So Does Obama Know His Place Now?

I just wish Rush and Fox News would go all out Dr. Laura Schlessinger for about a week and get it out of their systems. You know they want to.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_MGntFSAuo&feature=player_detailpage]Dr. Laura Schlessinger Says "******" Repeatedly On Air To Caller - YouTube[/ame]

RW fatso extraordinaire recently said "The Republicans if they have any hope of winning the 2012 election, have got to put this guy in his place using this as their opportunity to do it. No doubt about it." He was referring to the faux-outrage non-story about the date change.

First question, what place does our President need to be in?

Second question, was this a dog-whistle race-baiting code word or not?

Why/why not

Boehner Should Reject Obama's Request for Joint Session Speech

I read something I thought was pretty insightful. It was something like:

As Republicans rant and scream, President Obama continues to lead in his own quiet methodical and well thought out way.

RW fatso extraordinaire recently said "The Republicans if they have any hope of winning the 2012 election, have got to put this guy in his place using this as their opportunity to do it. No doubt about it." He was referring to the faux-outrage non-story about the date change.

Why/why not

As Republicans rant and scream, President Obama continues to lead in his own quiet methodical and well thought out way.

I'm neither ranting nor screaming, Rdean. I don't have to. All I have to do is quite calmly point out what Barack Obama has done (or not done) in the two and a half years he's been President. The man's record speaks for itself. All this screaming and yelling about racism? That's coming from "your" side of the debate...and it's coming because most of you want to discuss just about anything else OTHER than the economy and jobs.

Can you answer the original question....what's Obama's place?

I don't think that Obama knows his place at all!

He's the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!

He doesn't seem to realize that with that comes an awful lot of power - he relys on politics as his only means. He keeps over compromising and caving in to the repugs at every turn.

The result is: The repugs have no respect for him at all.

He needs to learn to put the repugs in their place, which he should have done in his first 2 years. Now it's a lot harder.

He, like most liberal politicians, don't want to offend anyone, but you're not EVER going to implement progressive change without pissing a lot of people off.

I wish Hillary Clinton had been elected - I think she was just dying to piss off repugs!
Oh, if ONLY we could crown Obama king! :(

Yeah, I could see you bowing now, trying to keep your hood from falling off. :lol:

Gee...let me think...

It could be that they are REALLY angry at someone who locked them out in the hall when he took office and rammed through whatever legislation he could without any bi-partisan input at all. I'm going to go out on a limb and say THAT might have something to do with the push back that Barack has been getting ever since he lost his super majorities.
You guys are STILL pushing that blatant RW lie?!??

They had 2 years of legislating to get it right and the RWers got a LOT of what they wanted. Obama didn't even put the Public Option on the table which the MAJORITY of Americans actually wanted.

WTF are you talking about fool?!??

Come on now, Marc...you know as well as I do that Barack wanted the public option. He couldn't get the Blue Dog Democrats to vote for the public option because they knew it WASN'T what the American public wanted. Just like he couldn't get them to vote for Cap & Trade and Card Check.
BS. The polls all showed that the public wanted the public option, and still do.

WTF do you mean "come on now." He STARTED the debate with the public option OFF the table. He didn't even PUT it ON the tabel. Why do you think he lost his base? THIS was the MAIN reason...we're still smarting because of that.

Do me a favor, take a week and listen to LW radio instead of RW radio. You just might learn something.

Gee...let me think...

It could be that they are REALLY angry at someone who locked them out in the hall when he took office and rammed through whatever legislation he could without any bi-partisan input at all. I'm going to go out on a limb and say THAT might have something to do with the push back that Barack has been getting ever since he lost his super majorities.

Well, now we're getting somewhere.

Good of you to admit that the little shits are SULKING.

Why/why not

I haven't read that as yet, but it sounds pretty spot on to me.

:clap2:

I remember a time during war when the Commander-in-Chief was treated with respect.

Remember the previous Administration's constant wail meme...."You can hate/dislike the President, but you must respect the Office?"

No sooner they said that than they threw it out the door now that we have a black Democrat in Office. Funny that.

Hey Dumb ass? It has absolutely nothing to do with the color of his skin. Never has. He was not vetted at all by a fawning press, he thugged his way to the nomination. And he thinks he can strong arm anyone that opposes him. Simply isn't working.

He claimed a change, he claimed an open honest dialogue and Government, the most open ever. How did he start? By hiring lawyers to hide his and his wife's past. By refusing to release a simple document called a birth certificate and hiring lawyers to prevent its release.

His government has hidden so much stuff that one can openly laugh at his claim he was going to have a n open transparent Government.

Add to that he used the Party to ram through legislation over 60 percent of the people opposed. He rammed though a stimulus bill that the dems claimed was so crucial there was not time to even read it. Then he did not sign it for days cause he was on a trip.

He attacked a cop without knowing the facts. A local cop no where near the White House.

He announced that returning vets were a threat for terrorism while refusing to do anything about a southern porous border. So open that thousands of Terrorists could have already crossed it.

He claimed if we just passed the stimulus unemployment would not exceed 8 percent. He claimed the stimulus was shovel ready jobs. He funneled Government money to Unions. He funneled Government money to a group that was cheating the electoral process.

He is illegally using Government Agencies to thwart the will and Constitutional power of Congress. He wages war with out approval of Congress. And is gearing up for another illegal war.

His Justice Department illegally ordered gun stores to sell weapons to Mexican cartels. They made absolutely no effort to track weapons they claimed were being tracked to stop said Cartels.

Knowing they sold thousands of weapons to Mexican cartels he then had his Justice Department release a claim that 90 percent of the weapons found at Cartel crime scenes in Mexico were illegally obtained in the US. KNOWING that the ATF ordered them sold. Knowing that the 90 percent was a fake statistic since it only included weapons that the Mexicans chose to disclose and only applied to those identified not the ones unidentified.

