So going forward can we expect prosecution to be a new political strategy?

What a clueless statement, Care! Of course you get to shop around for a jury. You think it's a coincidence that these law suits are being brought by DA's in overwhelmingly liberal locales? New York City? Washington DC? Fulton County? The truth is that if they WEREN'T brought in those locales they wouldn't have been brought at all!
His business, the Trump Organization resides in New York City, Man with a Plan. The alleged crimes were committed in New York.... And with the Civil Law suits as well, MWAP... ...Carroll was defamed there and injured there....and again with the civil fraud suit, the same...the Trump Org resides there...

Trump is a born and bread New Yorker, until his recent move...he lived, and operated his businesses out of New York City....that's at least 5 decades!

It's just logical that this would be where any criminal charges or civil suits, would take place... imo.

A grand jury would be picked from the vicinity of where the indictment came from, which is the vicinity of where the alleged crimes were committed, and in the vicinity of where the prosecutor who uses the grand jury works out of.....

And being a jurist is a huge, huge, huge responsibility, with another person's life or livelihood in your hands, when it comes to the 12....the beyond a reasonable doubt part, is important, to every jurist I ever met!

I'll concede it is not as strict with a grand jury, to charge/indict...only the 'more likely, than not', applies as the Standard.

But as far as where the jury comes from for EVERY DEFENDANT, including Trump, it is near the place where the crime was allegedly committed...with a few exceptions.

When he took the documents he was a citizen?
Yes. Biden had already taken the oath. Further, secret documents stay ins scif not a desk drawer.

He was the President of the United States!
No. Once Biden had taken office he was a private citizen. Thats when he took them and kept them.

Unlike Joe Biden who stole classified documents when he was a Senator and Vice President...neither of which office gave Biden the authority to possess those classified documents!
He could not legally 1) KEEP THE DOCUMENTS; 2) have them outside a secured facility.

His business, the Trump Organization resides in New York City, Man with a Plan. The alleged crimes were committed in New York.... And with the Civil Law suits as well, MWAP... ...Carroll was defamed there and injured there....and again with the civil fraud suit, the same...the Trump Org resides there...

Trump is a born and bread New Yorker, until his recent move...he lived, and operated his businesses out of New York City....that's at least 5 decades!

It's just logical that this would be where any criminal charges or civil suits, would take place... imo.

A grand jury would be picked from the vicinity of where the indictment came from, which is the vicinity of where the alleged crimes were committed, and in the vicinity of where the prosecutor who uses the grand jury works out of.....

And being a jurist is a huge, huge, huge responsibility, with another person's life or livelihood in your hands, when it comes to the 12....the beyond a reasonable doubt part, is important, to every jurist I ever met!

I'll concede it is not as strict with a grand jury, to charge/indict...only the 'more likely, than not', applies as the Standard.

But as far as where the jury comes from for EVERY DEFENDANT, including Trump, it is near the place where the crime was allegedly committed...with a few exceptions.
You mean the "crimes" that didn't exist before liberals changed the statutes so that they could target Donald Trump and ONLY Donald Trump? Are those the crimes you're referring to?

Yes. Biden had already taken the oath. Further, secret documents stay ins scif not a desk drawer.

No. Once Biden had taken office he was a private citizen. Thats when he took them and kept them.

He could not legally 1) KEEP THE DOCUMENTS; 2) have them outside a secured facility.
Biden literally STOLE classified documents from the SKIFF when he was a Senator, Zinc! What "oath" are you talking about?

I said nothing about an oath.
If you want to prosecute Biden after his term expires I am 100% A-OK with that.
Literally in the post before that one, Zinc! Even Joe Biden's memory isn't THAT bad! So what oath were you referring to that gave Senator Joe Biden the authority to take those documents?

I said nothing about an oath.
If you want to prosecute Biden after his term expires I am 100% A-OK with that.
I could care less about Joe Biden after he's been removed from the White House. As long as he's no longer President and can't screw the country up any more than he already has, he can spend the rest of his days braiding his leg hair and sniffing little girl's hair for all I care!

This whole notion of using the justice system to go after your political opponents? I wasn't in favor of it with Hillary Clinton. Wasn't in favor of it with Trump. I won't be in favor of it with Biden. Just make him go away! He's an awful President!

Literally in the post before that one, Zinc! Even Joe Biden's memory isn't THAT bad! So what oath were you referring to that gave Senator Joe Biden the authority to take those documents?
Sorry, I see now. The Oath of Office of President. That makes trump a private citizen and any secret documents are government property, and his possessing them is a felony.
I could care less about Joe Biden after he's been removed from the White House. As long as he's no longer President and can't screw the country up any more than he already has, he can spend the rest of his days braiding his leg hair and sniffing little girl's hair for all I care!
DOJ policy is no federal action while they are in office.

Sorry, I see now. The Oath of Office of President. That makes trump a private citizen and any secret documents are government property, and his possessing them is a felony.

DOJ policy is no federal action while they are in office.
Dude, Joe Biden was stealing classified documents from Skiffs all the way back to when he was a Senator! He's got ZERO defense on that!

