So Biden wants to raise taxes that Trump lowered... what can be the net effect???

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Folks... I deal with the facts... Go through the following screen shot of a downloaded spreadsheet from the IRS at this site:
Trump gross Federal tax revenue from 2018-2021 was $14.6 Trillion versus Obama's $6.98 Trillion or nearly 109% increase over Obama's revenue from 2014-2017... and the reason is that ANY increases or decreases in federal revenue is FUTURE effect, i.e. Obama's budget and tax policies in 2016 would affect Trump's 2017 so any 2017 revenue is from Obama. So to would Trump's EFFECT be from 2018 (Trump's Tax policies) to 2021. AND remember look at the federal revenue for 2020... total shutdown of the economy!
So please tell me again how bad Trump was especially with the Tax Repatriation that brought $1 Trillion back that paid taxes on that $1 Trillion and then the offshore money went to work in stock buybacks, new facilities, new hires... everything that caused the tax revenue to increase 109% over Obama!
Obama_TrumpTaxrevenues.png

Folks... I deal with the facts... Go through the following screen shot of a downloaded spreadsheet from the IRS at this site:
Trump gross Federal tax revenue from 2018-2021 was $14.6 Trillion versus Obama's $6.98 Trillion or nearly 109% increase over Obama's revenue from 2014-2017... and the reason is that ANY increases or decreases in federal revenue is FUTURE effect, i.e. Obama's budget and tax policies in 2016 would affect Trump's 2017 so any 2017 revenue is from Obama. So to would Trump's EFFECT be from 2018 (Trump's Tax policies) to 2021. AND remember look at the federal revenue for 2020... total shutdown of the economy!
So please tell me again how bad Trump was especially with the Tax Repatriation that brought $1 Trillion back that paid taxes on that $1 Trillion and then the offshore money went to work in stock buybacks, new facilities, new hires... everything that caused the tax revenue to increase 109% over Obama!
View attachment 684312
Gee, then why did Obama cut the deficit while in office and Trump raise it EVERY YEAR.

You moron, Trump increased deficit by $8 Trillion + printed additional $6 Trillion = $14 Trillion expansion of debt money in just 4 years. Plus Trump increased SALT taxes. So of course the revenue would climb with all that new money. All that new money causing massive inflation now that people came out of hiding from covid to spend again.

Trump's job creation was worse than Carters before covid. Trump destroyed 6 million jobs during his 4 year term.

Last edited:
You moron, Trump increased deficit by $8 Trillion + printed additional $6 Trillion = $14 Trillion expansion of debt money in just 4 years. Plus Trump increased SALT taxes. So of course the revenue would climb with all that new money. All that new money causing massive inflation now that people came out of hiding from covid.
Exactly. The massive increase in prices was in part due to the stockpiling of goods by the rich. ANYONE trying to buy building materials could see it coming. Even now, retailers have stockpiles of building materials that can’t be sold for lower prices to the middle class that were purchased by the glutenous rich under TRUMP’s massive tax cuts. The rich took their gov inherited wealth and spent it in over priced transactions on goods left rotting in warehouses and in retail yards throughout the country.

The rich went into a buying frenzy that helped destroy the middle class dollar.m

The rich still bought their new Tesla’s a while the middle class
had to buy used cars at outrageous prices.

Last edited:
Trump had no control over state and local taxes.....moron.
That’s absolutely ignorant in your understanding of the tax structure. Nearly every state except Vermont has a form of balanced budget requirement. With EVERY massive Repugnant tax cut, comes reduction in Medicaid, business loans and municipal and state grant money. It’s depended upon by the states. When the repugnants withdrawn it, the states are left with raising sales tax, income tax and property taxes and fees or eliminate services. They federal tax cuts for upper income ALWAYS result in increase in state and local taxes and fees because states CAN’t print money. .

That’s absolutely ignorant in your understanding of the tax structure. Nearly every state except Vermont has a form of balanced budget requirement. With EVERY massive Repugnant tax cut, comes reduction in Medicaid, business loans and municipal and state grant money. It’s depended upon by the states. When the repugnants withdrawn it, the states are left with raising sales tax, income tax and property taxes and fees or eliminate services. They federal tax cuts for upper income ALWAYS result in increase in state and local taxes and fees because states CAN’t print money. .

