Slavery reparations?

Are you for or against slavery reparations?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They participated in the commision of the crime.

Where's your evidence?

And you do know that those accused of a crime has a right to a speedy trial, the right to confront the witnesses against them and be tried by an impartial jury of the State and district in which the crime shall have been committed. Surely you wouldn't want to disregard the 6th amendment.

Not really. This would not be an individual thing. This would be the government of the US as the defendant silly.

Japanese American internment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 1988, Congress passed and President Ronald Reagan signed legislation that apologized for the internment on behalf of the U.S. government. The legislation said that government actions were based on "race prejudice, war hysteria, and a failure of political leadership".[12] The U.S. government eventually disbursed more than $1.6 billion in reparations to Japanese Americans who had been interned and their heirs

The US government broke no laws, and you have no proof that it did. Besides the individuals involved are all dead.

BTW ...This isn't about the Japanese Americans dumbass.

The right can gain NO ground in this country by claiming that black people and anyone who supports their fellow Americans who are black are the ones who are the racists.

Its get you nothing

not one fucking vote.

it just make you look even more racist

Where has "the right " made that claim?

Thanks Sunni for the idea (sorta) re: 40 acres and a mule. :)

For.

We kidnapped them, enslaved them, should pay backwages. Fair's fair.

How do you calculate back wages? If you really want to calculate back wages just calculate how much the average west African makes and compare it to how much an African American makes. Then send them a bill for the difference! If back wages is your standard then the way I see it your reparations scheme is going in the wrong direction!

I already stated that all you have to do is calculate the value of the 40 acres and the mule starting at the going prices for that time then tack on accumulated interest since the failed promise.

Your math is wrong. You need to calculate the average African American income and subtract the average West African income. After that you should get billed the difference.

Allow me to demonstrate.

The average yearly income for African Americans is $33,460
The average yearly income for each person in West Africa is $309

How much the Average African American owes to slavery
$33,460 - $309 = $33,151.00

The way I see it you owe $33,151 a year. Will you pay in cash, check, or credit/debit card? EBT Is not an option!

BlackDemographics.com | INCOME
News & Broadcast - West Africa: Facts and Figures

Sue me.

And good luck

Why would I sue you? You dont have anything to sue for. if I was inclined to pursue it against the Federal government your tax dollars would surely go to pay for it.

If you realized how foolish you sound you would shut up.

If you realized how ignorant you are you would get educated. I clearly posted a precedent where your tax dollars paid for Japanese reparations. How stupid are you?

How do you calculate back wages? If you really want to calculate back wages just calculate how much the average west African makes and compare it to how much an African American makes. Then send them a bill for the difference! If back wages is your standard then the way I see it your reparations scheme is going in the wrong direction!

I already stated that all you have to do is calculate the value of the 40 acres and the mule starting at the going prices for that time then tack on accumulated interest since the failed promise.

Your math is wrong. You need to calculate the average African American income and subtract the average West African income. After that you should get billed the difference.

Allow me to demonstrate.

The way I see it you owe $33,151 a year. Will you pay in cash, check, or credit/debit card? EBT Is not an option!

I guess you see just about as good as you can comprehend reparations. Wages have nothing to do with reparations. 40 acres and a mule was the promise not back wages. I thought you knew that?

Last edited:
The right can gain NO ground in this country by claiming that black people and anyone who supports their fellow Americans who are black are the ones who are the racists.

Its get you nothing

not one fucking vote.

you did idiot.

You have done nothing but spew hate on black people for years here.

did you think no one notices?

Allow me to demonstrate.

Wages have nothing to do with reparations. 40 acres and a mule was the promise not back wages. I thought you knew that?

I hear Liberia is nice this time of year. Would you like 40 acres and a mule combined with a free ticket in beautiful Monrovia? It's a party 24/7 in Monrovia!

Last edited by a moderator:
Where's your evidence?

And you do know that those accused of a crime has a right to a speedy trial, the right to confront the witnesses against them and be tried by an impartial jury of the State and district in which the crime shall have been committed. Surely you wouldn't want to disregard the 6th amendment.

Not really. This would not be an individual thing. This would be the government of the US as the defendant silly.

In 1988, Congress passed and President Ronald Reagan signed legislation that apologized for the internment on behalf of the U.S. government. The legislation said that government actions were based on "race prejudice, war hysteria, and a failure of political leadership".[12] The U.S. government eventually disbursed more than $1.6 billion in reparations to Japanese Americans who had been interned and their heirs

The US government broke no laws, and you have no proof that it did. Besides the individuals involved are all dead.

Master goal post mover. :lol:
The Japanese set a precedent dumbass. I guess you completely missed the highlighted part about their heirs.

Allow me to demonstrate.

Wages have nothing to do with reparations. 40 acres and a mule was the promise not back wages. I thought you knew that?

I hear Liberia is nice this time of year. Would you like 40 acres and a mule combined with a free ticket in beautiful Monrovia?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-vsrMGu3-g]Holiday In Monrovia - YouTube[/ame]

That would be cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would I sue you? You dont have anything to sue for. if I was inclined to pursue it against the Federal government your tax dollars would surely go to pay for it.

If you realized how foolish you sound you would shut up.

If you realized how ignorant you are you would get educated. I clearly posted a precedent where your tax dollars paid for Japanese reparations. How stupid are you?

Wow admitting your getting your ass kicked by a person you think is ignorant doesn't speak well of you.

The Japanese held in internment camps were American citizens they weren't brought over in ships as slaves were and forced to labor in the fields.

It's two totally different things and only a dumbass like you would try to make a comparison.

The problems of poor blacks are caused by social ills within the inner city, such as the breakdown of families, high crime rates, and dependence on welfare, not slavery.

I hear Liberia is nice this time of year. Would you like 40 acres and a mule combined with a free ticket in beautiful Monrovia?

That would be cool.

I knew compromise was possible!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT3eDtCZ4t8]Offering Black People Free Trips Back to Africa (Racist Prank Gone Wrong) - YouTube[/ame]

Thats not a compromise. You are throwing in a free ticket to Liberia to boot? Thats a bonus.

Its get you nothing

not one fucking vote.

you did idiot.

You have done nothing but spew hate on black people for years here.

did you think no one notices?

Yes I did and that is my opinion. But I do not speak for "the right".

If the truth is hateful then so be it.

Master goal post mover. :lol:
The Japanese set a precedent dumbass. I guess you completely missed the highlighted part about their heirs.

You're the one trying to move the goalpost going from slavery to internment camps, two totally different events that has nothing to do with one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back