Snap out of it Obamaphiles -- Your cult figure is just a liar.

Yeah, Harvard's non-partisan. Right? Consumer Reports, pretty good source.

And still, no 700,000 a year figure anywhere in those links. I'm not disputing the problem exists, I want to see the source of the 700K figure. Because pretty soon you're gonna run out of people to file who haven't filed!

Yes, people do go bankrupt due to medical expenses. Is the answer then, to just control everything? And STILL with no guarantee the costs won't still spiral? NO guarantee there won't be rationing? People actually coming into your house to weigh you and check your fridge?

If they want to reform health care insurance, they should just call it that, make it that, and stick to that.

Agreed?

I see no reason as to why this Harvard study would be biased considering it was conducted back in 2005. Long before Barack Obama.

Also, the 700,000 number can easily be figured out. Take the number of bankruptcies each year and subtract out everything but medical bankruptcies. I'd go and figure out but I have to get ready for class.

Also, if you haven't realized, we already have Health Care Rationing.

Yeah, Harvard's non-partisan. Right? Consumer Reports, pretty good source.

And still, no 700,000 a year figure anywhere in those links. I'm not disputing the problem exists, I want to see the source of the 700K figure. Because pretty soon you're gonna run out of people to file who haven't filed!

Yes, people do go bankrupt due to medical expenses. Is the answer then, to just control everything? And STILL with no guarantee the costs won't still spiral? NO guarantee there won't be rationing? People actually coming into your house to weigh you and check your fridge?

If they want to reform health care insurance, they should just call it that, make it that, and stick to that.

Agreed?

I see no reason as to why this Harvard study would be biased considering it was conducted back in 2005. Long before Barack Obama.
Bias only started with Obama? Oh wait, he went to Harvard so we know it's not a biased institution. My bad.
Also, the 700,000 number can easily be figured out.
I don't want it "figured out." I want to see a credible source for the number. NOT based on estimates, projections, none of that. 700K actual bankrupcies caused by medical expenses EVERY YEAR, as was asserted.
Also, if you haven't realized, we already have Health Care Rationing.
Nothing like what you see in our truly government run health care system, for Indian Reservations. Ever hear of "don't get sick after June?"

And I note you passed on the other issues they're trying to do, in the guise of fighting "evol insurance."

Agreed?

I agree that going after insurance is just putting your finger in a hole in the dike. Our biggest challenge is the spiralling costs of healthcare. Having either government or private insurance pay those bills does not solve the problem.
Is the reason for spiraling costs just lawsuits? Lawsuits do contribute to the problem, and I support limited tort reform but it is not the sole reason for rampant cost increases.
My wife spent three weeks in the hospital this year and I was amazed at the high tech procedures and drugs they have to attack a problem. There are many more toys for a doctor to use these days and those toys cost money. High tech healthcare may just be more expensive.
I think better preventative care can also hold down costs. Early screenings, seeing a doctor when you have a cough, not when you are rushed to an Emergency Room. Americans hate it, but we are fat and lazy. Having healthcare incentives for those who take care of themselves makes sense.
Drugs cost a fortune and are used to mask the symptoms rather than treat the disease. We need more competition, more generics, shorter patent protections

I agree that going after insurance is just putting your finger in a hole in the dike. Our biggest challenge is the spiralling costs of healthcare. Having either government or private insurance pay those bills does not solve the problem.
Is the reason for spiraling costs just lawsuits? Lawsuits do contribute to the problem, and I support limited tort reform but it is not the sole reason for rampant cost increases.
My wife spent three weeks in the hospital this year and I was amazed at the high tech procedures and drugs they have to attack a problem. There are many more toys for a doctor to use these days and those toys cost money. High tech healthcare may just be more expensive.
Agreed on the bolded above. It's one reason why foreigners come HERE when they really really need the best treatment.

However, I hear that argument that tort abuse is only 2% of the problem. Well, that's 2% of one-sixth of our economy! That represents hundreds of billions of dollars we NEED to pay for reform!

