Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

1613487733148.png
Wow, never seen this before.

View attachment 457905
But! But! Global warming!!!
Exactly, higher temps means more water vapor in the air, resulting in more snow. If average temps go from 25 to 28F, for example, there will still be snow, just more of it, because of the carrying capacity of the atmosphere at the higher temp.

1613491574116.png

No! More water vapor in the atmosphere means more sunlight reflected back into empty space meaning less sunlight reaches the surface of the earth thereby causing global cooling..... or as some of us refer to it an ice age.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

View attachment 457905But! But! Global warming!!!
Exactly, higher temps means more water vapor in the air, resulting in more snow. If average temps go from 25 to 28F, for example, there will still be snow, just more of it, because of the carrying capacity of the atmosphere at the higher temp.
No! More water vapor in the atmosphere means more sunlight reflected back into empty space meaning less sunlight reaches the surface of the earth thereby causing global cooling..... or as some of us refer to it an ice age.
Water is an even more potent GHG than CO2, Sunlight wouldn't get reflected, it would get absorbed, contributing to warming.

Water is an even more potent GHG than CO2, Sunlight wouldn't get reflected, it would get absorbed, contributing to warming.
1613504711508.png

So you're saying that covering the earth in a big white shield won't reflect the sunlight?

I must have missed something about the absorption of colors...

So in your world covering the world in black clouds will increase the reflection of sunlight?

We're going to be in real trouble with global warming if it continues snowing and turns the world into a huge white absorption ball.

*****SARCASTIC CHUCKLE*****

So you're saying that covering the earth in a big white shield won't reflect the sunlight? I must have missed something about the absorption of colors.. So in your world covering the world in black clouds will increase the reflection of sunlight? We're going to be in real trouble with global warming if it continues snowing and turns the world into a huge white absorption ball.
I was talking about CO2 and you're talking about snow. While snow may increase in places, the average rise in temps due to CO2 should prevent a "snowball earth".

So you're saying that covering the earth in a big white shield won't reflect the sunlight? I must have missed something about the absorption of colors.. So in your world covering the world in black clouds will increase the reflection of sunlight? We're going to be in real trouble with global warming if it continues snowing and turns the world into a huge white absorption ball.
I was talking about CO2 and you're talking about snow. While snow may increase in places, the average rise in temps due to CO2 should prevent a "snowball earth".
1613505719584.png

Maybe if we were on Venus the amount of CO2 in the soup they call an atmosphere would make a real difference. However here on earth it's the oceans that drive the climate because they act like any boiler that's filled with hot water instead of hot air. A tank full of water will retain the heat one hell of a lot longer than air will.

So in your version of reality Mars, with all that CO2 in its atmosphere, must have at least two hundred degree temperatures year round instead of the negative temperatures they say it has.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Last edited:

Forum List

Back