Single payer or a national health service?

We have an amendment process. Period.
I dont understand why so many people support the govt doing whatever in the hell they want

You mean like the GOP. I am not a libertarian, and we need some Fed Gov for rights. Only Dems realize this. If not for Dems we'd all drown.
They do it too!
I understand that. They have enumerated powers. If the govt does what they want and the people are complicit, where is the checks and balances?
Stalin is STILL highly supported in Russia. People like you dont seem much different.

You were born in the wrong century, you should of been born in the 1800's.
So its out of date to support rule of law and checks and balances? LOL

Yes that is why you feel the way you do about government. The EC is no longer needed, and we should have a Rep and Dem as a presidential duo. The most votes goes to one, the second most goes to another. We have to have population votes like Congress does (3/5), the Supreme Court Justices get voted in by the people, and everyone gets civil rights. But we need more females in office as the first 100 or so years women couldn't even vote.

Its too bad you didn't like the ACA because now we have what we had since the Constitution was wrote, the wealthy get healthcare and the poor get to go to ER's and then referred to a family dr they don't have.

Written, not “wrote”. What ewe need is an education.

in what way is it unconstituional if medicare and medicaid are constituional and they are then so is an nhs if we can have publicv police public schools we can have public hospitals
Please show me that enumerated power in the Constitution
US Constitution, Article I, Section 8, Paragraph I (and last paragraph). :dunno:
LOL seriously?
I hate when people use specific parts of the constitution and ause it to mean whatever they want.
I'm just pointing out which article SCOTUS used. You can agree wit it or not, I could give a shit.

You're lucky you even have one.
Metamucil........

Another male talking about Roe V. Wade. Get a life and wear a condom, a good quality condom, its up to you to not get females pg or transfer STD's. You have no right or say when it comes to abortion.

If a male is to be held fiscally responsible for support for the next eighteen years, I believe he should have an equal say.

While I'm on my soapbox, with as effective as DNA is today, the mother must put the name of the father, who is then financially responsible. If "unknown" or she refuses, she is then ineligible for additional benefits. If "unknown" DNA test can be done on the potential father and they then become financially responsible for the next 18 years.

You can spot a fake article by the writing, most have elaborate headlines. You know like Breibart , Daily Caller, Info Wars and the Washington Times and Examiner.

Or, the New York Times, The Nation, MediaMatters, NPR, PBS, and many, many others.

For example. The New York Times printed a story with Nikki Haley in the headline as ordering $52,000 in drapes. Even in the story, Nikki Haley had nothing to do with it and should never have even been mentioned. The drapes were ordered by...ta da...the Obama administration.

MEDIA

3 hours ago [09/14/2018
New York Times admits creating 'unfair impression' about Nikki Haley's $53G curtains that were OK'd by Obama administration
1529679731199.jpg

By Brian Flood | Fox News

The New York Times has added an editor’s note and changed the headline on a story that was widely criticized for reporting U.N. ambassador Nikki Haley has extravagant curtains in her official residence costing nearly $53,000, because the purchase was actually approved in 2016, under the Obama administration.

“An earlier version of this article and headline created an unfair impression about who was responsible for the purchase in question. While Nikki R. Haley is the current ambassador to the United Nations, the decision on leasing the ambassador’s residence and purchasing the curtains was made during the Obama administration, according to current and former officials,” the editor’s note states.

"The decision on leasing the ambassador’s residence and purchasing the curtains was made during the Obama administration."

- New York Times
“The article should not have focused on Ms. Haley, nor should a picture of her have been used. The article and headline have now been edited to reflect those concerns, and the picture has been removed.”

New York Times admits creating 'unfair impression' about Nikki Haley's $53G curtains that were OK'd by Obama administration

You can spot a fake article by the writing, most have elaborate headlines. You know like Breibart , Daily Caller, Info Wars and the Washington Times and Examiner.

Or, the New York Times, The Nation, MediaMatters, NPR, PBS, and many, many others.

For example. The New York Times printed a story with Nikki Haley in the headline as ordering $52,000 in drapes. Even in the story, Nikki Haley had nothing to do with it and should never have even been mentioned. The drapes were ordered by...ta da...the Obama administration.

MEDIA

3 hours ago [09/14/2018
1529679731199.jpg

By Brian Flood | Fox News

The New York Times has added an editor’s note and changed the headline on a story that was widely criticized for reporting U.N. ambassador Nikki Haley has extravagant curtains in her official residence costing nearly $53,000, because the purchase was actually approved in 2016, under the Obama administration.

“An earlier version of this article and headline created an unfair impression about who was responsible for the purchase in question. While Nikki R. Haley is the current ambassador to the United Nations, the decision on leasing the ambassador’s residence and purchasing the curtains was made during the Obama administration, according to current and former officials,” the editor’s note states.

"The decision on leasing the ambassador’s residence and purchasing the curtains was made during the Obama administration."

- New York Times
“The article should not have focused on Ms. Haley, nor should a picture of her have been used. The article and headline have now been edited to reflect those concerns, and the picture has been removed.”

Seems she is not staying at the same place Samatha Powers stayed.
https://streeteasy.com/blog/nikki-haley-at-un-plaza-not-waldorf-astoria-tradition/

Last edited:
Whats the deal:

Well In addition to the curtains, the tweet Lieu quoted also claimed that Haley’s NYC residence costs the State Department $58,000 monthly. But what it leaves out is the fact that Haley’s residence is far less costly — by the State Dept.’s own admission — than condos occupied by previous U.N. ambassadors such as Samantha Power, Susan Rice and John Bolton.

A Mission spokesperson told The New York Post in January, “The U.S. Mission [to the U.N.] leases Ambassador Haley’s residence at a considerable costs savings from our prior residence at the Waldorf-Astoria.”

Haley currently occupies a full-floor penthouse at 50 U.N. Plaza, just blocks from the U.N., where she is often expected to entertain other U.N. delegates and foreign dignitaries. The penthouse was leased by the Obama administration with an option to buy.

Rep. Ted Lieu Wants Nikki Haley And Deputy Investigated Over Debunked Claims Of Her Spending

-----------------------------------------------
So who bought the curtains, did you see the windows in that penthouse apt. She lives in luxury. Drapes and curtains probably cost that much for wall those windows, so it matters not who bought them really.

Forum List

Back