Smart Democrats Should Be Worried

I do understand one reason. you have to brag now. After last election you realized Obama is pretty good at winning, and you had better get iot in while you can because mittens is not even close to a victory. Even most republicans knew mittens was a throw away choice during the primaries. That is why all you had was a bunch of losers because anyone with a chance is waiting for next election.

Is it making you feel better to pretend he is winning despite the fact at best he is pulling up to even? Is this really working for you? I guess if it is then enjoy because in 3 months you will probably be telling us you are moving, though we know you never will.

What election was that...2010.

Obama won big in that one...didn't he ?

Naa, Obama dumped his ACA tax mandate on the nation and then let everyone else do the losing for him.

Obama woke up this morning, read the news, and thought of this scene.

I'm your Huckleberry - YouTube
Are you trying to tell us that obama is a sadistic gunslinger from the old west who killed people for fun? It is more like obama woke up this morniong and saw Ryan as the VP pick and started celebrating his victory.

Does that mean the asshole-in-charge will now start addressing his pathetic handling of the economy ? Or are we still going to have listen to Fluke(off) ?

No, that just means if obama was who you said he was Romney and the entire republican cast of this years election would be dead. Now we would have Sarah palin and Rick perry trying to run him down. Unfortunately the old western hero would have died years ago so no one would rally them.

i don't know, the example really sucked.

And to add how is it that Reagan is on such a pedestal now for the republican base. The guy was a disaster as a California Governor and a worse president.
I once took a trip into the California redwoods which Reagan ordered thousands of trees to be cut down. Only to have his plaque up in the bald acres like a statue for his love of the redwoods..
Scratches Head...
Romney made a bold move, and Ryan is a smart guy but I am not worried people are really studying what is going on and can see right through all the bells and whistles the republicans are doing right now.

Was there a point to this post ?

Don't scratch to hard...you might hurt yourself.

Smart Democrats Should Be Worried - By John Fund - The Corner - National Review Online

Are there smart democrats ? Just asking.

There are five reasons. I'll post them one at a time.

Liberal pundits are already fanning out in force to attack and discredit Paul Ryan. Michael Tomasky, who recently wrote a Newsweek cover story calling Mitt Romney a “wimp,” has now decided that Romney’s bold move is “a terrible choice” because Ryan has proven himself to be an extremist on budget issues.

No doubt there are many Democrats rubbing their hands in glee in contemplation of reviving some version of the ad that featured an actor playing Paul Ryan pushing a grandmother in a wheelchair off a cliff. But the smarter ones are worried.

First, if Ryan is an extremist and his proposals are so unpopular, how has he won election seven times in a Democratic district? His lowest share of the vote was 57 percent — in his first race. He routinely wins over two-thirds of the vote. When Obama swept the nation in 2008, he carried Ryan’s district by four points. But at the same time, Ryan won reelection with 65 percent of the vote, meaning that a fifth of Obama voters also voted for him.

Ryan has pointed out to me that no Republican has carried his district for president since Ronald Reagan in 1984. “I have held hundreds of town-hall meetings in my district explaining why we have to take bold reform steps, and I’ve found treating people like adults works,” he told me. “All those ads pushing elderly woman off the cliffs don’t work anymore if you lay out the problem.”

People in Wisconsin are a reasonable lot. And if Ryan were just about fixing Medicare and if Romney was equally focused and persuasive you would have a point. Medicare needs to be fixed and if Romney made that central to his campaign then I would be more supportive.

But Ryan is about more than Medicare and is a strong proponent of Reganomics, and corporate welfare. Romney is already moving away from Medicare reform. So the most reasonable thing about Ryan, Romney is moving away from.

And to add how is it that Reagan is on such a pedestal now for the republican base. The guy was a disaster as a California Governor and a worse president.
I once took a trip into the California redwoods which Reagan ordered thousands of trees to be cut down. Only to have his plaque up in the bald acres like a statue for his love of the redwoods..
Scratches Head...
Romney made a bold move, and Ryan is a smart guy but I am not worried people are really studying what is going on and can see right through all the bells and whistles the republicans are doing right now.

