Sleeping in your office?

CREW is a left leaning organization. Most members of Congress who bunk up in their Congressional offices are Republicans.

Do the math.

It's just a way to keep the so called middle class and poor classes from running for elected office.

In my opinion each state should maintain condos or apts for their congressional representatives while in DC.
The same condo/apt for whomever happens to be in congress at the time.
It would make it easier for the hookers and drug dealers to find them as well.

Heaven forbid the state spend less money on anything

They are vagrants, kick them out

No other worker would be allowed to live in their workplace. Zoning would not allow it and they work in a public building

Let them sleep in homeless shelters

Firemen do.

Firemen are required to, which is why dorms are built in to firehouses. That is unless it is a volunteer house where everyone comes running when the alarm is raised. :eusa_whistle:

So long as they don't infest the office with bed bugs... i could care less.

Advice for anyone who wants to sleep at work. Don't drink coffee in the morning. It'll keep you awake in the afternoon. :cool:

They are vagrants, kick them out

No other worker would be allowed to live in their workplace. Zoning would not allow it and they work in a public building

Let them sleep in homeless shelters

Firemen do.

Firemen are required to, which is why dorms are built in to firehouses. That is unless it is a volunteer house where everyone comes running when the alarm is raised. :eusa_whistle:

So the "no other worker would be allowed to" is wrong then, eh?

CREW is a left leaning organization. Most members of Congress who bunk up in their Congressional offices are Republicans.

Do the math.

There is no evidence that "most members who bunk up in their offices are Republicans".

Right. There is none.... other than a list.

Group to Chabot: Stop sleeping in office | Politics Extra

You'd think you would look before you run your mouth.

That's not a full list.

But I concede you're probably right on this one. Good job.

Is it really a problem?

A Washington ethics watchdog says it's time for Congress to crack down on lawmakers who sleep in their offices rather than pay for a place to live. Reacting to a surge in congressmen bunking down in their work spaces, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington wants the Office of Congressional Ethics to investigate whether the politicians are getting an unfair tax break and violating their own rules by making personal use of public resources.
"House office buildings are not dorms or frat houses," Melanie Sloan, the group's executive director, said Thursday. "If members didn't want to find housing in Washington, they shouldn't have run for Congress in the first place."
For years, at least a few lawmakers have slept on couches and cots in their offices to avoid long commutes or pricey Washington rents. Some see it as a badge of honor, a commitment to frugality and hard work, and a reminder to constituents they don't consider Washington home.
CREW cited media reports that more than 30 lawmakers, all men, are now doing it. Sloan thinks the real total could be as many as 40 or 50 after a wave of budget-conscious, anti-Washington freshmen won seats in November.
Rep. Paul Ryan, the House Budget Committee chairman, has slept in his office for years. Ryan, R-Wis., brushed aside questions about the complaint.
"People have been doing it for decades," he said. "I work until midnight every night. I get up at six every morning."
Another longtime office-sleeper, Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill., said he'll move out if the rules change. But he said it is more convenient for him to stay in the Capitol complex.
Watchdog calls for crack down on Congress sleepovers - Politics - Capitol Hill - msnbc.com

Why in gods Name would this be a problem?

In my opinion each state should maintain condos or apts for their congressional representatives while in DC.

yeah great another expense for the taxpayer.

It matters not one whit where a congress critter sleeps.

yeah great another expense for the taxpayer.

It matters not one whit where a congress critter sleeps.

No shit, they already get a very nice pay check, all sorts of Kick backs. Free medical, A pension, and now you want us to provide them housing as well?

Fuck That!

It's just more nanny state bullshit.

The American people supposedly own the buildings and if most of them don't give a shit why should it matter?

It's just more nanny state bullshit.

The American people supposedly own the buildings and if most of them don't give a shit why should it matter?

Why not let all government workers sleep in their offices? They make less than congressmen

Forum List

Back