Sirius vs. XM: Which satellite radio is best?

MtnBiker said:
XM has Air America, whoa is Randi Rhoads a wack job or what?!!

I can't stand her voice let alone the content. It isn't that she is liberal I have listened to liberal hosts before with no problem, it is the amount of hate that spews from the fetid hole she calls a mouth.

I tried listening to Al Franken a few times as well. I haven't as many "umm, ummm, errrrr, ummm" since 10th grade speach class. Holy hell its annoying.

Al Franken is a great comedy writer, but not a good performer at all. And DEFINITELY not for radio.

He does have a face for radio.

Heh, yeah. I've never read any of his books, but I do give him credit because he was one of only about three staff writers for the first seasons of SNL (the Belushi, Murray, Ackroyd, etc. years).

Doubled since you boutght at $5? (I am still waiting to break even at $6.....it is trading at less than 5.9 right now....it hasn't traded above 10 since Jan 02.....)

Let me know if you want any stock tips.....it ain't sirius.....

There are way too many shares out there to get excited over any dollar or two change right now....

I have both XM and Siriius, and I am greatly disappointed that Sirius dumped Fox.....I am beginning to adjust to CNN, ABC news, and of course Patriot on Sirius.....

Football and Baseball seem to be the biggest factor.....regarding content.

Unscientifically, I prefer XM's signal to Sirius, though.....it seems a bit "fatter," for the audiofiles out there.....I would like to see the compression settings compared for their systems, though to be fair.....the audio system in my truck (XM)is far superior to the one in my car (S).....but I find the same when I listen to thier streams on the PC.

I would recommend you listen to the streams and check out their full lineups.....

Personal faves: Lucy and Ethel on XM

Ch 22 and 21 on Sirius (Classic Alternative-with some of the best old KROQ DJ's from the late 70s and early 80's- and Alternative Rock with some of the best new "modern/alternative" rock music....and both play a fair amount of foo-foo crap too)

I would look for the best monetary value, unless FOX NEWS would be your tipping point....Sirius HAD a lifetime deal you could buy for $500 and to change radios is only 75 (max 2 changes) XM had a pre-paid 5 yr deal I took advantage of about 3 years ago.....

Just my two cents.......

How's everyone been doing?

Fmr jarhead said:
Doubled since you boutght at $5? (I am still waiting to break even at $6.....it is trading at less than 5.9 right now....it hasn't traded above 10 since Jan 02.....)

Sold it when it reached about $9 (nearly doubled since I bought at 5..) over Christmas, it was a short-termer....

Let me know if you want any stock tips.....it ain't sirius.....

There are way too many shares out there to get excited over any dollar or two change right now....

No thanks. I do well watching the fat companies fall and buying while they are low. Did fantastic (super fantastic) with Apple.... Qwest will bring up my pile too....

How's everyone been doing?
Pretty well, how have you been doing?

i got myself a sirius unit for christmas and love it. take it from the work truck to the house.

no1tovote4 said:
Sold it when it reached about $9 (nearly doubled since I bought at 5..) over Christmas, it was a short-termer....

No thanks. I do well watching the fat companies fall and buying while they are low. Did fantastic (super fantastic) with Apple.... Qwest will bring up my pile too....

Pretty well, how have you been doing?

All's well on this end of the world....no hurricanes, lately, but now there is word that killer bees are in SoFLA. Other than work, there is no good reason to live in Florida, in my opinion.

Forum List

Back