So God is a collection of chemicals? A-T-C-G

I saw this in MANU1959's sig line, it fits perfectly for this thread:

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is." ~ Albert Camus

What is it with the French and each ways bets on God? First it's Blaise Pascal and then along comes Camus! I always thought Camus was an existentialist anyway. But maybe I have the wrong person. Still I suppose Kierkegaard was an existentialist and he was a tortured beiiever.

Don't mind me, it's the heat.

I saw this in MANU1959's sig line, it fits perfectly for this thread:

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is." ~ Albert Camus

What is it with the French and each ways bets on God? First it's Blaise Pascal and then along comes Camus! I always thought Camus was an existentialist anyway. But maybe I have the wrong person. Still I suppose Kierkegaard was an existentialist and he was a tortured beiiever.

Don't mind me, it's the heat.

Don't forget my favorite Frenchman, Voltaire!

All sects are different, because they come from men; morality is everywhere the same, because it comes from God.
~Voltaire

I don't do hate. I'm a liberal. I usually talk politely to strangers who disturb me by knocking on my door uninvited and try to tell me I may be going to hell...that I should be saved.

Further , just to add to the discussion, being created in God's image does not mean we literally look like God.
D'oh!

I am not hostile to the ignorant superstitious among us. I am tolerant and sometimes amused.

Has Truth Speaker been knocking on your door?

party pooper!
Got to get my beauty sleep for the dentist tomorrow:eek:
Why? Do you have a cute dentist?
That one got me thinking back I have not been to this dentist for ten years. From recollection he was not to bad to look at. I have found though you want to visit them with at least the appearance of taking good care of self. It makes a diference in treatment I do believe.

As someone studying Biophysics, "building" a genome depending on other bases than the ones most current lifeforms use is quite possible. In fact, RNA (which uses a different Base, Uracil instead of Thymidn) is like this and was propably first, RNA only ogranism are viable, but would be not able to compete effictivly with DNA ones in most cases, since DNA is way more chemically stable.
In "organisms" were mass mutations may be a good thing (like HIV for example, although HIV does not live in the strict sense and is therefor not really an organisms) RNA only is still competative.

Forum List

Back