And to hear Obama talk, insurance costs are the WHOLE problem, not just a finger in the dyke. You might remember, as soon as this thing started going south they realized they needed a devil, something to demonize, and behold: Evol Insurance!
I think better preventative care can also hold down costs. Early screenings, seeing a doctor when you have a cough, not when you are rushed to an Emergency Room. Americans hate it, but we are fat and lazy. Having healthcare incentives for those who take care of themselves makes sense.
Running people's lives makes sense? Fining them or jailing them for not paying the extra tax in lieu of insurance makes sense? Punitive taxation for soda pop makes sense? At what point does government become too intrusive for you? When they are in your house weighing you and checking your fridge? So now we demonize Evol Insurance, Fat people, meat eaters, smokers, drinkers, couch potatoes and still ignore thousands of millionaire trial lawyers?
Drugs cost a fortune and are used to mask the symptoms rather than treat the disease. We need more competition, more generics, shorter patent protections
Obama made a deal with big pharm. Nothing will change there. That's a done deal. Until they need another devil to demonize and demagogue for another law to control more lives.

I am heartened and glad to see, for a change, there's some somewhat meaningful dialogue on this topic. It's refreshing.

I'm not in that "group of people." Does your ignorance and idiocy never cease?

Anything to say about the topic now?

Besides the fact that you are a liar? Nope.
No lies here. But then, you wouldn't really know any difference between a lie and the truth anyway.

You don't wish to address the topic? Obama outright LYING to people's faces? Then telling Michelle "They're drinkin' the juice!"

Present me with some facts and I would be happy to discuss. And no, just because you said so, or you heard this or not, are not facts.

Besides the fact that you are a liar? Nope.
No lies here. But then, you wouldn't really know any difference between a lie and the truth anyway.

You don't wish to address the topic? Obama outright LYING to people's faces? Then telling Michelle "They're drinkin' the juice!"

Present me with some facts and I would be happy to discuss. And no, just because you said so, or you heard this or not, are not facts.
Facts that he's lied to people at his town halls with some of his anecdotal horror stories? Read the AP story linked in the OP. More than one documented example chronicled there.

The "Drinkin' the juice" quote? In the latest book about the Obama campaign. Michelle herself confirmed it is true. The deal was, Barack didn't want to use the "Yes We Can" mantra, but Michelle convinced him it would resonate. When crowds cheered it, Obama said "They're drinkin' the juice" and they did, and still do.

How many more lies and broken promises is it going to take before these ignorant and completely gullible Obamabot loons finally get it?
Obama is nothing more than your typical lying ass corrupt Chicago politician, who filled their heads with everything those clowns wanted to hear. He's broken every damn promise he's made. His lies are being exposed on daily basis. And still, these fools think he farts rose scented fairy dust, and shits ribbons of rainbows. If it weren't so freakin' sad, it would be laughable!

Facts that he's lied to people at his town halls with some of his anecdotal horror stories? Read the AP story linked in the OP. More than one documented example chronicled there.
Are you referring to the technicalities and legaleze that the insurance companies use? If you want to get your panties in a wad about that, then sure, Obama lied.

The "Drinkin' the juice" quote? In the latest book about the Obama campaign. Michelle herself confirmed it is true. The deal was, Barack didn't want to use the "Yes We Can" mantra, but Michelle convinced him it would resonate. When crowds cheered it, Obama said "They're drinkin' the juice" and they did, and still do.

This gets my "SO?" award for the day. You have stated you are not "one of them". So, what the hell do you stand for?

Are you referring to the technicalities and legaleze that the insurance companies use? If you want to get your panties in a wad about that, then sure, Obama lied.

This gets my "SO?" award for the day. You have stated you are not "one of them". So, what the hell do you stand for?
He lies, right to people's faces, and your response is "So?" And it wasn't about "technicalities and legaleze" these were simply lies, or, he was given bad information.

If that is the case, he should be quite embarrassed and should fire the idiot(s) that keeps doing this to him.

What lie do you speak of?
You're clueless now?

When someone is held as a cult figure, no true follower can ever be disappointed. It's not the other way around. Koresh and Jones and Manson's true followers, which are still alive, still aren't disappointed!

I'm not disappointed in Barack and also not all that surprised at what we're seeing. I WAS however, a little bit fooled into thinking he might actually govern more from the center like he campaigned. But like Clinton, he eventually will -- he'll have to, to stay in office.

I don't hate him, he's actually very personable and affable and likable, and I admire what he's accomplished. But there's no feelings there, either way.

But I am holding him to his words. Which is what we all should do with every President no matter his/her stripe.
I think you've gone off the deep end and into insanity. :cuckoo:

Prove it.

Prove it.
I'd like to see it too.

Which book? Who wrote it?

Let's see details, MM.

You're clueless now?

When someone is held as a cult figure, no true follower can ever be disappointed. It's not the other way around. Koresh and Jones and Manson's true followers, which are still alive, still aren't disappointed!