The materials that Trump had at Mar A Lago were boxed up and shipped there from the White House BEFORE Biden was sworn in and the transition took place! Trump as the ultimate authority on classification of materials could have taken anything he wanted.

Dude, Joe Biden was stealing classified documents from Skiffs all the way back to when he was a Senator! He's got ZERO defense on that!
As I said prosecute him. Irrelevant to the topic.
The materials that Trump had at Mar A Lago were boxed up and shipped there from the White House BEFORE Biden was sworn in and the transition took place! Trump as the ultimate authority on classification of materials could have taken anything he wanted.
It was still there. It was classified. He tried to hide them. Felonies.

As I said prosecute him. Irrelevant to the topic.

It was still there. It was classified. He tried to hide them. Felonies.
For god's sake, Zinc...what's relevant to the topic is that Joe Biden's Justice Department is prosecuting Donald Trump for an alleged "crime" that in fact Joe Biden is far more guilty of than Trump!

Now you're moving the goalposts. Before you said Trump took those documents as a private citizen. When it was pointed out by me that he took them when he was still President and was the ultimate authority on classification now you want him charge for the possession of those documents after he was no longer in office? He didn't hide them...he thought he had the right to possess them...something that SHOULD have been hashed out in a court of law! Instead Joe Biden's AG sent an FBI Swat team from Washington DC to raid a former President of the United State's house!

For god's sake, Zinc...what's relevant to the topic is that Joe Biden's Justice Department is prosecuting Donald Trump for an alleged "crime" that in fact Joe Biden is far more guilty of than Trump!
Yes. and he is guilty as sin. Whether or not Biden is guilty as sin is a separate case. Prosecute away.

Now you're moving the goalposts. Before you said Trump took those documents as a private citizen.
1. He did, at least some of them.
2. He did not return them when requested, and attempted to conceal his control of them. Thats the difference between him and Pence/Biden.

When it was pointed out by me that he took them when he was still President and was the ultimate authority on classification
He isn't. He is the executive. Classified docs are controlled by regulation and statute. Nuke docs can't be declassified by him at all.

now you want him charge for the possession of those documents after he was no longer in office?
You betcha. I want him to die in prison.

He didn't hide them...
Yes he did and tried to get rid of the video showing where they were being moved.

he thought he had the right to possess them...
Ignorance is no excuse. Further he was fully briefed.

something that SHOULD have been hashed out in a court of law!
Oh it is as we speak. :auiqs.jpg:
Instead Joe Biden's AG sent an FBI Swat team from Washington DC to raid a former President of the United State's house!
Thats what happens when you hide secret docs like a spy.

Yes. and he is guilty as sin. Whether or not Biden is guilty as sin is a separate case. Prosecute away.

2. He did not return them when requested, and attempted to conceal his control of them. Thats the difference between him and Pence/Biden.

He isn't. He is the executive. Classified docs are controlled by regulation and statute. Nuke docs can't be declassified by him at all.

Yes he did and tried to get rid of the video showing where they were being moved.

So you're OK with Joe Biden using his Justice Department to go after his chief political rival for a "crime" that he himself is far more guilty of? Come on, Zinc. I don't care how much you don't like Trump...that's indefensible!

I have no idea whatsoever how you arrived at the conclusion that the President of the United States can't declassify ANY documents, Zinc! What do you base that on?

So you're OK with Joe Biden using his Justice Department to go after his chief political rival for a "crime" that he himself is far more guilty of? Come on, Zinc. I don't care how much you don't like Trump...that's indefensible!
4 different indictments by different grand juries, some Fed, some state. The ones we are discussing are a Trump judge. He has also been held liable by NY on multiple occasions.

He did it. He did all of it. MAGAs can't defend it. They have to try to distract and strawman, but they can't defend against the actual charges.
I have no idea whatsoever how you arrived at the conclusion that the President of the United States can't declassify ANY documents, Zinc! What do you base that on?
Read the statutes or just Google it.

You say that ignorance is no excuse yet Hillary Clinton was excused for just that reason when she ran the State Department through two servers hidden at her home and then paid to have the evidence of what she'd done destroyed when what she'd been doing was exposed. Why is it an excuse for Hillary but not for Trump?

4 different indictments by different grand juries, some Fed, some state. The ones we are discussing are a Trump judge. He has also been held liable by NY on multiple occasions.

He did it. He did all of it. MAGAs can't defend it. They have to try to distract and strawman, but they can't defend against the actual charges.

With all due respect, Zinc? Indictments don't mean diddly. Who is a Trump judge?

There is no statute. The President is the ultimate authority on classification.

He obviously DIDN'T do "all of it", Zinc because quite a few of the charges have already been thrown out by various judges!

You say that ignorance is no excuse yet Hillary Clinton was excused for just that reason when she ran the State Department through two servers hidden at her home and then paid to have the evidence of what she'd done destroyed when what she'd been doing was exposed. Why is it an excuse for Hillary but not for Trump?
Prosecute her, but irrelevant to the thread.
With all due respect, Zinc? Indictments don't mean diddly. Who is a Trump judge?
That means appointed by Trump.

There is no statute. The President is the ultimate authority on classification.
Here you go. Itsfascinating.

Forum List

Back