Shall I go on?

Hey! I thought we were talking about the "current" president. Most of what you just said applies to bush...Or did you just finish your revisionist history course at christine o'donnel university?

The Blue Dog Democrats were the thorn in poor Barack's side...not the Republicans. Moderate Democrats that wouldn't vote for progressive legislation because they knew they'd get voted out of office the next time they were up for reelection. You make me laugh when you maintain that progressive legislation was what the American public "wanted". If that were the case then those Blue Dogs would have fallen all over themselves voting for it. If that were the case then Democrats wouldn't have been voted out of office by historic levels during the mid term elections. And please refrain from calling me a "fool" until you actually make a point I can't refute...it just makes you look "shrill".

OK OldStyle, I see you're debating fairly and calmly. I take it back. I got a lil carried away.

You're still wrong as all getup though.

you got a mouse in your pocket, boy?

Since you don't know my age or ethnicity, I'll let this slide, champ.

So using boy when refering it to a black is racical is that what you are hinting too?

Historically speaking...yes! Are you that thick, that you don't know the historical significance of how the term was used against black men? I have an idea. When you go to your next function(where they don't wear hoods) walk up to your nearest group of black men then say HEY BOY! See what happens and how many white people say you should have known better. M-KAY.

What code? Do you have to be from pleasantville to need to read between the lines? If it's not about his color, then I need a reasonable answer as to why the republiklan has said NO to everything he has proposed, even when it was THEIR idea to begin with.

Gee...let me think...

They had 2 years of legislating to get it right and the RWers got a LOT of what they wanted. Obama didn't even put the Public Option on the table which the MAJORITY of Americans actually wanted.

Yeah, I find that hilarious.

58 Dems and two I's with one being Lieberman who has an axe to grind against the Dems is their "filibuster proof majority." Not to mention the blue dogs Webb and Nelson stood with the GoP and wouldn't vote for cloture.

If the ability to jam thru legislation actually existed we would have at minimum a public option.

LOL!!!

Daveman knows the answer to the question of Lush Rimbaugh's racism, so he REFUSES to answer it.

Figures.

:lol:

Dood, you're incapable of having an original thought of your own. You're not qualified to determine what I'm thinking. :rofl:

Besides, you just proved me right: You'd claim anything he says is racist anyway. Good job, asshat. :clap2:

Doood I'll bet you're thinking: reedeng iz gud. speweng not so gud.

LOL!!!

Daveman knows the answer to the question of Lush Rimbaugh's racism, so he REFUSES to answer it.

Figures.

:lol:

Dood, you're incapable of having an original thought of your own. You're not qualified to determine what I'm thinking. :rofl:

Besides, you just proved me right: You'd claim anything he says is racist anyway. Good job, asshat. :clap2:

Doood I'll bet you're thinking: reedeng iz gud. speweng not so gud.

Caveman is THEE stupidest poster on this board.

Runner up is CaliforniaGirl.

Last edited:

Come on now, Marc...you know as well as I do that Barack wanted the public option. He couldn't get the Blue Dog Democrats to vote for the public option because they knew it WASN'T what the American public wanted. Just like he couldn't get them to vote for Cap & Trade and Card Check.
BS. The polls all showed that the public wanted the public option, and still do.

WTF do you mean "come on now." He STARTED the debate with the public option OFF the table. He didn't even PUT it ON the tabel. Why do you think he lost his base? THIS was the MAIN reason...we're still smarting because of that.

Do me a favor, take a week and listen to LW radio instead of RW radio. You just might learn something.

So let me see if I've got this straight...the American people "wanted the public option" and still do and yet they voted overwhelmingly against the Democrats during the mid term elections? That's what you're selling...right? And Obama took the public option off the table because he wanted to go against the American people...even though he was on record REPEATEDLY saying that he wanted the public option? You really think that makes even a tiny bit of sense? Obama took the public option off the table because despite a full court press to make the American people fall in love with the idea...they overwhelmingly DIDN'T.

As for why he's lost his "base"? He hasn't. He's lost the independents that voted for him. He's lost them because after two and a half years the economy is still in awful shape...unemployment is still over 9% and Barack Obama seems to have run out of ideas to fix either of those problems.

So let me see if I've got this straight...the American people "wanted the public option" and still do and yet they voted overwhelmingly against the Democrats during the mid term elections? That's what you're selling...right? And Obama took the public option off the table because he wanted to go against the American people...even though he was on record REPEATEDLY saying that he wanted the public option? You really think that makes even a tiny bit of sense? Obama took the public option off the table because despite a full court press to make the American people fall in love with the idea...they overwhelmingly DIDN'T.

Holy shit, are you in a mental institution? You better do some credible research...

Gee...let me think...

Yeah, I find that hilarious.

58 Dems and two I's with one being Lieberman who has an axe to grind against the Dems is their "filibuster proof majority." Not to mention the blue dogs Webb and Nelson stood with the GoP and wouldn't vote for cloture.

If the ability to jam thru legislation actually existed we would have at minimum a public option.

Ah, I think I already pointed out that it was the Blue Dog Democrats that kept Obama from getting much of his progressive agenda passed. You just reinforced my argument. Thanks.

one would think gender would be the determining factor, sis.

Right. Because calling an older African-American male a "boy" is choosen solely because that person is male.

You should stop now.

Actually, white guys do call each other 'boy' all the time. It's a kind of affectionate friendship sort of thing.

Black guys are WAY over-sensitive about it.

You've never been oppressed, so you should tread lightly. Remember, blacks are prone to violence, so keep that thought to yourself at work now. M-KAY?

Forum List

Back