Six men arrested for burning Koran and then putting video of it on Youtube

The ony thing burning a stupid Koran will achieve is to incite offense and subsequent violence so everyone of you paranoid retards can go around saying "Look, I told you the muslims are violent!".

Read back what you just said, and you tell me what it means... :eusa_eh:

As you wish.

By burning a Koran, the individual seeks to antagonize the target which is some anonymous muslim(s) somewhere in the world. The individual has a preconceived notion that the muslim will subsequently respond violently in some fashion, therefore, after the smoke settles that individual can point the finger and say "look muslims are violent" etc...In a world of youtube and internet this becomes a very easy thing to do.

Any speech that incites religious hatred is not protected speech in the UK:

In 1998, the United Kingdom incorporated the European Convention, and the guarantee of freedom of expression it contains in Article 10, into its domestic law under the Human Rights Act. UK law imposes a number of limitations on freedom of speech not found in some other jurisdictions. For example, its laws recognise the crimes of incitement to racial hatred and incitement to religious hatred.​

Freedom of speech by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then i guess they need to start jailing some of those Jewish hating muslims.

Actually, we do, and you'll probably find that more muslims than any other religions or races have been jailed for inciting religious and racial hatred.

To name but a few:

Abdul Saleem, 32, jailed for three years, nine months.
Ibrahim Hassan, 25, jailed for two years, nine months.
Shah Jalal Hussain, 25, jailed for two years, three months.
Abdul Muhid, 25, jailed for two years.
Abu Hamza, jailed for seven years.
Mizanur Rahman, 24, Umran Javed, 27, and Abdul Muhid, 25, were each jailed for six years for inciting murder and racial hatred during a demonstration against cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed.
Abdul Saleem, 32, jailed for four years for inciting racial hatred.

Seems you guys don't really know very much at all about my country.

Inciting religious hatred or aiding terror organizations and calling for murder?

Abdul Saleem, 32, and Ibrahim Hassan, 25, were convicted of inciting terrorism overseas but cleared of fundraising for terrorists. Abdul Muhid, 25, was found guilty of fund-raising for terrorists.

BBC NEWS | UK | Six guilty of terrorism support

Not exactly the same as burning a book on youtube.

The point of the OP is freedom of speech, is it not? And burning a koran or a bible is not religious hatred, huh? The point is, burn the koran in public or shout your mouth off with religious hatred in the UK and you will likely as not be arrested and charged. You people seem to think we don't punish muslims in the same way as those who burnt the koran. Wrong.

Mizanur Rahman, 24, Umran Javed, 27, and Abdul Muhid, 25, were each jailed for six years for inciting murder and racial hatred during a demonstration against cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed.

A fourth man, 32-year-old Abdul Saleem, was cleared of soliciting murder but convicted of inciting racial hatred. He was jailed for four years.

Rahman had called for British soldiers to come home from Iraq in body bags, and Muhid chanted: "Bomb, bomb the UK".

Outside the court, around 40 demonstrators - most hiding their faces - chanted and held placards.

Among them were a gaggle of women in burkas, who held up a sign which read: "British police go to hell".

Police officers stood by as the group were kept behind barriers across the road.

Judge Brian Barker, the Common Serjeant of London, told the four men their words had been designed to encourage murder and terrorism.

Rahman, 24, of Palmers Green, North London, chanted to the crowd: "Oh Allah, we want to see another 9/11 in Iraq, another 9/11 in Denmark, another 9/11 in Spain, in France, all over Europe."

Javed, from Birmingham, was recorded on video by the police shouting: "Bomb, bomb Denmark. Bomb, bomb U.S.A." Muhid, of Whitechapel, East London, led a crowd in chanting "Bomb, bomb the UK".

Saleem, of Poplar, East London, was heard to chant: "UK you will pay, 7/7 on its way" and "Europe you will pay with your blood".

Judge Barker told the defendants they had subjected London's multi-national citizens to a "barrage of hatred and intolerance, just months after the July 7 outrage".
He added: "Freedoms of speech and assembly have long been jealously guarded by our laws.
"With freedom comes respect and responsibility - none of which was demonstrated by you.
"What you were part of was the complete opposite of peaceful protest."

Veiled protest as race-hate Muslims are jailed | News

Well I believe here in the U.S.there is a pretty clearly defined line between symbolic gestures and threatening murder. Fortunately we don't have a religious hatred law - yet. If so, I would expect the radical atheists to be the first ones jailed.

