Slavery Reparations is immoral

I will gladly give everything I owe to a person who can prove they are a former slave and I owned.

This whole slavery reparations stuff will thankfully go away after the election. It's just a talking point to try and get more votes.
Do you have the crazy idea that taxing based on skin color is unworkable or something?

No. People should get paid what they are worth. If you are the best athlete in the world, get paid like the best in the world. If you are the best doctor in the world, get paid like you are the best doctor in the world. If you are the best janitor in the world, get paid like you are the best janitor.

People shouldn't be taxed based on skin color, they should be taxed based on how much they make.

I will gladly give everything I owe to a person who can prove they are a former slave and I owned.

This whole slavery reparations stuff will thankfully go away after the election. It's just a talking point to try and get more votes.
Do you have the crazy idea that taxing based on skin color is unworkable or something?

In a nation where a large segment of the population is of mixed race, and many people aren't all that sure of their heritage anyway? Yes.

Slavery Reparations is immoral and unreasonable

Cory Booker introduces Senate bill on slavery reparations

Cory Booker was introduced a Senate bill on slavery reparations. There are also other 2020 Democrat candidates who are talking about reparations. Booker, Harris, Warren and Sanders are all talking about Slavery Reparation.

Candidates edge toward discussing slavery reparations

Not all people of color in the United States are descended from slaves, and not all are impoverished. It’s also expensive and would cost the U.S. government $6 trillion to as much as $14 trillion. University of Connecticut professor Thomas Craemer arrived at that range by calculating the value of slave labor at prevailing wages from 1776 to 1865, compounded at 3 percent annually.

Slavery Reparations is immoral because it would punish innocent people and it would reward non-victims. There are no living slaves and there are no living slave owners. It would be like punishing a person for something that their friend did or a sibling did. It’s immoral to punish people for something that they had no control of. The Dem candidates are not just pandering for votes, they are trying to buy votes with your money. The constitution treats people as individuals, not as groups.
The Democratic Party is afraid of losing its 50 year hold on Black voters. The money will not come from the GOVERNMENT. It will come from US --- the citizens of the US. One problem is that many States had no slavery. Why should they pay anything? My ancestors came from Germany and the Alsace Lorraine region in the 1890's (they emigrated to Philadelphia) --- years after the South lost its "right" to have slaves . Black students have been bused all over. They have been afforded leverage in getting into various colleges and universities. Anyone who was ever a slave in the US is now long dead. The Democrats who controlled slavery in the OLD SOUTH need to empty their OWN coffers and pockets and quit making it seem that THEY THEMSELVES were not the biggest perpetrators of SLAVERY, the Civil War, and JIM CROW legislation.

There were Northern boys who fought against the DEMOCRATIC SOUTH from Maine, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, etc., who died fighting in the Civil War. WHAT REPARATIONS DO THEY GET and their decedents! Oh yes, they get a bronze marker and a flag on their graves to mark the occasion on Memorial Day...

Last edited:
Slavery Reparations is immoral and unreasonable

Cory Booker introduces Senate bill on slavery reparations

Cory Booker was introduced a Senate bill on slavery reparations. There are also other 2020 Democrat candidates who are talking about reparations. Booker, Harris, Warren and Sanders are all talking about Slavery Reparation.

Candidates edge toward discussing slavery reparations

Not all people of color in the United States are descended from slaves, and not all are impoverished. It’s also expensive and would cost the U.S. government $6 trillion to as much as $14 trillion. University of Connecticut professor Thomas Craemer arrived at that range by calculating the value of slave labor at prevailing wages from 1776 to 1865, compounded at 3 percent annually.

Slavery Reparations is immoral because it would punish innocent people and it would reward non-victims. There are no living slaves and there are no living slave owners. It would be like punishing a person for something that their friend did or a sibling did. It’s immoral to punish people for something that they had no control of. The Dem candidates are not just pandering for votes, they are trying to buy votes with your money. The constitution treats people as individuals, not as groups.
Slavery reparations as originally proposed, was a damned great idea. It never happened. Um, I keep thinking of the American Indian treaties that never happened as well, so I backtrack...So I get it. Life and history moves on. Um now? If I was a grifter looking for an angle to play. I couldn't think of a better angle. Race gets em' every time.

In a nation where a large segment of the population is of mixed race, and many people aren't all that sure of their heritage anyway? Yes.
Darn right! Dinesh D'Souza has darker skin than Barack Obama, it's all such foolishness, and no doubt it will get lots of play around elections and forgotten in-between.

I am serious, if I wasn't a grifter and I was black, I wouldn't take reparations for slavery seriously because the people that actually were owed it died 150 years ago. And now? They come off as con artists or baiting political race hucksters.

Darn right! Dinesh D'Souza has darker skin than Barack Obama, it's all such foolishness, and no doubt it will get lots of play around elections and forgotten in-between.

Well, take my family, for example. 150 years ago or so, my ancestors owned slaves. Today, my family includes multiple black descendants of those ancestors, as well as other races and ethnicities. Are my relative supposed to pay reparations to themselves? Is my family going to just trade some money back and forth between ourselves?

It's been too long and too much has changed for any of this reference back to the distant past to be relevant or workable.

Well, take my family, for example. 150 years ago or so, my ancestors owned slaves. Today, my family includes multiple black descendants of those ancestors, as well as other races and ethnicities. Are my relative supposed to pay reparations to themselves? Is my family going to just trade some money back and forth between ourselves?

It's been too long and too much has changed for any of this reference back to the distant past to be relevant or workable.
It's a way for Democrats to stir up anger hate and division, just like they always have.

With Trump's fabulous economy, what else are they going to do?

Forum List

Back