Sitting is the new Smoking

Katzndogz

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2011
According to "experts" much more deadly.
Nilofer Merchant: Sitting Is the Smoking of Our Generation

Is it time for government to impose regulations on sitting? Ban chairs without a doctor's prescription for instance. Is it enough for separate restaurant groupings with a sitting area and a standing area? Or will side sitting be too detrimental? Standing room only airlines could increase their passenger capacity as could subways and buses.

OSHA needs to start enforcing no sitting rules. It will save lives.

According to "experts" much more deadly.
Nilofer Merchant: Sitting Is the Smoking of Our Generation

Is it time for government to impose regulations on sitting? Ban chairs without a doctor's prescription for instance. Is it enough for separate restaurant groupings with a sitting area and a standing area? Or will side sitting be too detrimental? Standing room only airlines could increase their passenger capacity as could subways and buses.

OSHA needs to start enforcing no sitting rules. It will save lives.

:lol:

Aren't we happy this morning! Baby ... please don't encourage any more bad legislation than what we're already laboring under.

Yup...soon seats in public will be outlawed.

How long before we see these signs posted in public buildings

No sitting within 50' of the entrance of this building

Granny says, "Dat's right...

... when she sittin' in her chair...

... rockin' onna porch...

... don't bother her...

... or ya liable to get whopped...

... upside the head."
:eek:

Granny says, "Dat's right...

... when she sittin' in her chair...

... rockin' onna porch...

... don't bother her...

... or ya liable to get whopped...

... upside the head."
:eek:

LOL! Yep ... don't mess with the Granny or she'll (alternatively) pound you on the fanny.

OMG! When I think of all the time I spent sitting in bars drinking and smoking in my youth...I'm amazed I'm still alive! :eek:

Maybe the booze counteracted the sitting and smoking! :D

Last edited:
Yall do know that, for our health, sitting time will be taxed to prevent health issues.

That's right, the government will be taxing dat ass

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJQhoR2ntug]Tax Men - Tax Dat Ass HD - YouTube[/ame]

Just sayin

Now that this danger to public health has been identified shouldn't the government do something about it?

Yall do know that, for our health, sitting time will be taxed to prevent health issues.

That's right, the government will be taxing dat ass

Tax Men - Tax Dat Ass HD - YouTube

Just sayin

I'm going to bet the other way. Once ObamaCare completely craters our health care system, the government will encourage us to smoke, drink, sit, and eat junk food in order to hasten our deaths. Once we cease being productive tax slaves, the sooner we are made into glue the better.

Forum List

Back