So, anybody else here go camping?

Originally posted by Sir Evil

I have to get out your way some day, the camping looks good there!
If you ever came out this way I would take you to Stanley Basin (pic in my avatar) that is my favorite spot ever. Right in the middle of the state and the Sawtooth Mountains as a back drop Wow!

Originally posted by MtnBiker
Two weeks sounds right to me New Guy. And great point about the fires, I've seen alot of fires because of some dumbass. I very much remember the summer of 88 when Yellowstone burned.

I know the luxuries of fire in the middle of nowhere, but with all of the modern conveniences, I could never understand the need. If you go for a weekend, it is easy enough to pack things you don't need flame for.

Heck, you would think people never heard of solar ovens.

Yeah, there are numerous spot to go in the Stanely area, and going to old ghost towns is really cool. Lots of old mining ghost towns in that area.

Oh yeah, that is the birth place of the Salmon River. Lots of trout fishing, fly fishing is great. With my pop-up camper I'll take out my float tube and wet fly fish in a lake. Henry's Lake is a great place to go.

what the hell is a solar oven? you kidding NG? that's like bringing the kitchen to the campsite!:D

:D :D :D

Ok....disclaimer required:

If I go, I get as modern as a sleeping bag and can opener. -No heat required.

For the people who can't eat raw meat, solar ovens are a great alternative.

(I guess I ought to watch it, someone might take that seriously and claim I am a religious wacko who eats raw meat and wants to live in the sticks.)

:p:

This is one religious wacko who likes COOKED meat. :D

Used to do alot of fly fishin in the day! not so much anymore but still tie some flies now and again! I usually get the spinning gear out these days!

I havent been fishing in ages....AGES! ANd I do miss it - My favorite is deep sea fishing - now THAT is sport!

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
I havent been fishing in ages....AGES! ANd I do miss it - My favorite is deep sea fishing - now THAT is sport!

I never have done that, sounds like a great time. I'll bet it is quite a sport, imagine pulling in a huge tuna or something, great fun. I did go sturgeon fishing a few years ago. Those babies get big.

I like it when I cant see land at all!

I love scuba diving too - now THAT rocks

One guilty pleasure we do while camping is taking a portable dvd player and watching a movie in the camper. I have to say, a weekend of camping, great food, some good drink, my dog at my feet and my wife and I snuggled up watching a movie in the campering is just fantastic.

Originally posted by KLSuddeth

I love scuba diving too - now THAT rocks
I would like to try that, I've never cared for water sports that much (swiming, water skiing), but my wife and I went snorkeling on our honeymoon, wicked fun. I thought I would hate it, she had to drag me out of the water. Scuba diving would be a blast. Not while camping in Idaho though, water here is too damn cold.

really? for whatever reason, I figured you to be about 6'2 or so

mtn - it IS wicked fun!

I took dk for the first time ever (for him, not me) a few years ago and he fell in love with it!

Now we go as often as we can (not often enough!)

I have a couple of spots that I prefer and one in particular.

Its the best!

Forum List

Back