Six men arrested for burning Koran and then putting video of it on Youtube

Why any "normal" person would be offended by burning a (poorly written) book like the Qur'an is beyond me. It is just a book!! Wanna burn the flag? Go for it! It's a piece of fabric. Want to burn the Constitution or the Bible? Go for it!!

The ideas behind the flag, the Constitution, the Bible, and the Qur'an are not going to die in the ashes of anyone's fire.

If you weren't a stupid asshole I'd explain. Given that you are...thanks for sharing.

No, Zander is right. If you can't carry on an adult conversation, please just listen.

Zander, for the first time in a very long time, is on the side of the angels. Burning the Koran is not a hate crime. It is vile and offensive and absolutely insensitive, but it is not a hate crime.

Now I understand that where Zander and I part roads is that he has trouble with those who make fun of him, and oh boy do I. He's a moron. But on this issue he is 100% right.

Why any "normal" person would be offended by burning a (poorly written) book like the Qur'an is beyond me. It is just a book!! Wanna burn the flag? Go for it! It's a piece of fabric. Want to burn the Constitution or the Bible? Go for it!!

The ideas behind the flag, the Constitution, the Bible, and the Qur'an are not going to die in the ashes of anyone's fire.

If you weren't a stupid asshole I'd explain. Given that you are...thanks for sharing.

Get help for your anger issues. Seriously, you are one twisted person. :cuckoo:

I am touched that they did this in England over what Islam did to America

:clap2:

Other than that, it was pretty idiotic to pour gas on it like that, they behaved dangerously to the neighborhood and it's a good thing they didn't set themselves on fire.

Nope, But one could draw some parallels between what has been happening in the UK, and what is yet to happen here.

You mean like having a State Religion? Nope, the theocons haven't won that battle yet.

The only lunatics who want a state religion are the atheists.

Unless you know different? Link to cons supporting "state" religion?

Does wanting to teach creationism in state run schools count? Or wanting to ban abortion nationwide? How about supporting israel so that they can rebuild their temple to prepare for the second cuming of JCSuperstar? Mebbe even "One nation under god"?

You mean like having a State Religion? Nope, the theocons haven't won that battle yet.

The only lunatics who want a state religion are the atheists.

Unless you know different? Link to cons supporting "state" religion?

Does wanting to teach creationism in state run schools count? Or wanting to ban abortion nationwide? How about supporting israel so that they can rebuild their temple to prepare for the second cuming of JCSuperstar? Mebbe even "One nation under god"?

The First Prayer in Congress
The First Prayer in Congress

the-first-prayer-in-congress-september-1774.jpg

The Actual First prayer

"Lord our Heavenly Father, High and Mighty King of kings, and Lord of lords, who dost from thy throne behold all the dwellers on earth and reignest with power supreme and uncontrolled over all the Kingdoms, Empires and Governments; look down in mercy, we beseech thee, on these our American States, who have fled to thee from the rod of the oppressor and thrown themselves on Thy gracious protection, desiring to be henceforth dependent on Thee, to Thee have they appealed for the righteousness of their cause; to Thee do they now look up for that countenance and support, which Thou alone canst give; take them, therefore, Heavenly Father, under Thy nurturing care; give them wisdom in Council and valor in the field; defeat the malicious designs of our cruel adversaries; convince them of the unrighteousness of their Cause and if they persist in their sanguinary purposes, of own unerring justice, sounding in their hearts, constrain them to drop the weapons of war from their unnerved hands in the day of battle! Be Thou present, O God of wisdom, and direct the councils of this honorable assembly; enable them to settle things on the best and surest foundation. That the scene of blood may be speedily closed; that order, harmony and peace may be effectually restored, and truth and justice, religion and piety, prevail and flourish amongst Thy people. Preserve the health of their bodies and vigor of their minds; shower down on them and the millions they here represent, such temporal blessings as Thou seest expedient for them in this world and crown them with everlasting glory in the world to come. all this we ask In the Name and through the merits of Jesus Christ, Thy Son and our Savior.

Amen."

