So Biden wants 500,000 chargers... how long does it take to charge an EV car?

My suggestion for HM...don't buy an EV.
I will be paying for YOUR EV electricity though because the utilities will pass on to ALL of us with higher rates directly or indirectly, i.e. businesses pass on their costs.
We will ALL be paying for YOUR EV through government subsidies using OUR tax dollars. And then finally WE ALL will pay for tires and asphalt for our roads as
oil provides the basis for 6,000 products you and I use and with diminishing gas usage will mean higher oil prices.
So YOU and I will be paying for it!
products-madefrom-oil.png

Its' an option. Not to be MANDATED by BIG GOVT for no reason whatsoever. GAS cars are fine. a 4CYL will get 30MPG. Been around for decades. Infrastructure in place. If an EV was cost-equivelant and suited for many........they might buy them. But to be ordered by Ketchup Kerry to buy and Electric? We already have power shortages.
Mandated by BIG GOVT? Hardly. It is more of a State initiative. Each state adopts mandates as they see fit.

State rights - who needs 'em, amIright?

The local Denny's has a dozen chargers in the parking lot. WalMart is going that way also. Logistics and patience is the key.
AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN!!!!
Where will those Denny's Walmart, etc. get their electricity for the chargers?????
Don't you understand? Where will the ADDITIONAL...12,461,525,806,512 kWh .national ELECTRICITY come from if 90% of cars/trucks are EV!
Duh... I know, but again... WHERE WILL the electricity come from if we will need to build for example 860 new nuclear generating plants that cost $7 Billion each and takes about 10 years to build? Where will the $6,020,000,000,000 come from to build the plants?

12trillionkHw.png

90%EVs033123.png

One thing for certain is the left are a rich man's $. The left are so easily swayed, everything new sounds so cool, with no thought to look deeper.

Fact is EV requires as much or more fossil fuels than gas.

To date the hybrid is FAR AND AWAY more efficient than EV and gas.

One thing for certain is the left are a rich man's $. The left are so easily swayed, everything new sounds so cool, with no thought to look deeper.

Fact is EV requires as much or more fossil fuels than gas.

To date the hybrid is FAR AND AWAY more efficient than EV and gas.

It requires more and massive destruction on an ecological scale. It does exponentially more damage to the environment than all fossil fuels combined.

I am forever amazed at the really basic ignorance of people!
Even though I've pointed out frequently that the 500,000 re-chargers Biden wants to put and the ones someone mentioned that Denny's and Walmarts have,
and now I'm shouting..."THE RE-CHARGERS NEED ELECTRICITY TO RECHARGE! Just because there is a "re-charger" doesn't mean there is electricity!
12trillionkHw.png

that's 12.5 Trillion kWh... how much MORE electricity will be needed to be GENERATED if 90% of all cars/trucks are EVS EACH YEAR!
Today the USA generated 4,165,030,000,000 kWh of electricity in 2021 by all 11,070 USA electric generating plants.

So for you truly uninformed people... Where will the additional 12.5 TRILLION kWh come from?
Today these 11,070 power plants average 376,244,806 kWh each.
To generate the additional 12.5 TRILLION kWh will require:33,120 MORE power plants to generate the electricity that the re-chargers will require.

Biden, EV enthusiasts et.al. are truly the perfect example of this:
cartb4thehorse.png

Mandated by BIG GOVT? Hardly. It is more of a State initiative. Each state adopts mandates as they see fit.

State rights - who needs 'em, amIright?

Then why is John Ketchup kerry running aound with EPA mandates saying all will be EV by 2025 or 2035? Get lost you dumb OX.

You silly goose.

95% of ALL CHARGING will be done in the middle of the night, at home. Using a remote charger for most people will be a one-off event, happening a few times per year.

Charging speeds, especially at public superchargers is quickly increasing in efficiency. Expect 15 minutes to go from 10% to 80% - easily tolerable for everyone. Every new car that is introduced is slightly faster charging than those that preceded it.

The real obstacle is rare minerals required to make batteries. As always, tree-huggers getting in the way of doing the logical thing.
What happens to the power grids at night with millions of EVs sucking power all at once? How do you figure that remote charging will only happen a few times a year?

It's not designed to save anything. It's designed to destroy this country, destroy freedom of movement and take control of citizenry.

Exactly. your Social Score will determine how much charge you get per week. You can go to work and back three times only. Once to store. They will cut off your charge in real time. Like in CHINA, or AUSTRALIA if you were un-vaxed. No booze (or one fitfth), no chips, no smokes...your card only worked for fruits and vegetables. stuff like that.

Then why is John Ketchup kerry running aound with EPA mandates saying all will be EV by 2025 or 2035? Get lost you dumb OX.
Aww... Big bad John Kerry is bothering you again? Awww. Man the fuck up, retard. Quit whining. :itsok:

Where did you get 340 miles traveling from the below FASTEST recharger from the below chart?
There is NO 340 miles worth of traveling...meaning the most you can confidently travel is 238 miles after recharging for 2 hours!

