Simple solutions to gun violence.

You need your governments permission to drive a car.
Privilege vs Constitutional Right.

Regardless, being a 2A supporter, I feel mandatory training, of some type, is not out of line. I have taken courses and have found them to be very valuable as a CCW holder. But, I get the that the constitution provides the right. Some feel that any hinderance or step in the process against the 2nd amendment, and then signing up for a class to hold a license is another form of registration and giving the government the ability to knock on your day and confiscate.

Moron.....

Nashville shooting...

2 rifles

6 killed

========
Kerch, Russia shooting....

1 pump action shotgun, 5 slug capacity, no magazine

20 murdered

70 injured

Do you see why you don't understand what you are talking about?
Watch this for some education...

Let's just start with AR-15's.

First off, all AR-15 and other assault style rifles that are semi automatic and fire a specified (to be determined) type of ammunition must be registered in a federal data base. Those who own them now must register their weapons in 30 days or be in violation of the law, which could lead to the confiscation of all your firearms.

Secondly, a mandatory one week waiting period and background check on all of these types of gun purchases.

Third, special permission must be granted for this sale, which is dependent on the background of the purchaser. If they do not meet minimum requirements, they have the option of a gun safety course.

Fourth, all of these rifles can only be sold by someone with an FFL, you cannot purchase these from gun shows or private party sales.

These are just some simple steps that can be taken to prevent these mass slaughters. Look at recent shootings and the guns were purchased legally,, and used within days of purchase. A shooter can still use a pistol or rifle in a mass shooting, but we are trying the limit the damage when this happens.
There's no political will in Washington to enact such measures.

And even if enacted, the Supreme Court would strike them down.

It is for the maoist democrats.....if you take guns away from normal people, then the democrats will be able to send in their brown shirts, blm/antifa, to the suburbs to burn, loot and murder.......
This is exactly the unhinged thinking that plagues so many on the far right, and these voices are the only ones bering heard by the Republican Party.

What data are you basing this on?

Furthermore, while I don't have the statistic in front of me at the moment, I read a couple of years back that only three percent of gun related homicides are committed with what you guys like to refer to as "assault" weapons. Even if ARs happen to be a preferred weapon of mass shooters, they'll simply use a different one if they are no longer available. Additionally, what difference does it make if one person kills six people at once in one shooting with an AR or six shooters with a standard handgun kill six different people in one day in Chicago? They're all equally dead, aren't they?
I'm talking about reducing the lethality of mass casualty events. We don't know if this will work or not because it has never been attempted. What we do know is the status quo makes it certain the slaughter will continue, unabated.

Driving a car is not a right; it is a privilege.

The Second Amendment says nothing about any “privilege” to keep and bear arms. It explicitly affirms this as a right, belonging to the people, and forbids government from infringing it.
They already are. Go and buy a machine gun. Oh wait, they didn't have machine guns when they drafted the 2nd Amendment. I'm noticing a trend here.

For starters. Pistols are the biggest source of gun related crime and death in America. You're targeting a specific gun that is of little impact in the grand scheme of things.
Of course, there are far more handguns in America, and they are far easier to conceal.

It is for the maoist democrats.....if you take guns away from normal people, then the democrats will be able to send in their brown shirts, blm/antifa, to the suburbs to burn, loot and murder.......

They will no longer have to just burn black neighborhoods in democrat party controlled cities, since that is where they have the strictest gun control......and will be able to intimidate suburbanites into submitting to the democrats...
Radical democrats ass wipe. Most democrats are against messing with the second amendment. This one included.

And again, you're wrong. Most Americans favor more gun control, including this gun owner.

American Criminals certainly favor more gun control.

Disarming their victims makes life easier for them for sure. A prospective victim pulling out their own piece really puts a damper on their day.

Here is the thing make it hard to get the ammo ya put the profit in the black market. This will make it profitable to manufacture it and sell it to the wrong people. Same thing with the gun itself. Don't need to add much to a machine shop to make it possible to make guns and ammo. You are just going to make it profitable enough for me to make them one at a time. Then they only get in the law breaker hand.

Fair enough. But it is not 1776 any more, and you no longer need to pour black powder down your rifle barrel. Times change,
Has the definition of "arms" changed, in reference to weaponry?

Let's just start with AR-15's.

First off, all AR-15 and other assault style rifles that are semi automatic and fire a specified (to be determined) type of ammunition must be registered in a federal data base. Those who own them now must register their weapons in 30 days or be in violation of the law, which could lead to the confiscation of all your firearms.

Secondly, a mandatory one week waiting period and background check on all of these types of gun purchases.

Third, special permission must be granted for this sale, which is dependent on the background of the purchaser. If they do not meet minimum requirements, they have the option of a gun safety course.

Fourth, all of these rifles can only be sold by someone with an FFL, you cannot purchase these from gun shows or private party sales.

These are just some simple steps that can be taken to prevent these mass slaughters. Look at recent shootings and the guns were purchased legally,, and used within days of purchase. A shooter can still use a pistol or rifle in a mass shooting, but we are trying the limit the damage when this happens.

No comment.

Except maybe.... :fu:

Forum List

Back