So, anybody else here go camping?

MtnBiker

Sep 28, 2003
Rocky Mountains
My wife and I really enjoy camping. We have a nice little pop-up camper that tows really well and when opened up has alot of room. It is equiped with a 3way refrigarator and a forced air furnace, stays nice and toasty warm on cold nights. We usually ducth oven cook or grill some thing on the bbq. The dog roams around all day and has a great time.

It will be camping season very soon here and I'm really looking forward to going.

Camping has been in my blood since I was young. Back and forth to Florida and PA in the trailer with the family. A little bigger than the pop up, but then again, there were 6 of us at the time. If my Dad heads to PA from Florida, I try to get there for a few days for camping. I have to say, it's the greatest thing, and nothing beats the smell of a good campfire. Mountains are the best place!

Hey, question for you Janeen. When you guys went camping, what kind of camping site did you usually use? Was it an established camp ground or just some where off a dirt road up in the mountains?

I love camping. Don't do much of it except for in the summer though.

I like camping near running water...
I like fishing and swimming.
I like hiking.
I like being naked outside.

Yeah! naked outside, that's a good thing. Except when your bathing in a mountain creek and your wife keeps throwing buckets of icy cold water on you. Holy doodle, talk about shrink factor.

I tell you though, a nice steak dinner and some cold beers by the fire under a star filled sky, that's awesome.

Originally posted by MtnBiker
Yeah! naked outside, that's a good thing. Except when your bathing in a mountain creek and your wife keeps throwing buckets of icy cold water on you. Holy doodle, talk about shrink factor.

I tell you though, a nice steak dinner and some cold beers by the fire under a star filled sky, that's awesome.

Absolutely.

Hey, did you just say holy doodle? Reminds me of something Ned Flanders(The Simpson's neighbor) might say....:D

camping is the absolute best! We've not been in a while, and I miss it tremendously. I love sleeping under the stars, eating damn near anytrhing cooked on a campfire, swimming in streams, fishing and yes, being naked outside is a BIG plus!

:p:

Originally posted by MtnBiker
Hey, question for you Janeen. When you guys went camping, what kind of camping site did you usually use? Was it an established camp ground or just some where off a dirt road up in the mountains?

Years and years ago, it was a tent, I think that was ONCE! then we went to a pull trailer that my Dad got a regular site in a campground with full hook ups for sewer, water and electric. I think those are the easiest rather than pulling up on a dirt road, though that can be fun too, it's a little nicer when you have running water/electric and sewer as well. The campgrounds we have gone to all have picinic tables and the pits for fires - some with a pool, or a fishing area as well, or both. One particular one in PA we used to go to, well shoot, that had everything, from pool, swimming lake, fishing lake, game room, and even a place to eat. But nothing like cooking out on the grill and roasting the marshmallows and weenies on the fire.

why pay for a nudist colony when I can streak through the woods or on the beach at isla? I figure that nothing in nature is wearing levis so why should i....lol

We pratically stole our pop-up, we bought it used for 3,500. The guy that had it before only used it 3 times, it was like brand new. He thought it was too small for his family, but it is perfect for my wife and I. I do need to make a bike rack for it though.

One of the great things about camping where we goes is there is no one else around. That is why I asked Janeen what type of site you all used. I wasn't even sure if it was possible to just camp off a dirt road up in the mountains. But there is so much open land out here it really is no problem. I like being away from everybody, but camping in established camp grounds can be nice also

I like to hike in/hike out. Take a pack, a sleeping bag, and thats it.

I bought some property in the sticks recently and a motorhome to live in while I build out there. I will finally get to LIVE the fun.

I'll post some pics from our camping trips this summer, don't worry no nudies. :p: But I would like to share some of the sights we enjoy while camping.

Originally posted by NewGuy
I like to hike in/hike out. Take a pack, a sleeping bag, and thats it.

That's great, really a truly natural experience. I like my comforts though, heck my wife even brings her butane curling iron(you never know).

Whoa, that would freak me out Evil. Actually my wife and I pack our guns when camping. Duel purpose we like to go target shooting and in many spots where we camp bears are in the area. In fact a guy was mauled by a grizzly last year.

Oh btw we usually camp near Yellowstone Park.

Something like that happened when I took my two kids camping YEARS ago somewhere in Oklahoma - cant remember where now...been a long time. The bikers where shocked to see a woman and 2 kids alone camping (although I cant understand why) and they were quite protective of us all weekend.

hell, I guess I tend to make friends wherever I go LOL

I don't know how many know this but there is information with the National Forest guys that if you see an area of National Forest you want to camp in, you can legally camp there for free and for up to something like 2 weeks (I last checked about a year ago, so I am not sure of the time frame).

The key is that if there is no sign designating a specific camping area, you can legally just go out and camp. Fires, of course, are another issue.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
that's a good idea MB! Think I will try to do the same!
That would be great, I remember driving around when I lived in New York going to school thinking there was some beautiful country out there, very green.

Two weeks sounds right to me New Guy. And great point about the fires, I've seen alot of fires because of some dumbass. I very much remember the summer of 88 when Yellowstone burned.

Forum List

Back