or when he took all your guns away?
Remember when it was Jeremiah Wright?
Remember when it was Fast and Furious?
Remember when it was Solyndra?
Remember when it was the economy?

Is there ANY STRAW you conservatives WON'T GRASP AT?
Guessing by who your emerging front-runner is, I'd say the answer to that question is a firm "NO"!

One doesn't need a "magic bullet", Decepticon. In a nutshell? Barry ran out of ideas on how to fix things a year into his term and has spent the last two pointing fingers at others for his own failings. He's a wonderful campaigner who simply sucks at doing the job he campaigned for.

Remember when it was because he was a muslim?
Or when it was because wasn't born in the US?
Or when he bowed to that Saudi Prince?
Or when he put all those DEATH PANELS into his healthcare bill?
Or when he took all your guns away?
Remember when it was Jeremiah Wright?
Remember when it was Fast and Furious?
Remember when it was Solyndra?
Remember when it was the economy?

Is there ANY STRAW you conservatives WON'T GRASP AT?
Guessing by who your emerging front-runner is, I'd say the answer to that question is a firm "NO"!

One doesn't need a "magic bullet", Decepticon. In a nutshell? Barry ran out of ideas on how to fix things a year into his term and has spent the last two pointing fingers at others for his own failings. He's a wonderful campaigner who simply sucks at doing the job he campaigned for.

I have to disagree. According to him, and the liberals who support him, he is doing a great job. You just don't understand what the goals are. obama is achieving his goals a bit at a time. He is following Cloward-Piven to the letter to achieve those goals.

i won't vote for obama because i've pretty much become a one issue voter over my lifetime (national debt) but, the three things that i always laughed at, that the republicans attacked obama on, were...

he was gonna shut down Fox
he was gonna ban fishing
he was gonna kick rush and sean off of radio

that's some funny stuff

Forum List

Back