~Smoking Banned Outdoors In NYC~

I hope you're enjoying the laughs now. When smoking is banned completely, government will start taxing the things you enjoy to make up the shortfall. I'll be there to make sure you're still laughing when it is your ox being gored.

Smoking will not be banned.....but it will fade away
Correct. About 25% of the US population is what are called "smokers". The PCT declines each year.
When that percentage drops to say 5-10% look for government to introduce new taxes to make up the respective revenue short falls.

When I grew up, it was over 50%

Smoking was not only allowed almost everywhere, it was encouraged. Smokers developed a lot of bad habits in those days. Today, they are much more docile as they have been driven from society

It's this same stuff that leads to the governemnt regulating food and salt content. At a certain point, people are just responsible for themselves. Big brother can't regulate everything about our private lives.

It's this same stuff that leads to the governemnt regulating food and salt content. At a certain point, people are just responsible for themselves. Big brother can't regulate everything about our private lives.

It's not about being responsible for yourself but your impact on others

I think the further away from me they are the better. Smokers are disgusting. Period. If there are laws out there that make it so I never even have to think about cigarettes or smokers...then good.

I loved that about the military (eventually). I love that about my job now. You cant smoke, are tested when hired and cant smoke in your car on the business parking lot either. I love it. Its funny, they have to go through a locked, secured gate to go on a street corner to smoke. Its hilarious really.

GOOD.

I've smoked for 35+ years...i've tried just about everything out there to quit. I've tried accupuncture, nicotine gum, the patches, chantix, electric cigarettes, i think just about everything except hypnosis. I'm VERY addicted to cigarettes. When i started smoking i didn't start with the knowledge that i would end up this way. Some people are not very addictive to things, my husband stopped smoking the first time he tried! I'm one of those people that they say are as addicted to cigarettes as someone would be to cocaine.

I don't want to be this way...i want to just QUIT! You have no idea what i go through all the time knowing i need to stop...i have the start of emphesema, and i still can't do it. I'm the first to admit i'm weak and i hate that i struggle with this like i do.

I don't need YOU telling me i'm disgusting because i have a problem. You should keep your mouth shut about something you know nothing about!

and that is the problem with you libs. Because you abhor the concept of personal responsibility and cannot fathom the concept of individual liberty, you need to look for someone to take care of you. That care you believe should come from central planning.
Newsflash....It DOES NOT take a village. And I am NOT my brother's keeper.
You lefties would be wise to start minding your own fucking business.

and that is the problem with you libs. Because you abhor the concept of personal responsibility and cannot fathom the concept of individual liberty, you need to look for someone to take care of you. That care you believe should come from central planning.
Newsflash....It DOES NOT take a village. And I am NOT my brother's keeper.
You lefties would be wise to start minding your own fucking business.

You do not have the liberty to spread your stink and toxic fumes.

Forum List

Back