I'm not disappointed in Barack and also not all that surprised at what we're seeing. I WAS however, a little bit fooled into thinking he might actually govern more from the center like he campaigned. But like Clinton, he eventually will -- he'll have to, to stay in office.

I don't hate him, he's actually very personable and affable and likable, and I admire what he's accomplished. But there's no feelings there, either way.

But I am holding him to his words. Which is what we all should do with every President no matter his/her stripe.
It's not insane to hold a president to his words. It's not insane to neither adore nor loathe the president. It's not insane to be unsurprised at what BHO has accomplished. And it's not insane to realize that a candidate fooled several voters.

But to you, it is insane. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
According to the AP, many of President Obama's anecdotal health care horror stories are quite inaccurate, some bold faced lies, and the kool-aid keeps on flowing:

AP News : Sun Journal

WASHINGTON (AP) -- One of President Barack Obama's health care "horror stories" is about a woman who, he says, lost her health insurance on the verge of breast cancer surgery because she didn't disclose a case of acne to the insurer. That's not what happened.
Read on at link provided.

Why does he need to lie, to pump up the fearmongering horror stories, if his plan is so good? He rails against "misinformation" when HE is the source of most of it!

OMG, another impeachable offense.

Forget it MM. The more you people push against him with this insignificant shit, the more we will push back.

According to the AP, many of President Obama's anecdotal health care horror stories are quite inaccurate, some bold faced lies, and the kool-aid keeps on flowing:

AP News : Sun Journal

WASHINGTON (AP) -- One of President Barack Obama's health care "horror stories" is about a woman who, he says, lost her health insurance on the verge of breast cancer surgery because she didn't disclose a case of acne to the insurer. That's not what happened.
Read on at link provided.

Why does he need to lie, to pump up the fearmongering horror stories, if his plan is so good? He rails against "misinformation" when HE is the source of most of it!

OMG, another impeachable offense.

Forget it MM. The more you people push against him with this insignificant shit, the more we will push back.
No one's pushing against BHO, rather he is pointing out another lie of a politician. Information. It's good for all. And sometimes what is good for us is not always pleasant.

Beaton did not lose her insurance because she failed to own up to a skin problem in her past. She lost it because, when enrolling in the plan, she had not reported a previous heart condition and did not list her weight accurately.
That makes it okay, then. :cuckoo:
Her repug Congressman fixed the issue. Obama merely lied about it. But that makes it all okay for you.

If Obama was going to lie, why would he pick "acne" as the affliction? The White House gets 65,000 paper letters, 100,000 e-mails and 1,000 faxes each week from people telling their horror stories. He reads 10 a day, so maybe he got mixed up. But hey, Obama isn't allowed to make mistakes, ever, without it being front-page news in some newspaper or online Get-Obama site.

You're clueless now?

Here's what's insane: Embellishing and exaggerating these "horror stories" when you don't have to. Clearly if what Obama says is true, they should have been easily able to find "horror stories" they wouldn't have to embellish or exaggerate. Or outright misrepresent and/or lie about. That apparently they couldn't could make folks reasonably conclude they might just be embellishing and exaggerating the whole issue.

Credibility suffers, among fair-minded people when you do that. But it affects the kool-aid drinkers not at all, as you and others of your blinded, partisan cult-worshipping ilk continue to prove.

How many more lies and broken promises is it going to take before these ignorant and completely gullible Obamabot loons finally get it?
Obama is nothing more than your typical lying ass corrupt Chicago politician, who filled their heads with everything those clowns wanted to hear. He's broken every damn promise he's made. His lies are being exposed on daily basis. And still, these fools think he farts rose scented fairy dust, and shits ribbons of rainbows. If it weren't so freakin' sad, it would be laughable!

Yep, just cuz some little illiterate twit like you sez so, I'm gonna support anything you stand for. Don't count on it, pal.

Even if one gives BHO the benefit of the doubt that he didn't lie about this rather he was misinformed (which is very likely), I have a hard time comprehending the resistance to having this information announced.

Again, I get the image of those who cover their ears while singing, 'La la la - I don't want to hear it!'.

Prove it.
I'd like to see it too.

Which book? Who wrote it?

Let's see details, MM.
It's stunning how uninformed some of you are:

Obama Complained, "Jesus, I Wish They'd Stop Grabbing My Ass": New Book (VIDEO)

That's from the Huff-Puff. Here's another source:

Browse Inside Barack and Michelle: Portrait of an American Marriage by Christopher Andersen

Page 206.

Forum List

Back