So..any metal detector people here?

yes ! i have a 40 y.o. Whites, it was a top of the line model back then and it still works just fine today, i can not post photos, but most of what i found is coins, i once discovered a huge treasure, but never really "found" it, in an area where there was allegedly a buried GOLD Spanish treasure, my detector went crazy, i had no tools other than a probe, i used a pretty stout stick and started digging, i got about a foot deep and was so wore out after about three hours i quit, vowed to return with proper tools.., i never did due to many domestic circumstances and a huge sign "GOVERNMENT PROPERTY, KEEP OUT UNDER PENALY OF LAW, and blah, blah, blah", today that area (Calif.) is covered with houses and a shopping center.

Every time I think of metal detectors I picture an old dude on a beach wearing nothing but a pair of ill fitting speedos scoping the surrounding areas of the hotties trying to get some sun...:neutral:

I've always been interested, but have never taken the time or money to invest myself.

I know one thing, the show Diggers on Nat Geo has done no favors to the hobby. Those guys are ultra dweebs.

Every time I think of metal detectors I picture an old dude on a beach wearing nothing but a pair of ill fitting speedos scoping the surrounding areas of the hotties trying to get some sun...:neutral:

60123834.jpg

Google "treasures found with metal detector" in images. Fascinating finds!! And..some not so fascinating. If I were younger and could walk better, I'd love to give it a try. Lots of beach around here...which is very busy in the summer from tourists. Alas, no can do. But I can look at pics!

I hear Whites is the best of the best for metal detectors. And I fully believe in dowsing rods, too.

Google "treasures found with metal detector" in images. Fascinating finds!! And..some not so fascinating. If I were younger and could walk better, I'd love to give it a try. Lots of beach around here...which is very busy in the summer from tourists. Alas, no can do. But I can look at pics!

I hear Whites is the best of the best for metal detectors. And I fully believe in dowsing rods, too.

Whites is just fine, but there are others too that are just as good. Most top of the line models among different manufacturers are very close in performance in my experience. The fisher F75 has been my detector of choice for 6 years now.

Shocking...

I know a guy who will give one million dollars to anyone who can prove dowsing rods work.

Seriously.

I know a guy who will give one million dollars to anyone who can prove dowsing rods work.

Seriously.

I've started on this book...

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Water-Witching-U-S-A-Evon-Vogt/dp/0226862984/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378772597&sr=8-1&keywords=water+witching+usa]Water Witching U.S.A.: Evon Z. Vogt, Ray Hyman: 9780226862989: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

It gives a fascinating history behind the "craft", which is hundreds and possibly thousands of years old.

My grandfather made a decent living with the pendulum and when my uncle inherited it, he and my dad did the same.

United States Military Dowsers in Viet Nam

A member of the American Society of Dowsers, ASD, proved the efficacy of dowsing to Marines at a USMC training center in Virginia by successfully finding all of the concealed underground installations, amazing camp officials. He dowsed a map of the training center the night before the actual demonstration. At USMC Camp Pendleton in Southern California, enlistees were screened for their dowsing ability. One out of five was found to have the ability.

Louis Matacia, an operations analyst at the Marine Corps Schools at Quantico, Virginia, is given credit for instituting and teaching the use of dowsing. He taught one hundred and eight Marines, en route to Vietnam, military dowsing basics. They used it successfully during the Vietnamese war. Its efficacy was proven beyond any doubt to the Marine Command, but it wasn’t sanctioned for use. Despite this, the Corps used it.

Dowsers were used to locate booby traps, message drops, buried telephone lines and supplies, mines, enemy tunnel systems, Viet Cong underground emplacements and weapons caches. They were able to locate subterranean tunnels at Khesan when electronic detectors were useless. A professional military dowser can locate the enemy, day or night, under and above ground, underwater and the precise location, despite the distance between the dowser and the target. Dowsing was said to have saved many lives.

https://suite101.com/a/dowsing-used-by-the-military-a140079

Forum List

Back