Why does the truth scare you so?

Are you trying to tell us that obama is a sadistic gunslinger from the old west who killed people for fun? It is more like obama woke up this morniong and saw Ryan as the VP pick and started celebrating his victory.

Does that mean the asshole-in-charge will now start addressing his pathetic handling of the economy ? Or are we still going to have listen to Fluke(off) ?

No, that just means if obama was who you said he was Romney and the entire republican cast of this years election would be dead. Now we would have Sarah palin and Rick perry trying to run him down. Unfortunately the old western hero would have died years ago so no one would rally them.

i don't know, the example really sucked.

Thanks for answering honestly. He won't address the economy even though it is foremost on peoples minds. But we both know why.

Beyond that, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Put away the stupid pills.

Despite your claims no one is really worried about the choice of ryan as VP.

However, you seem to be trying to tell yourself you might win now. It seems you spend a lot of time trying to convince yourself the reps will not lose. how did that work for you last presidential election?

Obama woke up this morning, read the news, and thought of this scene.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkm1i2o6Ri8]I'm your Huckleberry - YouTube[/ame]

I thought that Romeny might pick Huckleberry.

Scratches Head...

Why does the truth scare you so?

What truth would that be. There isn't any coming from the left.

That is for sure.

Unless your claims to read people's hearts is supposed to be truth. But that would be very Maddowesque of you.

middle class people don't like reagan. that is republicans. reagan was pretty much a joke to the middle class. remember, alex P keaton, the ron headroom jokes from back to the future 2, and the 8 billion jokes spawned by ronnie ray gun? Seriously, david hasselhoff had more to do with reagans supposed accomplishment than he did.

You are have overdosed on stupid pills.

Please tell me how many states Reagan won in 1984. Then tell me if you thin Obama will do that in 2012.

I'll be waiting.

obama is not running against reagan. The republicans keep trying to claim mittens and now ryan are reagan, but no one really liked reagan, democrats just sucked back then.

but no one really liked reagan, democrats just sucked back then

Well, you're half right. Which is a big improvement for you.

Despite your claims no one is really worried about the choice of ryan as VP.

However, you seem to be trying to tell yourself you might win now. It seems you spend a lot of time trying to convince yourself the reps will not lose. how did that work for you last presidential election?

go check the threads, u lefties cant stop talking about him.

We should all be worried. If Romney and Ryan ever win it will be a disaster for the working man. It truly amazes me that you folks on the right are so brainwashed.

Ironic, although liberals see you people as brainwashed, the plutocrats you worship see you as contemptible, and fodder.

You should be worried your government goodies will dry up.

You love to use that term since no one jumps on board the Bulls**t Express and rides with you to the land of stupid.

Liberals don't see anything except the ass of the liberal in front of them as the pied piper of Chicago leads them over the cliff.

Please tell me why the dems got their asses waxed in 2010 when they were supposed to have congress for at least 10 years. I'll be waiting.

You don't have to wait long. As an educated and intelligent liberal, it is pretty easy to find out what is truth, and what is dogma.

If you study history, the mid term elections followed a predictable pattern. In midterm elections since 1902, the president's party almost always suffers a decline in its share of the congressional vote and a net loss of House seats.

http://www.uvm.edu/~dguber/POLS125/articles/erikson1.pdf

What you call 'government goodies' are essential social programs that have save millions of American lives. Something a turd like you can't possibly understand. Your handlers won't tell you that.

"Eighty percent of Republicans are just Democrats that don't know what's going on"
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

Smart Democrats Should Be Worried - By John Fund - The Corner - National Review Online

Are there smart democrats ? Just asking.

There are five reasons. I'll post them one at a time.

Liberal pundits are already fanning out in force to attack and discredit Paul Ryan. Michael Tomasky, who recently wrote a Newsweek cover story calling Mitt Romney a “wimp,” has now decided that Romney’s bold move is “a terrible choice” because Ryan has proven himself to be an extremist on budget issues.

