Skype help

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Okay the one question I can't find an answer for is how to make FREE PC to PC calls using Skype. I have NO contacts as of yet so I can't use that route (click on your contact instructions). I have no Skype number as that costs money (negating the free......).
I've asked (elsewhere) if one needs a Skype number and I get less than helpful, terse "no"s but nothing else.
Skype wont be clear because they want us to buy, buy, buy. :mad:

We use it for my wife's family in Mexico and have never paid anything.
Having said that, it has been awhile since I set it up.
I am at work now. but I will be glad to look into the properties and see what I did later today

I am at work now. but I will be glad to look into the properties and see what I did later today

I think all one needs is the persons' Skype ID but I have no idea how to use it.
My wifes' perspective employer want's to do a Skype conference call so he would be calling her.

I think all one needs is the persons' Skype ID but I have no idea how to use it.
My wifes' perspective employer want's to do a Skype conference call so he would be calling her.

When my 11 yo son gets home from school I'll have him tell ya.

When my 11 yo son gets home from school I'll have him tell ya.

:lol:
Normally I can figure this stuff out but not this one. No direct "how-tos" (I can find) that answer my question.

It is a bit more than that to get it to work.
I do remember all you need is their Skype ID - however to get the video and audio to both work you need to play around a bit. I remember having to do that.
Well...now that I say that, I am using skype on LinuxMint...prolly different than Windows.

My wife uses Windows. Thanks anyway.

Basically what I'm gathering is we provide the Skype ID to the person who want's to call us and they can call........ ?

Yup, it really is that simple.
I figured as much but there was nothing I could find that specifically said that. The guy doing the interview is the tech guy, it wouldn't look good to have my wife tell him we didn't know how to set up or use Skype......... :lol:

They are also now owned by Microsoft, and are completely headquartered in Lichtenstein, or Luxembourg or somewhere, precisely to avoid taxes and avoid privacy laws.

Interesting since most of Europe has stricter privacy laws and higher taxes than the US.

Last edited:
It was just revealed last week that Skype has been giving all their data to the NSA.

Yup and NSA knows I'm some radical terrorist bent on destroying the world. That's why they've already had the CIA rendition me to Egypt and I'm posting while they're torturing me. Then they're gonna abandon me out in the desert so Obama can target me with a drone.

Okay the one question I can't find an answer for is how to make FREE PC to PC calls using Skype. I have NO contacts as of yet so I can't use that route (click on your contact instructions). I have no Skype number as that costs money (negating the free......).
I've asked (elsewhere) if one needs a Skype number and I get less than helpful, terse "no"s but nothing else.

You can only get "Free PC to PC" calls if you have people in your contact list. The terse no is correct, you do not need a number, but you do need friends.

You can only get "Free PC to PC" calls if you have people in your contact list. The terse no is correct, you do not need a number, but you do need friends.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITGAdR77YEY]Shrek - I'm All Alone... - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back