So Abraham Lincoln was a white supremacist?

Dishonest Abe was a white supremacist and made no bones about it. He was a rabid racist even for his time.

He was murdered not for freeing the slaves, but for mass murdering 850,000 Americans and destroying half the nation, thus committing treason and terminating our republic. Too bad he wasn’t hung in 1861.
It was the right wing in the South who levied war on the Union.

Dishonest Abe was a white supremacist and made no bones about it. He was a rabid racist even for his time.

Confederate apologists like “Libertarian Anarchist” gipper denounce Lincoln with even greater ahistorical vehemence than black nationalist or liberal lunatics on the fake “left.” They are all incapable of seeing history and people as they are — filled with contradictions but sometimes forced to rise to greatness by great pressing questions of the times.

To say Lincoln was “a rabid racist even for his time” is utterly absurd and universally rejected by serious historians.

Nor do childish ahistorical thinkers bearing old sectional grudges or emotional blinders — be they Liberal, Conservative, “Libertarian Anarchist” or “Progressive” — ever consider how great men like Lincoln or Jefferson or Frederick Douglass changed over time. When they actually deign to provide a quotation they never discuss context, or discuss when and why something was said, or to whom it was addressed.

In this latter respect such commenters mimic crude contemporary political partisans and publicists. Many of them are modern “Know Nothings,” like those who existed in Lincoln’s own times, doomed to be made obsolete by events.

Here is a quote from Lincoln on the then surging “Know Nothing” American Party, written in a private letter to his most intimate friend, Joshua Speed, expressing his views in 1855. For political reasons Lincoln never publicly attacked the Know Nothings, whose votes he needed. As Lincoln hoped, the Protestant anti-immigration “Native American Party” soon broke up, with most of its members joining the Republicans:

I am not a Know-Nothing—that is certain. How could I be? How can any one who abhors the oppression of negroes, be in favor of degrading classes of white people? Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes." When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equals, except negroes and foreigners and Catholics." When it comes to that I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretense of loving liberty—to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocrisy.

He was murdered not for freeing the slaves, but for mass murdering 850,000 Americans and destroying half the nation, thus committing treason and terminating our republic. Too bad he wasn’t hung in 1861.
Learn history. Fool.

Confederate apologists like “Libertarian Anarchist” gipper denounce Lincoln with even greater ahistorical vehemence than black nationalist or liberal lunatics on the fake “left.” They are all incapable of seeing history and people as they are — filled with contradictions but sometimes forced to rise to greatness by great pressing questions of the times.

To say Lincoln was “a rabid racist even for his time” is utterly absurd and universally rejected by serious historians.

Nor do childish ahistorical thinkers bearing old sectional grudges or emotional blinders — be they Liberal, Conservative, “Libertarian Anarchist” or “Progressive” — ever consider how great men like Lincoln or Jefferson or Frederick Douglass changed over time. When they actually deign to provide a quotation they never discuss context, or discuss when and why something was said, or to whom it was addressed.

In this latter respect such commenters mimic crude contemporary political partisans and publicists. Many of them are modern “Know Nothings,” like those who existed in Lincoln’s own times, doomed to be made obsolete by events.

Here is a quote from Lincoln on the then surging “Know Nothing” American Party, written in a private letter to his most intimate friend, Joshua Speed, expressing his views in 1855. For political reasons Lincoln never publicly attacked the Know Nothings, whose votes he needed. As Lincoln hoped, the Protestant anti-immigration “Native American Party” soon broke up, with most of its members joining the Republicans:

I am not a Know-Nothing—that is certain. How could I be? How can any one who abhors the oppression of negroes, be in favor of degrading classes of white people? Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes." When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equals, except negroes and foreigners and Catholics." When it comes to that I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretense of loving liberty—to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocrisy.
Cool. Anyone who uses the term confederate
apologist isn’t very bright.

Lincoln thought that Blacks were inferior to Whites.
All whites thought this in Abe’s time.
Funny how some things never change.

What do you mean by that?
Appears to be obvious.

Then state the obvious.
Most Whites feel superior.

To whom?

" Facts Are Facts "

* What Of It *

Lincoln thought that Blacks were inferior to Whites.
One need not like another man to implement a principle that other men should be free as themselves , and thus simpleton critics bemoan lincoln .

Contemptous blacks ignore that they are able to complain about the burden of responsibility incurred from being free , while those contemptuous blacks simply apply the rule but cannot claim and take for granted that it was whites and not blacks who sacrifice themselves to end slavery .

* Left Wing Protectionism *

Intelligence is like computer hardware where the basic software is similar but the time to process information is more efficient and quicker for the more intelligent .

Numerous studies demonstrate that the median iq of blacks is lower than whites , which does not mean there are not intelligent blacks , but there are very real implications which the left vehemently protects and disingenuously guards as sacrosanct and taboo as contributors to social conditions of many blacks , even while other studies demonstrate correlations between low intelligence and poverty .

Learn history. Fool.
I did, right winger. The only fools are easily led Russian tools, right wingers.

Learn history. Fool.
I did, right winger. The only fools are easily led Russian tools, right wingers.
Now I’m a right winger. LMFAO. Doofus.

You

Learn history. Fool.
Now I’m a right winger. LMFAO. Doofus.
Could be mistaken for one.

No one is more stupid than a modern leftist.
I consider myself a “modern leftist.” A “social democratic internationalist” to be more precise.

Terms like these can be misleading, of course, and you may not understand them as I do.

I admit I’m ignorant of many things. But I haven’t seen anybody yet on USMB come close to proving I’m stupid, especially concerning Lincoln and related issues of racism and historical interpretation — least of all you.

I would never say, by the way, that all conservatives or rightwingers ... are stupid.

Forum List

Back