The First Prayer offered in Congress

September 7th, 1774 by Jacob Duche in Carpenters Hall, Philadelphia
First Prayer In Congress

Chaplains and Congress: An Overview from 1774 to early 1800's

Hell we could have all these documents destoried
Religion and the Congress of the Confederation, 1774-89 (Religion and the Founding of the American Republic, Library of Congress Exhibition)

The Office of the Chaplain, United States House of Representatives

Who would have thought what a concept "history"

OH ALMOST FORGOT
In God we trust

The Star Spangled Banner
In 1814, Francis Scott Key wrote the poem, Defense of Fort McHenry. The poem was later put to the tune of (John Stafford Smith's song) The Anacreontic Song, modified somewhat, and retitled The Star Spangled Banner. Congress proclaimed The Star Spangled Banner the U.S. National Anthem in 1931.
Oh, say, can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hail'd at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, thro' the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watch'd, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof thro' the night that our flag was still there.
O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore dimly seen thro' the mists of the deep,
Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
In full glory reflected, now shines on the stream:
'Tis the star-spangled banner: O, long may it wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion
A home and a country should leave us no more?
Their blood has wash'd out their foul footsteps' pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

O, thus be it ever when freemen shall stand,
Between their lov'd homes and the war's desolation;
Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the heav'n-rescued land
Praise the Pow'r that hath made and preserv'd us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust"
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
http://www.scoutsongs.com/lyrics/starspangledbanner.html

The American form of government in our Constitution is founded on no higher power than "We the People." Religious as well as freethinking ethics both inform the Constitution, but to suggest that our nation is founded on more than religious and ethical values simply demonstrates those who argue such reveal them to be ignorant, mentally feeble, or malignant.

The American form of government in our Constitution is founded on no higher power than "We the People." Religious as well as freethinking ethics both inform the Constitution, but to suggest that our nation is founded on more than religious and ethical values simply demonstrates those who argue such reveal them to be ignorant, mentally feeble, or malignant.

one more failed reply of the jokester.

Can you show me where it says God Jehovah, Our Father, Jesus Christ, or the Easter Bunny in the Constitution?
You are p'wnd again.

Can you show me where it says God Jehovah, Our Father, Jesus Christ, or the Easter Bunny in the Constitution?
You are p'wnd again.

First Prayer of the Continental Congress, Office of the Chaplain

The Senate chaplain earns $134,000 a year, and the House chaplain earns $153,200
a year. Both work full time, although many previous chaplains maintained pulpits at local
churches while serving Congress. The budgets for their office operations and staff are
included in the annual legislative branch appropriations.
http://lugar.senate.gov/services/pdf_crs/congress/House_and_Senate_Chaplains.pdf

That doesn't mean a thing, bigrebbyrd. Can you show me where it says God Jehovah, Our Father, Jesus Christ, or the Easter Bunny in the Constitution?

You are mistaking that we are a religious nation for the country being a Christian nation. We are the first and not the second.

That doesn't mean a thing, bigrebbyrd. Can you show me where it says God Jehovah, Our Father, Jesus Christ, or the Easter Bunny in the Constitution?

You are mistaking that we are a religious nation for the country being a Christian nation. We are the first and not the second.

The reason you will not find God or Jesus written in the Constitution is because the Constitution is the collar that dictates what the Federal government can and cannot do.. Still that does not change the facts That Chistianty has been a pat of thew basis of the building of America.
And one more time the Congressional chaplain is as old as the Constitution
The Senate chaplain earns $134,000 a year, and the House chaplain earns $153,200
a year. Both work full time, although many previous chaplains maintained pulpits at local
churches while serving Congress. The budgets for their office operations and staff are
included in the annual legislative branch appropriations.
http://lugar.senate.gov/services/pdf..._Chaplains.pdf

But the Constitution is not a religious document, we don't have a religious government. To suggest that somehow it is reveals a very ignorant, feeble, and perhaps malignant mind. Sorry, bigrebbyrd, you are arguing for something that is not so.

But the Constitution is not a religious document, we don't have a religious government. To suggest that somehow it is reveals a very ignorant, feeble, and perhaps malignant mind. Sorry, bigrebbyrd, you are arguing for something that is not so.

yet anyone who would think as you do is negating historical facts about the foundation on what principle's the Constitution was framed after.

Do not steal what I said originally, that this country is founded on religious and spiritual values but not on religion.

Even though you tried to steal my words, I am glad that you are claiming them, because they overrule your earlier arguments. :lol:

Do not steal what I said originally, that this country is founded on religious and spiritual values but not on religion.

Even though you tried to steal my words, I am glad that you are claiming them, because they overrule your earlier arguments. :lol:

I didn't steal anything you said

Don't steal what I write.

Don't steal what I write.

But we have a government that pays to have a Congressional chaplain. have a nice day ol'e pawned one.

Forum List

Back