Smith & Wesson goes full KelTec

First it was Ruger, now it's S&W peeking at Kel-Tec's homework.

I think it sucks, way too bulky for what it is when folded due to the on-board mag storage.

LOL....Did you see that big-ass piece of "luggage" that it goes in? I don't think it would fit in a overhead.

I think it sucks, way too bulky for what it is when folded due to the on-board mag storage.

LOL....Did you see that big-ass piece of "luggage" that it goes in? I don't think it would fit in a overhead.
It will fit into a 40 liter back pack but since it's a side folder it has the bulk the SUB2000 doesn't have.

With their new M&P FPC folding 9mm pistol caliber carbine.

The kel-tec sub-2000 barrel folds back on the top which makes it impossible to mount a scope.
That SW barrel folds to the side.
That is a much better design.

First it was Ruger, now it's S&W peeking at Kel-Tec's homework. I think it sucks

Besides, wasn't it S&W who years ago pretty much sided with the anti-gun crowd sticking their finger right in the eye of gun owners and 2A proponents?

There are far too many gun brands out there for me to lower myself to buying anything from them.

The kel-tec sub-2000 barrel folds back on the top which makes it impossible to mount a scope.
That SW barrel folds to the side.
That is a much better design.
MCarbo has made a swing away mount for years.

OIP.p0mnLGKpgAqNRO86qngtywHaFj

Not my cup of tea due to the bulk but with the 1X red-dots now with lever-lock QD mounts they are not really necessary.....The same can be said of LER scopes mounted in a good QD mount.

Me, I want the lighter weight and compactness of the S2K right out of the box. Add $26.00 for a tube and bolt knob cover and you are GTG.....Sight it in and forget it.

I don't want nor need onboard mag storage but I'm sure it will appeal to the Tactical Timmy types and S&W will sell a shit-ton of them.

OP Sucks!

This thread has cost me money! ;)

I decided I "needed" another Kel-Tec S2K....I remembered I saw one at my LGS today but never thought anymore about it.

I just called and told them to but it back for me and I'll pick it up in the morning.....It's lightly used and supposedly has a bunch of MCARBO sight and trigger upgrades. It also has the G17 grip that I prefer.

$325.00. Fair enough.

Last edited:
OP Sucks!

This thread has cost me money! ;)

I decided I "needed" another Kel-Tec S2K....I remembered I saw one at my LGS today but never thought anymore about it.

I just called and told them to but it back for me and I'll pick it up in the morning.....It's lightly used and supposedly has a bunch of MCARBO sight and trigger upgrades. $325.00. Fair enough.
If I could get one at that price I snap it up in a heartbeat.

It can't fit in an airport overhead. Thats not the point. It fits in a footwell or hiking just fine.

5 Lb weight. 5.5lb trigger. Its good to go.

It can't fit in an airport overhead. Thats not the point. It fits in a footwell or hiking just fine.

5 Lb weight. 5.5lb trigger. Its good to go.
A 5.5# trigger is really nothing to brag on.

A S2K fits in a 18" X 9" .mil waterproof sustenance bag with room to spare.

s 001 (2).JPG

My current (old model) S2K is in one. I took and sewed pockets inside for extra mags. After I check the fitment of the one I'll pick-up tomorrow, I'll get to work on this one. ;)

Sadly the bags are no longer produced but at least I bought four of them. A Armalite AR-7 fits perfect in them too.

Forum List

Back