Slow Saturday

Kathianne,I started and realized I have no business doing this-lol!!!1 Way to hard,I have never even heard a lot of these words!! You did darn well though!

:bow3: :bow3:

krisy said:
Kathianne,I started and realized I have no business doing this-lol!!!1 Way to hard,I have never even heard a lot of these words!! You did darn well though!

:bow3: :bow3:

Catholic school-we had to look up word originations. Damn it helps on the Miller's analogies! Man did I hate vocab!

If you use the wild guess, score will be better. I just decided to go for straight synonyms/antonyms

Zhukov said:
You beat me by two.

Can't believe it! How many languages are you able to read? Well Shazam, I scored perfect in the verbal part of ACT, we will NOT go into my math score. (Let's just say my counselor had never seen a score like mine! :tng: ) He made me retake, scored same on verbal and increased the math score by 2 pts. :rolleyes:

It's interesting, I cannot use the vocabulary much verbally, though I do impress middle schoolers. But my visual vocab. is very good. As a kid, basically deaf, closed captioning didn't exist, I read. Alot!

Kathianne said:
Can't believe it! How many languages are you able to read?

Only one with any degree of skill. My Russian once was average one upon a time, and my Spanish....well let's just say when I try to speak it I often lapse into Russian.

I scored perfect in the verbal part of ACT, we will NOT go into my math score.

It was the opposite for me. Back then my math scores were higher, though my verbals were still up there. For the SAT at least. I can't honestly say I remember how my ACT broke down. There's been a lot of beer under the bridge since then.

On my GRE I scored slightly higher on verbal than math, but statistically it was probably equal.

As a kid, basically deaf, closed captioning didn't exist, I read. Alot!

That will do it. Constant reading is most certainly why I posses such an expansive vocabulary, and such wonderfulll prose.

Zhukov said:
Only one with any degree of skill. My Russian once was average one upon a time, and my Spanish....well let's just say when I try to speak it I often lapse into Russian.

It was the opposite for me. Back then my math scores were higher, though my verbals were still up there. For the SAT at least. I can't honestly say I remember how my ACT broke down. There's been a lot of beer under the bridge since then.

On my GRE I scored slightly higher on verbal than math, but statistically it was probably equal.

That will do it. Constant reading is most certainly why I posses such an expansive vocabulary, and such wonderfulll prose.

You're much more 'normal' than I. It's the norm to have a stronger field, but not polar opposits. LOL. My counselor had a fit, my parents who hadn't completed college thought I must have screwed up. One is not supposed to be a savant, (when not autistic), in verbal and retarded in math. :dunno: but there you have it. Now I know it all dates back to 4th grade and the hitting nun, but that's another story. :D

145 out of 200. I think I should have done better, but I have the attention span of a knat.

Forum List

Back