Slavery Reparations

Firstly, Obama has no real place in this discussion. It doesn't matter how he really feels on reparations. If he publically supported it, that would be the end of the Obama campaign. Thus, he does not support it as part of his platform.

Secondly, every post I saw, pro or con, fails to understand the issue at all.

Pro-reparations people would tell you that if you oppose reparations you are pro-100% death tax.

The argument is that slaves were entitled to compensation for their labors, and thus their descendants are entitled to any accumulation of their wealth. Some argue that it is not the government, but the companies and corporations who forced their labor that owes compensation to their victims.

See a case that went no where:
archives.cnn.com/2002/LAW/03/26/slavery.reparations/

In short, companies that that were bought out by or became other companies accumulated wealth, and thus funds for reinvestment and growth, through stolen and forced labor. Those forced into labor should have been invested in that growth.

If you want to check your prejudice, read this page and see if it raises different emotions in you than the American slave debate. Is there really a statute of limitations on forced labor?

religioustolerance.org/fin_nazi.htm

I had been hearing a little bit lately about Barack Obama being a big advocate for reparations to blacks for slavery. I looked it up a little bit, and there seems to be agreement that he is a "pusher" of reparations for blacks whose ancestors were slaves. The link I'm posting suggests that the campaign (for reparations) and supports are pushing for 777 trillion in reparations.

Obama and the Drive for Slavery Reparations

My opinion: Let's make millions of people (who have never owned slaves) pay trillions of dollars to millions of other people who have never been slaves....:cuckoo:

You haven't heard shit liar. This is one of those right wing smear topics.

You looked it up. Nice. What a joke.

Firstly, Obama has no real place in this discussion. It doesn't matter how he really feels on reparations. If he publically supported it, that would be the end of the Obama campaign. Thus, he does not support it as part of his platform.

Pro-reparations people would tell you that if you oppose reparations you are pro-100% death tax.

The argument is that slaves were entitled to compensation for their labors, and thus their descendants are entitled to any accumulation of their wealth. Some argue that it is not the government, but the companies and corporations who forced their labor that owes compensation to their victims.

In short, companies that that were bought out by or became other companies accumulated wealth, and thus funds for reinvestment and growth, through stolen and forced labor. Those forced into labor should have been invested in that growth.

If you want to check your prejudice, read this page and see if it raises different emotions in you than the American slave debate. Is there really a statute of limitations on forced labor?

this is BRIAN playing the race card. Don't fall for it.

You haven't heard shit liar. This is one of those right wing smear topics.

You looked it up. Nice. What a joke.

You dumb shit. It's taken you this frickin long to even notice this thread, and you want to start this shit up. If I hadn't heard it, I wouldn't have looked it up. It's obviously something that "someone" has heard, thus it wouldn't be available to read about. I never claimed it was true that Obama supported or not supported it. I said that I "heard" that he supported it. I then continued to ask everyone about their thoughts and or other things they may have heard.

I then chose to state my opinion about slavery reparations--whoever supports it. You're the biggest turd in the pond dude. And let me tell you something else numnuts, you want to start neg reppin me based on your own pathetic misinterpretation of words, I'll start neg reppin you every post--because yours really are bullshit.

Firstly, Obama had everything to do with this thread...cosidering I made a specific statement about rumors I had heard. Go back and re-read the OP instead of trolling.

this is BRIAN playing the race card. Don't fall for it.

:clap2: Sealybunghole everyone!! He's a funny funny funny guy.:cuckoo:

How in the hell am I playing the "race" card?

If I was frickin Turkish, I would say the same. There's no reason why anyone should have to pay for the enslavement of another people 4 generations ago. That means you should pay a family of someone your ancestor murdered 150 years ago. :cuckoo:

There's no card to it. Just simple logic and common sense. Something you fail to grasp.

Forum List

Back