Sleep Divorce ..

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
Same room, .. same bed .. same wonderful wife but mmm.. (man cave) ..:eusa_think:

If your partner keeps you awake at night snoring, getting up frequently, stealing the covers, or just being generally annoying in bed, it might be time for a divorce. A sleep divorce, that is.

What is Sleep Divorce - Should You and Your Partner Sleep Apart?

The social norm of married couples sleeping together in one bed is actually not that firmly established, either. Atlas Obscura explains that households right up through Victorian times often bedded down together, both out of necessity and to foster community. In the Middle Ages, peasants often slept on the floor with the entire family — livestock included — to keep warm and safe during the night. And as beds became fashionable in the 15th century, people built them as big and opulent as they could afford, with enough room for everyone to share and bond as they cuddled. Only the very upper crust would have had more than one bed, and even then, servants often slept with their lords and ladies so they could be at their beck and call at a moment’s notice.

etc.... ;)... and worth the read..

Ah, a thread about sleep. I can dig this. :bigbed:

Know what I love about my bed, OP? My mattress is not Lumpy. :eusa_shifty:

My grandparents slept in different rooms. As soon as an empty room became available, my mom made it her she-cave. I am not sure it is that uncommon of a practice. The lady up the street and I were talking and she said her husband basically lives in the basement and she lives upstairs. Do whatever works for you.

th-11.jpeg

Some sleep problems go away when people get a memory foam mattress, and if there aren't funds for that, Walmart has affordable memory foam in several bed sizes that are better than nothing, and they can help even good mattresses that are a few years old. As one ages, it is smart to get waterproof mattress covers for the top foam mattresses and pull up britches for anyone over 60 with a bad cough.

eds-sleep-apnea-non-medication-improve-osa.png

Ways to improve OSA that aren't medications:
Medical devices and procedures for OSA to help keep the airway open at night
  • CPAP* machine
  • Dental appliances to move the lower jaw and tongue
  • Surgery on the upper airway, nasal passages, or jaw
  • Positional therapy
  • Devices to stimulate nerves that control muscles in the upper airway during sleep
Lifestyle changes
  • Losing weight
  • Avoiding alcohol and sedatives
  • Quitting smoking
Excessive Sleepiness Related to OSA: Treatment Options | A Different Kind of Tired™
Melatonin is a sleep remedy that works well for some but not for others. Keep in mind your body used to manufacture its own melatonin, but as you grow past 45 your body may slack off its prouction. Replace it, and keep trying. Because if you've been losing sleep for a long time, your body is way low and may take a month to build back up when you supply the melatonin. In the meantime, I've found a great tea that is great to help with getting an even better response in concert with the 5 mg strawberry melatonin you can get at Wally World, and it's not expensive. The tea is called "Sleepytime," and the manufacturer is Celestial Seasonings.
th
th
th

You should be sleeping like a baby once you add an extra memory foam on top of your already-good mattress.

Best wishes, and it's time for my tea. Good night and sweet dreams, everybody. :bigbed:

Thanks for your tips, O Lumpy one. :thup:

Some sleep problems go away when people get a memory foam mattress, and if there aren't funds for that, Walmart has affordable memory foam in several bed sizes that are better than nothing, and they can help even good mattresses that are a few years old. As one ages, it is smart to get waterproof mattress covers for the top foam mattresses and pull up britches for anyone over 60 with a bad cough.

• CPAP* machine
  • Positional therapy
  • Devices to stimulate nerves that control muscles in the upper airway during sleep
Lifestyle changes
  • Losing weight
  • Quitting smoking
Excessive Sleepiness Related to OSA: Treatment Options | A Different Kind of Tired™
Melatonin is a sleep remedy that works well for some but not for others. Keep in mind your body used to manufacture its own melatonin, but as you grow past 45 your body may slack off its prouction. Replace it, and keep trying. Because if you've been losing sleep for a long time, your body is way low and may take a month to build back up when you supply the melatonin. In the meantime, I've found a great tea that is great to help with getting an even better response in concert with the 5 mg strawberry melatonin you can get at Wally World, and it's not expensive. The tea is called "Sleepytime," and the manufacturer is Celestial Seasonings.
th
th
th

You should be sleeping like a baby once you add an extra memory foam on top of your already-good mattress.

Best wishes, and it's time for my tea. Good night and sweet dreams, everybody. :bigbed:

Snoring?

That's been solved.

Mute Snoring - Breathe More, Snore Less, Sleep Better

I've heard people say some good things about weighted blankets improving their sleep, but I am not paying hundreds of dollars for one. Basically it is a blanket that weights about 10% as much as you do so if you weigh 200lbs, you would buy a 20 pound weighted blanket.

• CPAP* machine
  • Positional therapy
Lifestyle changes
  • Losing weight
  • Quitting smoking
th
th
th

I just thought it was an interesting .. trend? I figure regular folks like me don't have the option, although now that the kids have flown the nest there are extra rooms.

Eh. I like things the way they are and I mostly sleep rather easily.

Do whatever works for you.
I second this.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. The mattress that I sleep on is one that I have had for almost 26 years now and I have no complaints. To me, you would never know that it is that old by looking at it because it isn't stained or messed up in any way. :D :D :D

Forum List

Back