Slow Saturday

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Annie, Aug 28, 2004.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
  2. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Kathianne,I started and realized I have no business doing this-lol!!!1 Way to hard,I have never even heard a lot of these words!! You did darn well though!

:bow3: :bow3:

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Catholic school-we had to look up word originations. Damn it helps on the Miller's analogies! Man did I hate vocab!

If you use the wild guess, score will be better. I just decided to go for straight synonyms/antonyms

4. Moi

Moi Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I got 71 right! I also left over 100 blank. I don't have the stamina for this now...maybe after a run to Starbucks!

5. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    You beat me by two.

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Can't believe it! How many languages are you able to read? Well Shazam, I scored perfect in the verbal part of ACT, we will NOT go into my math score. (Let's just say my counselor had never seen a score like mine! :tng: ) He made me retake, scored same on verbal and increased the math score by 2 pts. :rolleyes:

It's interesting, I cannot use the vocabulary much verbally, though I do impress middle schoolers. But my visual vocab. is very good. As a kid, basically deaf, closed captioning didn't exist, I read. Alot!

7. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Only one with any degree of skill. My Russian once was average one upon a time, and my Spanish....well let's just say when I try to speak it I often lapse into Russian.

It was the opposite for me. Back then my math scores were higher, though my verbals were still up there. For the SAT at least. I can't honestly say I remember how my ACT broke down. There's been a lot of beer under the bridge since then.

On my GRE I scored slightly higher on verbal than math, but statistically it was probably equal.

That will do it. Constant reading is most certainly why I posses such an expansive vocabulary, and such wonderfulll prose.

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    You're much more 'normal' than I. It's the norm to have a stronger field, but not polar opposits. LOL. My counselor had a fit, my parents who hadn't completed college thought I must have screwed up. One is not supposed to be a savant, (when not autistic), in verbal and retarded in math. :dunno: but there you have it. Now I know it all dates back to 4th grade and the hitting nun, but that's another story. :D

9. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    145 out of 200. I think I should have done better, but I have the attention span of a knat.