Nearly every state except Vermont has a form of balanced budget requirement.

Thanks. Still doesn't give Trump control over state or local taxes.

With EVERY massive Repugnant tax cut, comes reduction in Medicaid, business loans and municipal and state grant money.

Cool story. Now show me where the reductions you claim ever happened.
And then show me that gave Trump control over state or local taxes.

It’s depended upon by the states. When the repugnants withdrawn it, the states are left with raising sales tax, income tax and property taxes and fees or eliminate services.

If that really happened (I await your proof), that's how it should be.
You want state or local spending, raise state or local taxes to fund it.

They federal tax cuts for upper income ALWAYS result in increase in state and local taxes and fees because states CAN’t print money. .

Prove that Trump's tax cuts led to reduced federal money sent to the states.

Gee, then why did Obama cut the deficit while in office and Trump raise it EVERY YEAR.
Prove it! NOT one shred of proof! Please who the hell are you? Prove it!
You moron, Trump increased deficit by $8 Trillion + printed additional $6 Trillion = $14 Trillion expansion of debt money in just 4 years. Plus Trump increased SALT taxes. So of course the revenue would climb with all that new money. All that new money causing massive inflation now that people came out of hiding from covid to spend again.

Trump's job creation was worse than Carters before covid. Trump destroyed 6 million jobs during his 4 year term.

It does not explain why taxes went up every year even during Trump, yet we know why they fell in 2020.
PROVE it! Why do you dumb ass people think JUST because YOU say so it is TRUE? Why can't you find the facts to support your statement? NOW dummy read and tell me where you see TAXES went up every year??
READ the f...king FACTS!!!!!
e Congressional Budget Office’s May 2022 forecast shows that the government now expects to bring in more tax revenue in the decade following the 2017 “Trump tax cuts” than it had projected prior to the December 2017 passage of tax reform.

It doesn’t look like the tax cuts—which government scorekeepers said at the time would cost $1.5 trillion over 10 years—have been anything like the fiscal nightmare that some on the left would lead us to believe.
TrumpTaxcutsbenefits.png

PROVE it! Why do you dumb ass people think JUST because YOU say so it is TRUE? Why can't you find the facts to support your statement? NOW dummy read and tell me where you see TAXES went up every year??
READ the f...king FACTS!!!!!
e Congressional Budget Office’s May 2022 forecast shows that the government now expects to bring in more tax revenue in the decade following the 2017 “Trump tax cuts” than it had projected prior to the December 2017 passage of tax reform.

It doesn’t look like the tax cuts—which government scorekeepers said at the time would cost $1.5 trillion over 10 years—have been anything like the fiscal nightmare that some on the left would lead us to believe.View attachment 684356
Taxes collected is the information you posted in yer OP, asshole. If you look at the spreadsheet you see incremental increases every year but 2020.

obama_trumptaxrevenues-png.684312

Is there some reason you seek to be a dick!?

Taxes collected is the information you posted in yer OP, asshole. If you look at the spreadsheet you see incremental increases every year but 2020.

obama_trumptaxrevenues-png.684312

Is there some reason you seek to be a dick!?
Duh... where were you in 2019-2020? Did you hear of COVID? And again... as idiots like you think income taxes is like a water faucet, turn on income flows. Doesn't work that way in reality! That's why if you read closely what the table I put together does is shows the year before effect...i.e. Obama's last year affected Trump's first year and Trump's last year affected 2021!
But dummies like you again think income tax policies are like water faucets... but they aren't. It takes time to put into place
the policies like Trump took 2017 to get the tax reduction programs in place and then 2018, 2019 saw increases and the economy stopped evidently you weren't around in early 2020 and as result 2021 saw the resumption of Trump's tax reduction plans.
Seriously some with a name like "moonglow" should stay with smelling your underwear as it is the only think you comprehend!

Forum List

Back