So, anybody else here go camping?

What about camping food for you guys? Sometimes we will make a lasagna before and freeze it, then warm it up in the dutch oven, have a nice salad some bread, lasagna and a nice bottle of wine. Usually we grill steaks or chicken and have roasted potatoes or something and a bottle of wine. Did I menention drinking and camping kind of go hand in hand.

nawwww - he is about 5'1o and a half - maybe 5'11 - and skinny!
(lucky dog) :p:

steaks over a grill are the best - the only thing better is a good old fashioned breakfast cooked over the grill! MMMMMM!!!!!

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
you mentioned it so now u have to tell it!

He-he. It goes like this (cover your eyes kids):

You ask someone if they went woke up in the morning sticky, sore, and surrounded by used rubbers or some other sordid detail would they tell anyone?

If they say, "No," you ask them if they want to go camping.

I don't know if that's even funny :confused:

It just sticks out as one of the more depraved jokes I've ever heard.
Usually don't tell it in mixed company.:rolleyes:

eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! ha ha!

Sordid jokes are my favorite kind (as I say this, DK shudders and says, 'why me lord?') lol

:D

Originally posted by Sir Evil
Mostly the grilling thing for us! the easy things like burgers, checking hot dogs! of course ya gotta have a perculator pot for over the fire for some great coffee! consuming the alcoholic beverages is definitely a must when camping!

I have to skip the fun beverages when I go camping damnit. what a pisser, eh? Doesnt agree well with my lupus lol.

but the coffee - hot damn! coffee over the fire is the best!

Him look like a hippy ass rocker!:D

yep! although when he puts on his computer glasses, that destroys the image lol

i dont allow DK to cut his hair lol

Im a bossy, mean little bitch...I know. and dk is nice enough to at least let me believe that I have the upper hand lol

:D

dang all this talking about camping and scuba has gotten me wanting to go badly - now! :p:

My usual, when we have a heat source, is to put hamburger, bell peppers, and potatos, (whatever else you like also) in foil all nice and tight and throw it on the coals.

Drinks are usually water, or tea, or something else simple as well.

If we are roughing it, all food is usually dry or simple and packed into ziplocks, or cans.

Lemme ask you this Flasher, do you remember blowing bubbles as a kid?

He-he, I think I know this one. Something about a clown?:cof:

Favorite camping beverages: Jack Daniels, cheap ass beer, Hot Chocolate, Water.

Food: Pancakes, Mac and cheese, fresh fish(when possible), I did a semester with NOLS(nols.edu) and they have a cookbook with some wicked dishes. We would pack provisions for up to 21 days at a time without resupply so you had to be creative and consider weight and freshness when menu planning.

Mostly after a days hiking I just wanted CALORIES. Cheese, fruit, nuts, pasta, whatever shit you could mixup in a pan and keep you warm and satisfied in sometimes-questionable comfort level due to weather conditions.

But sitting around a fire with good food and company rules.
It rules a lot more than sitting in traffic.

amen to that! traffic bites.

Traffic is to life what commercials would be to the best movie you have ever seen.:D

On a good day.

Probably beatsa camel though, unless you get two humps:p:

Get it?

ok, Im not blonde, but I dont get it..... (the blowing bubbles thing that is)

ok, Im not blonde, but I dont get it..... (the blowing bubbles thing that is)

Read the joke as if Bubbles is a clown not a fluid you use to make bubbles with.

ok, now I officially feel like a moron for not getting that earlier.
LOL

jeesh! :p:

My idea of camping is either borrowing an RV or finding a cabin in the woods! I'm all about day hikes, but at night I like to be at least somewhat comfortable.

Forum List

Back