This is absolutely insane and uncalled for. Freedoms are dissappearing for the sake that Muslims have their way and that we not offend them. Just the other day Muslims said they are offended to hear the chants USA, USA at football games and now we have this. We better wake up America.

Six arrested in Gateshead over 'Koran burning' - Telegraph

Video and warning: Language

YouTube - Chris+Edl+Miller++GATESHEAD+DIVISION+BURN+THE+KORAN+N F S E +G S T Q

Further evidence you're as fucking stupid as the morons you cheer. Really, how fucking stupid are you? Actions have consequences, and only dumb fucking cowards applaud such stupidity.
Of course, you're likely too stupid to understand.
I suppose you want everyone to believe you're a Christian? One tenet of Christianity is to love thy neighbor, another is the Golden Rule.
Rejecting those values makes you a stupid asshole.

Well I believe here in the U.S.there is a pretty clearly defined line between symbolic gestures and threatening murder. Fortunately we don't have a religious hatred law - yet. If so, I would expect the radical atheists to be the first ones jailed.

You 'think'? Hate crimes exist: CA Penal Code Sec. 422,6

(a)No person, whether or not acting under color of law, shall by force or threat of force, willfully injure, intimidate, interfere with, oppress, or threaten any other person in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him or her by the Constitution or laws of this state or by the Constitution or laws of the United States in whole or in part because of one or more of the actual or perceived characteristics of the victim listed in subdivision (a) of Section 422.55.

(b)No person, whether or not acting under color of law, shall knowingly deface, damage, or destroy the real or personal property of any other person for the purpose of intimidating or interfering with the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to the other person by the Constitution or laws of this state or by the Constitution or laws of the United States, in whole or in part because of one or more of the actual or perceived characteristics of the victim listed in subdivision (a) of Section 422.55.

(c)Any person convicted of violating subdivision (a) or (b) shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail not to exceed one year, or by a fine not to exceed five thousand dollars ($5,000), or by both the above imprisonment and fine, and the court shall order the defendant to perform a minimum of community service, not to exceed 400 hours, to be performed over a period not to exceed 350 days, during a time other than his or her hours of employment or school attendance. However, no person may be convicted of violating subdivision (a) based upon speech alone, except upon a showing that the speech itself threatened violence against a specific person or group of persons and that the defendant had the apparent ability to carry out the threat.

(d)Conduct that violates this and any other provision of law, including, but not limited to, an offense described in Article 4.5 (commencing with Section 11410) of Chapter 3 of Title 1 of Part 4, may be charged under all applicable provisions. However, an act or omission punishable in different ways by this section and other provisions of law shall not be punished under more than one provision, and the penalty to be imposed shall be determined as set forth in Section 654.

How many "radical atheists" are there and where are they. You must know since you must have seen them, otherwise why would you post such a thing?

Protesting is not a crime in this country. If it is not a crime, how can it be a hate crime?

Because the legislature made it so. Protesting is not a crime, protesting*** by hanging a noose on a tree in the front yard of someone is an implied threat; if the intent is as described in the Penal Code noted above, it is a crime.

***this is an example. I note that it is because RW thinkers are concrete 'thinkers' and too stupid to understand the example is not intended to represent a specific event.

Why any "normal" person would be offended by burning a (poorly written) book like the Qur'an is beyond me. It is just a book!! Wanna burn the flag? Go for it! It's a piece of fabric. Want to burn the Constitution or the Bible? Go for it!!

The ideas behind the flag, the Constitution, the Bible, and the Qur'an are not going to die in the ashes of anyone's fire.

Why any "normal" person would be offended by burning a (poorly written) book like the Qur'an is beyond me. It is just a book!! Wanna burn the flag? Go for it! It's a piece of fabric. Want to burn the Constitution or the Bible? Go for it!!

The ideas behind the flag, the Constitution, the Bible, and the Qur'an are not going to die in the ashes of anyone's fire.

If you weren't a stupid asshole I'd explain. Given that you are...thanks for sharing.

Amen to that!

Protesting is not a crime in this country. If it is not a crime, how can it be a hate crime?

Because the legislature made it so. Protesting is not a crime, protesting*** by hanging a noose on a tree in the front yard of someone is an implied threat; if the intent is as described in the Penal Code noted above, it is a crime.

***this is an example. I note that it is because RW thinkers are concrete 'thinkers' and too stupid to understand the example is not intended to represent a specific event.

Protesting is one thing, making threats is quite another. How is burning the Koran a threat?

Forum List

Back