Smoking Gun: Obama Admits He Cut Billions from Medicare to Fund Obamacare

So, Obama magically caused future growth of the Medicare program to simply not happen... how, exactly, did he accomplish this feat? :rolleyes:

Medicare cost growth has slowed dramatically over the last few years and the challenge now is to keep it low. Obama's approach is straightforward: (1) shift the way Medicare pays for services away from encouraging high-volume, low (or mediocre) value service provision, and (2) promote and assist health care providers in delivering better care more efficiently and less expensively, while holding them accountable for quality outcomes. You can see some of what's coming down the pike in results from this private sector pilot in Massachusetts that incorporates some of these principles: http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...-reform-model-lowers-costs-improves-care.html.

More importantly, there are some early indicators that providers have already begun to reorganize care delivery in response to the ongoing and coming reforms, accounting for some of Medicare's current record-low cost growth--and offering some promise that we might be entering a new era of cost containment.

No magic required, just hard work and a little good old-fashioned American ingenuity.

yes, totally ignore the truth that it does not because it completely screws the entire claim of the right. Stop being mean and pointing out Romney's lies, just quietly drink the republican kool aid and slowly go to sleep. It is good for you, trust me. All that thinking really hurts.

(smile) Obama is lying about how he cut Medicare, you don't believe him when he said he did?

If I take a twenty dollar bill from you and then give you 10 fives I have not really taken anything from you. You are trying to imply Obama has taken the medical help away from people by cutting medicare, which BTW the republicans want to get rid of anyway. Now, Obama has removed some funding from medicare, and replaced it with the much improved ACA. So really obama is doing something fiscally responsible by giving people more service, and removing the bloat from medicare so that we do not pay for a redundant service that is less beneficial.

So yeah, instead of paying attention to one thing taken out of context, i pay attention to the whole issue. it is sad you are too poor to pay attention to the entire issue. But please, keep trying to trap me in the same old bullshit because you don't have any point without bullshit.

There is no trap, you simply don't understand what you are talking about.

Obama removed 716 BILLION dollars from Medicare provider reimbursements.

In your mind that has no effect on patients...which is patently silly.
Provider costs are not static and they will choose NOT to treat said patients if they cannot make money at it....only the willingly obtuse would say otherwise. (indeed providers are already dropping out)

Obama did not "replace" Medicare with the ACA so that argument is simply stupid.

You might understand better if you had actually read the ACA, but you haven't you are simply being spoon fed what they want you to think.

Let's give a little quiz.....

What are the duties of the Exchanges?

Ryan's budget had essentially the same Medicare 'cuts' in it. That is one of those facts that the Right will simply ignore because accepting it is too unpleasant.

Ryan's budget had essentially the same Medicare 'cuts' in it. That is one of those facts that the Right will simply ignore because accepting it is too unpleasant.

How many people above 55 are affected by the Ryan Plan?

Does Obama even have a plan?

Let's repeat a post further up thread. It still gives people the choice to keep Medicare or go into a voucher program. We hopefully all know that if we don't do something about the debt. We're going to see our country go through the same problems as Greece. Do you want to fix the problem or make it worse?

I heard Ryan say it again today for like the 10th time...
Seniors from age 55 on up will NOT see a bit of change to Medicare.
Those 10 years away will have some changes and some options that they can control.

I bet we will still hear today going forward that bunch over at MSNBC say that Ryan wants to screw over the people using Medicare today.

Last edited:
(smile) Obama is lying about how he cut Medicare, you don't believe him when he said he did?

If I take a twenty dollar bill from you and then give you 10 fives I have not really taken anything from you. You are trying to imply Obama has taken the medical help away from people by cutting medicare, which BTW the republicans want to get rid of anyway. Now, Obama has removed some funding from medicare, and replaced it with the much improved ACA. So really obama is doing something fiscally responsible by giving people more service, and removing the bloat from medicare so that we do not pay for a redundant service that is less beneficial.

So yeah, instead of paying attention to one thing taken out of context, i pay attention to the whole issue. it is sad you are too poor to pay attention to the entire issue. But please, keep trying to trap me in the same old bullshit because you don't have any point without bullshit.

Provider costs are not static and they will choose NOT to treat said patients if they cannot make money at it....only the willingly obtuse would say otherwise. (indeed providers are already dropping out)

Obama did not "replace" Medicare with the ACA so that argument is simply stupid.

You might understand better if you had actually read the ACA, but you haven't you are simply being spoon fed what they want you to think.

Here ya go

Among the many narratives injected into the public debate over health care reform, I find the most disturbing to be the notion that our senior citizens will experience cuts in their Medicare benefits as a result of Obamacare.

Despite the ‘doom and gloom’ predictions you may have heard, the proposed savings in Medicare are designed to come from two sources; (a) a crackdown on Medicare fraud, estimated to currently cost the federal government as much as $60 billion per year and (b) a reduction in what is paid to the Medicare Advantage programs offered by private insurance companies.

As you may be under the impression that the legislation will cut payments to physicians by 21% and institute draconian cuts in payments to hospitals, let’s set the record straight on this at the outset so we can dispose of this bit of disinformation.

Does Obamacare really cut Medicare Benefits to Senior Citizens? - Forbes

All of them. Lyin' Ryan is a pathological liar, so the more he denies cutting Medicare for those 55 and older, the more he admits he is.

Lyin' Ryan Is pulling $1.5 trillion out of health care for the elderly, poor and disabled to pay for tax cuts for the wealthy. $700 Billion from Medicare and $800 billion from Medicade. That's right Willard Mitt, rhymes with...., and Lyin' Ryan cut Medicade as well as Medicare, so if somehow a senior dodges their cuts in Medicade they get hit with their cuts in Medicade.