No doubt there are many Democrats rubbing their hands in glee in contemplation of reviving some version of the ad that featured an actor playing Paul Ryan pushing a grandmother in a wheelchair off a cliff. But the smarter ones are worried.

First, if Ryan is an extremist and his proposals are so unpopular, how has he won election seven times in a Democratic district? His lowest share of the vote was 57 percent — in his first race. He routinely wins over two-thirds of the vote. When Obama swept the nation in 2008, he carried Ryan’s district by four points. But at the same time, Ryan won reelection with 65 percent of the vote, meaning that a fifth of Obama voters also voted for him.

Ryan has pointed out to me that no Republican has carried his district for president since Ronald Reagan in 1984. “I have held hundreds of town-hall meetings in my district explaining why we have to take bold reform steps, and I’ve found treating people like adults works,” he told me. “All those ads pushing elderly woman off the cliffs don’t work anymore if you lay out the problem.”
No worries mon. Why worry....?
http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...-down-in-flames-the-numbers-bears-it-out.html

Last edited by a moderator:
We should all be worried. If Romney and Ryan ever win it will be a disaster for the working man. It truly amazes me that you folks on the right are so brainwashed.

Ironic, although liberals see you people as brainwashed, the plutocrats you worship see you as contemptible, and fodder.

You love to use that term since no one jumps on board the Bulls**t Express and rides with you to the land of stupid.

Liberals don't see anything except the ass of the liberal in front of them as the pied piper of Chicago leads them over the cliff.

Please tell me why the dems got their asses waxed in 2010 when they were supposed to have congress for at least 10 years. I'll be waiting.

You don't have to wait long. As an educated and intelligent liberal, it is pretty easy to find out what is truth, and what is dogma.

If you study history, the mid term elections followed a predictable pattern. In midterm elections since 1902, the president's party almost always suffers a decline in its share of the congressional vote and a net loss of House seats.

What you call 'government goodies' are essential social programs that have save millions of American lives. Something a turd like you can't possibly understand. Your handlers won't tell you that.

"Eighty percent of Republicans are just Democrats that don't know what's going on"
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

In midterm elections since 1902, the president's party almost always suffers a decline in its share of the congressional vote and a net loss of House seats.

In how many of those midterms did the president's party lose more than 60 House seats?

Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

Ah yes...thanks for reminding me why I enjoy having less of them (Kennedys) around.

Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

They are only essential because those democrats who seem to know what is going on...got sucked into programs (like SS where even the government said it should NOT be your primary retirement income) and are now glued to the government tit.

BTW: The last two democratic presidents got their asses handed to them with regards to the house. What happened in 2002 ? I am sure a good liberal know-it-all will be plenty aware.

My program is set up so I need none of those essential services.

Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

Ah yes...thanks for reminding me why I enjoy having less of them (Kennedys) around.

Yea, why have to question your dogma. There is no American family that has done more good for so many people as the Kennedy family.

What you imply is REALLY sick btw. But it doesn't surprise me. You right wing turds are lovers of death and punishment.

"Harry Truman once said, 'There are 14 or 15 million Americans who have the resources to have representatives in Washington to protect their interests, and that the interests of the great mass of the other people - the 150 or 160 million - is the responsibility of the president of the United States, and I propose to fulfill it.'"
President John F. Kennedy

Last edited:
Yea, why have to question your dogma. There is no American family that has done more good for so many people ans the Kennedy family.

"Harry Truman once said, 'There are 14 or 15 million Americans who have the resources to have representatives in Washington to protect their interests, and that the interests of the great mass of the other people - the 150 or 160 million - is the responsibility of the president of the United States, and I propose to fulfill it.'"
President John F. Kennedy

JFK said it, so Bfgrn sucks on it.

If by "done good" you mean sealed people like you to government checks, I'd agree.

But, Ted did a great job of destroying the constitution. Can't say I miss him at all.

BTW: Anyone who worships the Kennedys...probably shouldn't be bitching about dogma.

Forum List

Back