Slaves were "workers" that were "recruited" to labor in the Plantations

How do you enslave people that are your equal?
Guns, swords, whips, chains, outnumbering them, bringing them to areas where they don't know the topography so they can't escape.

no mention of them being captured as prisoners in tribal wars and sold?..gee, isn't THAT..convenient ...no mention that slavery continues in africa...

it's all the evilwhiteredneckcrackerkkknazitrailetrash who just sailed up and said get on the boat....LMAO..you guys have a deep deficit when it comes to knowing and understanding history. Public school student, I assume?

I see you haven't been reading my posts.
I already stated that it all started when African families sold their kids for money.
You are yet another knee-jerk Conservative idiot.
Not that I haven't known already that for a while.
:blahblah:

An Illegal alien is an undocumented alien, yes. A forced migrant is a slave sounds better to the PC far right reactionaries. Heavens we tell the truth; it might offend the far right.
PC is a monolithic doctrine. It's time we got rid of the term 'slave'as it may be offensive to some. For example: your great-great-great grandpappy was not a slave owner, he owned forced migrants!

PC FOREVER!!!
You sound as confused as usual.
Straighten me out. Please inform us of the parameters of political correctness. Otherwise we will be confused.

Guns, swords, whips, chains, outnumbering them, bringing them to areas where they don't know the topography so they can't escape.

no mention of them being captured as prisoners in tribal wars and sold?..gee, isn't THAT..convenient ...no mention that slavery continues in africa...

it's all the evilwhiteredneckcrackerkkknazitrailetrash who just sailed up and said get on the boat....LMAO..you guys have a deep deficit when it comes to knowing and understanding history. Public school student, I assume?

I already stated that it all started when African families sold their kids for money.

But then again, the Dutch learned from the Romans, etc...
Nothing is new under the sun.

In British America, only blacks could be enslaved legally by the 1750s, so, yeah, Tank, for once in a long time, you are right.

Read The Lost German Slave Girl - Amazon.com Amazon.com, Inc.
The Lost German Slave Girl: The Extraordinary True Story of Sally Miller and Her Fight for Freedom in Old New Orleans [John Bailey] on Amazon.com. *FREE* ...
They were enslaved due to their low IQ levels, skin color didn't matter
Ridiculous; I have met Blacks from the ghetto as part of my work and many of them are as clever as any Caucasian.

it's a fact that mongoloid (asians) have average IQ's as much as one standard deviation above caucasians...It is also true that negroes have an average IQ one standard deviation lower than caucasians...sub saharn african IQ are in the 70's...classified as "retarded"...
Hybrid negroes that have some caucasian DNA is the reason that the average negro IQ in america is as "high" as it is around 85....borderline retarded....
as always there are some outliers, though and their above average IQ does "stand out"..especially when compared to the average.
Obviously you have no idea how ignorant and ridiculous this is.

IQ is valid and those are facts
In British America, only blacks could be enslaved legally by the 1750s, so, yeah, Tank, for once in a long time, you are right.

Read The Lost German Slave Girl - Amazon.com Amazon.com, Inc.
The Lost German Slave Girl: The Extraordinary True Story of Sally Miller and Her Fight for Freedom in Old New Orleans [John Bailey] on Amazon.com. *FREE* ...
They were enslaved due to their low IQ levels, skin color didn't matter
Ridiculous; I have met Blacks from the ghetto as part of my work and many of them are as clever as any Caucasian.

it's a fact that mongoloid (asians) have average IQ's as much as one standard deviation above caucasians...It is also true that negroes have an average IQ one standard deviation lower than caucasians...sub saharn african IQ are in the 70's...classified as "retarded"...
Hybrid negroes that have some caucasian DNA is the reason that the average negro IQ in america is as "high" as it is around 85....borderline retarded....
as always there are some outliers, though and their above average IQ does "stand out"..especially when compared to the average.
Obviously you have no idea how ignorant and ridiculous this is.

IQ is valid and those are facts
blahblah.gif

But then again, the Dutch learned from the Romans, etc...
Nothing is new under the sun.

It is also taught for Egyptian history, that slaves were only patriarchal, and production work was done by recruited workers. This makes sense, because the only way to make people work for nothing is to castrate them, and there has never been so many eunuchs as the number of slaves quoted.

it should be taught that all slave owners were scum and were too lazy to do an ounce of work themselves. Pathetic.

Slaves owners taught the negros how to be productive and break the cycle of hunter-gatherer/mud hut living.

Seriously? Well...that's what some of our nation's textbooks are saying thanks to the Regressives who are busy rewriting history.

Yup. There was no "slavery" - there were "forced migrations" and "workers" who labored under "slave conditions".

A mom challenges textbook description of slaves as ‘workers’ and wins | Get Schooled
Under the heading “Patterns of Immigration,” the world geography book states: “The Atlantic Slave Trade between the 1500s and 1800s brought millions of workers from Africa to the southern United States to work on agricultural plantations.”

In its public statement, McGraw-Hill Education said:

This week, we became aware of a concern regarding a caption reference to slavery on a map in one of our world geography programs. This program addresses slavery in the world in several lessons and meets the learning objectives of the course. However, we conducted a close review of the content and agree that our language in that caption did not adequately convey that Africans were both forced into migration and to labor against their will as slaves.

We believe we can do better. To communicate these facts more clearly, we will update this caption to describe the arrival of African slaves in the U.S. as a forced migration and emphasize that their work was done as slave labor. These changes will be reflected in the digital version of the program immediately and will be included in the program’s next print run.

Seriously guys? Being captured, sold, and shipped overseas to American Slave Markets is a "forced migration"? And somehow...the condition of slavery (where human beings are owned, bred like livestock, families split up and sold, women raped because they were property....) is not "being a slave" but rather...doing slave labor?

The Texas Board of Education, one of the biggest purchasers of textbooks, is going even further to make slavery sound quaint and charming and minimizing the KKK and Jim Crowe. Sheesh.

The state of Texas, historically, is rather unique in that it may very well be the only state in history that broke away from its motherland TWICE,

just to preserve slavery.

Once from Mexico. Once from the United States.

Forum List

Back