Here ya go

Among the many narratives injected into the public debate over health care reform, I find the most disturbing to be the notion that our senior citizens will experience cuts in their Medicare benefits as a result of Obamacare.

Despite the ‘doom and gloom’ predictions you may have heard, the proposed savings in Medicare are designed to come from two sources; (a) a crackdown on Medicare fraud, estimated to currently cost the federal government as much as $60 billion per year and (b) a reduction in what is paid to the Medicare Advantage programs offered by private insurance companies.

As you may be under the impression that the legislation will cut payments to physicians by 21% and institute draconian cuts in payments to hospitals, let’s set the record straight on this at the outset so we can dispose of this bit of disinformation.

I am just going to laugh at you.

You have Obama's words in the OP and all you can do is type "nuh-uh"

Since you like Forbes...

You wouldn’t know it from listening to the Obama campaign, but there’s only one Presidential candidate in 2012 who has cut Medicare: Barack Obama, whose Affordable Care Act cuts Medicare by $716 billion from 2013-2022. Today, the Romney campaign reiterated its pledge to repeal Obamacare, and promised to “restore the funding to Medicare [and] ensure that no changes are made to the program for those 55 and older.”

Yes, Obamacare Cuts Medicare More Than President Romney Would - Forbes

Here ya go

Since you like Forbes...

You wouldn’t know it from listening to the Obama campaign, but there’s only one Presidential candidate in 2012 who has cut Medicare: Barack Obama, whose Affordable Care Act cuts Medicare by $716 billion from 2013-2022. Today, the Romney campaign reiterated its pledge to repeal Obamacare, and promised to “restore the funding to Medicare [and] ensure that no changes are made to the program for those 55 and older.”

Go ahead and laugh while Robme and Ryan take your money all the way to the bank.. or should I say Off Shore bank:dig:

Here ya go

Since you like Forbes...

As you well know, Forbes is a liar. Obamacare transfers the money being wasted by Medicare advantage to the medicare doughnut hole. The money never leaves Medicare. willard Mitt, rhymes with...., and Lyin' Ryan loot $1.5 trillion from Medicare and Medicade and transfer it to the wealthiest capital gains tycoons like Willard.

99752d1344997685-elect-me-i-promise-cut-cut-my-taxes.jpg

Since you like Forbes...

As you well know, Forbes is a liar. Obamacare transfers the money being wasted by Medicare advantage to the medicare doughnut hole. The money never leaves Medicare. willard Mitt, rhymes with...., and Lyin' Ryan loot $1.5 trillion from Medicare and Medicade and transfer it to the wealthiest capital gains tycoons like Willard.

Keep regurgitating Bammy's lies.....it went to help the originaal cost ecetimet of the ACA down.

I am sorry that I had to be the one to burst you boy's bubbles.

a) all the ones who get medications will see their prices go back to before O-care levels.

b) O-care will get ALL medical costs under control. Romneycare has proved it (2% rises instead of 15%).

And Huffpo is lying, in the above interview with Jake Tapper and Obama, Obama says he has cut Medicare and it is 1/3 of the payment of ObamaTax.

Don't believe everything you read, the link I posted earlier has the video showing Obama saying it.
Yes, obama cut medicare to bring us to the new ACA. So he really did not actually cut care, just cleaned up double spending. You republicans did notice both programs cover medical care, right that did sink through your thick skulls and reach those two starving neurons you have, right?

Nothing to see here, just republicans wishing they had a point.

Obama cut Medicare, But he really didn't cut Medicare... Uh... I think I got it.
and

Do people realize just what a low move this is? Obama destroys medicare advantage that millions of seniors count on and is postponing it under the guise of an "experiment" till after the election. Because he knows his re-election would be in dire straights if it is not hidden from these poor seniors. Just an FYI to all concerned, Obamacare will halt destroying your medicare advantage till after he is re-elected. There you have it

What a low move :mad:

This is our President, and many wonder why many of us loathe this administration.

Congress should immediately launch an investigation into this unprecedented misuse of taxpayer money and violation of the public trust, which certainly presses the boundaries of legality and very well may breach them.

If he’s not stopped, Obama will spend $8 billion in taxpayer funds for a scheme to mask the debilitating effects on seniors of his signature piece of legislation just long enough to get himself re-elected.

Now that is some serious audacity.

Read more: President Obama’s Medicare slush fund—Benjamin E. Sasse & Charles Hurt - NYPOST.com

Last edited:

Fortunately for humanity and America you don't have kids. I have two working adult children who have paid into SS and Medicare - so knock of the bullshit Ryan's plan won't effect me. What harms my family harms me.

Stupid question, of course he has a plan. Sadly, stupid people are stuck on stupid and actually believe Obama's agenda is far left. I guess that's because you and the others in the echo chamber keep repeating right wing propaganda and believe it.

The radical agenda today is the GOP platform, focused on: 1) suppressing the vote; 2) privatize SS, Medicare and Medicaid; 3) Cut taxes to starve the beast; 4) Capture the White House to pack the Supreme Court with activist conservatives; 5) Outlaw all unions and collective bargaining for public employees; 6) Eliminate the Dept. of Education and privatize schools; 6) Outlaw abortion and restrict access to contraception with a goal to create a large work force competing for work, and willing to work at substance levels; 7) to ultimately create an Oligarchy of the rich and powerful.

Since you like Forbes...

Keep regurgitating Bammy's lies.....it went to help the originaal cost ecetimet of the ACA down.

I am sorry that I had to be the one to burst you boy's bubbles.
Filling the Medicare doughnut hole is part of the original cost estimate of the ACA which is how the savings from Medicare Advantage never leave Medicare.

Sorry to have to burst your little man child Lyin' Ryan's bubble.

Forum List

Back