The shortest time was 40 minutes for a Point of Distance Confidence range of 24 miles with the FASTEST time from empty to Full Charged!
Obviously you are like Biden totally ignorant of EVs.
Plus remember 500,000 chargers for 10,500,000 EVs... really?
The problem with Biden and people like you is you have NO CONCEPT of what you are proposing!

View attachment 774142
/——/ That’s assuming all chargers are working, none are vandalized, and there is one available to use.

Biden's plans...
These steps will help the United States meet President Biden’s ambitious goals to confront the climate crisis, by building a national network of 500,000 electric vehicle chargers along America’s highways and in our communities and have EVs make up at least 50% of new car sales by 2030, all while advancing an industrial strategy to continue to build-out the domestic EV and EV charging industry.

Two glaring obstacles that Biden hasn't thought of...
1) 500,000 chargers with the FASTEST charging installed will require if the FASTEST re-charger charges an EV in 40 minutes to travel 24 miles POD Point Confidence!
The most miles with confidence is 238 miles and takes 2 hours! How Long Does It Take to Charge an Electric Car? | Pod Point
It takes me less than 10 minutes to fill my car that will allow me to travel over 340 miles on one 10 minute fill up!
Think about that... 2 hours to charge an EV to travel at least 238 miles.... wow!
So Joe's 2nd glaring obstacle is this..
2) Joe wants 50% of new car sales being EVs... ok..
Average number of new cars sold per year:...The U.S. auto industry sold nearly 2.86 million cars in 2022. U.S.: annual car sales 2022 | Statista
So between 2023 and 2030 is 7 years... 1,500,000 EVs sold for 7 years equals 10,500,000 cars.
10,500,000 traveling the average of 14,253 miles/car source: https://www.thezebra.com/resources/driving/average-miles-driven-per-year/
The average EV car uses 0.25 kWh to travel 1 mile... or 10,500,000 cars traveling 149,761,500,000 miles divided by 0.25 kWh equals 599,046,000,000 kWh ADDED to
the current average of 4,165,030,000,000 kWh electricity generated in USA in 2021 by all power plants or nearly 15% more electricity!
So Biden's totally ignorant plans to make 10.5 million EVs with each EV needed at least 2 hours to charge a vehicle traveling 238 miles will cost EACH American household
another 15% MORE electricity demand per year! Folks where will that come from because we can't build enough generating plants in 7 years.
Right now 11,070 plants generate an average of 376,244,806 kWh and with Biden's plan adding nearly 600 Billion kWh... that means 1,592 power plants needed all built
within the next 7 years!
Biden's 7 year plan will Cost Americans in electricity blackouts and wasted time re-charging their cars.
Now some of you ignorant people will say... oh yea well these EV owners can re-charge at home over night! I've heard that before! Where does the electricity to come from?
Not Wind turbines as it takes 80 acres for one WT. Solar panels... that'll work... if you have a home but how many EV owners have homes?
View attachment 774129
Supply and demand of electricity is affected with massive cost increases. A lot of people in their homes and apartments are going to be gouged with those increases. And it will be Trump's fault. If Republicans win in 2024 this has to be cancelled.

So you drive 340 miles and stop for lunch.

Problem solved
So you find everybody is eating lunch and all the charging stations are in use. So your wait for half an hour for a station to open up and then you eat lunch.

So you find everybody is eating lunch and all the charging stations are in use. So your wait for half an hour for a station to open up and then you eat lunch.
Ya gotta PHONE asshole?

There’s an AP for that.

Oh wait. You’re a Luddite laboring away on a hand crank Commodore

Aww... Big bad John Kerry is bothering you again? Awww. Man the fuck up, retard. Quit whining. :itsok:
Feeling even more stupid than normal today do ya?

The Biden administration is weighing an aggressive proposal to implement the tightest-ever federal regulations governing tailpipe emissions in an effort to boost electric vehicles.

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is expected to announce the new standards, which will impact cars manufactured between 2027-2032, next week during a ceremony in Detroit, Bloomberg reported on Thursday, citing officials briefed on the proposal. In a statement, the EPA confirmed the standards are designed to incentivize consumers to purchase electric vehicles (EV).
Overall, the average cost of an EV was $64,338 while the average cost of a compact gas-powered car was $26,101 as of last year, according to Kelley Blue Book. In addition, the Department of Energy reported that the average range of model year 2021 gasoline vehicles was 403 miles compared to the median 234-mile range of model year 2021 EVs.
Americans will be forced to pay more for an inferior product they clearly do not want.

In addition to their efforts to ban gas-powered vehicles, the Regime previously admitted they want to ban “some” gas stoves and incandescent light bulbs.

Meanwhile, the Regime and their elitist allies enjoy the fruits of products made by gasoline. Rules are only for the little people, you see.

Better get some people up in DC to roll back all this nonsense PRONTO!

Last edited:
In my 60 years driving, I've never had to wait for a gas pump to open up. Never.

Forum List

Back