Slavery reparations?

Are you for or against slavery reparations?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As discussed earlier in this thread who would we give reparations to? Those who can prove their ancestors were slaves or all African Americans. Also, if the government were to pay, how much and where do they pull the money from? Another loan from China?

If you realized how ignorant you are you would get educated. I clearly posted a precedent where your tax dollars paid for Japanese reparations. How stupid are you?

Wow admitting your getting your ass kicked by a person you think is ignorant doesn't speak well of you.

The Japanese held in internment camps were American citizens they weren't brought over in ships as slaves were and forced to labor in the fields.

It's two totally different things and only a dumbass like you would try to make a comparison.

The problems of poor blacks are caused by social ills within the inner city, such as the breakdown of families, high crime rates, and dependence on welfare, not slavery.

You are weak. :lol:
Those conditions were caused and are the direct result of racism, slavery, and Jim crow. Not that I think about it we need to add on some income discrepancy pay for not even being hired or paid the same wages during the Jim Crow era.

No I think those (internment) conditions were cause by a war with a Japanese. Discrepancy pay for a job that they were never hired for. Yes the highlighted part of your comment is correct.

Since blacks and the French originally kidnapped and sold black people in slavery...shouldn't they be seeking reparations from African blacks and the French?

Yes but the US has a precedent so we would work on that first.

These people don't qualify. They got theirs already.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/26/u...llions.html?smid=tw-share&pagewanted=all&_r=0

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4ztSaucNpA]Stossel: Why is the Government Paying Farmers $2 Billion? - YouTube[/ame]

Thats separate. Thats since slavery ended. More like an extra count in the crime on Black people.

And here I thought all those slaves and those who bought them were dead. I guess medical technology was better than I thought.

Yay for Obamacare :cool:

Master goal post mover. :lol:
The Japanese set a precedent dumbass. I guess you completely missed the highlighted part about their heirs.

You're the one trying to move the goalpost going from slavery to internment camps, two totally different events that has nothing to do with one another.

No you tried to do that. I used it as a precedent for righting a wrong. Where did I say it was the same thing? You are confused again moron.

Now you resort to lying? You're the one that brought up Japanese internment camps you lying puke!

Slavery wasn't legally wrong you stupid fuck. Morally yes, legally no. You can't sue on the basis of morality and you can't prove a crime was committed so you have no case. All you have is the argument and that gets you nowhere.

You're the one trying to move the goalpost going from slavery to internment camps, two totally different events that has nothing to do with one another.

No you tried to do that. I used it as a precedent for righting a wrong. Where did I say it was the same thing? You are confused again moron.

Now you resort to lying? You're the one that brought up Japanese internment camps you lying puke!

Slavery wasn't legally wrong you stupid fuck. Morally yes, legally no. You can't sue on the basis of morality and you can't prove a crime was committed so you have no case. All you have is the argument and that gets you nowhere.

No you are lying. I brought them up as a precedent. I never said they were the same thing. You tried to make that argument, failed, and proved how stupid you are. Sorry clown.

And here I thought all those slaves and those who bought them were dead. I guess medical technology was better than I thought.

I wonder what them being dead has to do with the income that would be passed on to their heirs? :cool:

I wonder what income they would have had 150 years ago, in Africa? Prolly much better than what they are getting here eh?

Thanks Sunni for the idea (sorta) re: 40 acres and a mule. :)

For.

We kidnapped them, enslaved them, should pay backwages. Fair's fair.

If you feel guilty, then you pay.
I didn't do anything to anyone

You dont have enough money on your own. It would come out of your tax dollars.

Yeah, I know. And it is morons like delt4, that think we should pay for all of eternity, even though we did not do the enslaving

I wonder what them being dead has to do with the income that would be passed on to their heirs? :cool:

I wonder what income they would have had 150 years ago, in Africa? Prolly much better than what they are getting here eh?

What does that have to do with the US paying reparations? Was that a goal post move?

If you feel guilty, then you pay.
I didn't do anything to anyone

You dont have enough money on your own. It would come out of your tax dollars.

Yeah, I know. And it is morons like delt4, that think we should pay for all of eternity, even though we did not do the enslaving

No one should pay for eternity. Pay what you (the US) owes based on the 40 acres and a mule promise and move on. Isnt that what people say about Blacks and slavery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back