Simple SOLUTION to gun control

The Obama administration will seek to reinstate the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004 during the Bush administration, Attorney General Eric Holder said today.

"As President Obama indicated during the campaign, there are just a few gun-related changes that we would like to make, and among them would be to reinstitute the ban on the sale of assault weapons," Holder told reporters.

Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban - ABC News

How many assualt weapons do you own?
6-14, depending on who defines the term. You?

Because they have yet to head a sound argument to that end, with a specific and detailed explanation as to how said ban does not violate the Constitution.

Givie it a try. I dare you.
You can ban yelling fire in crowded theatre despite the free speech protection in the Constitution.
Becauase doing so places people in a condition of clear, present and immediate danger.

You can ban using a 100 round magazine equipped rifle to kill people in a crowded theatre, despite the 2nd amendment.
Presuming your previous statement is relevant to this one...
Specifcally, how does simple ownership/posession of a 100-round magazine place others in a condition of clear, present and immediate danger?

Unless you can answer that question, your agument fails and my statement stands.

Just because you set conditions for the argument doesn't make the conditions legitimate.

The Obama administration will seek to reinstate the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004 during the Bush administration, Attorney General Eric Holder said today.

"As President Obama indicated during the campaign, there are just a few gun-related changes that we would like to make, and among them would be to reinstitute the ban on the sale of assault weapons," Holder told reporters.

Yes his AWB isnt an AWB just like you didn't build that doesnt mean you didnt build that.

How many Assualt Weapons do I own.....defined by what ?

You can ban yelling fire in crowded theatre despite the free speech protection in the Constitution.
Becauase doing so places people in a condition of clear, present and immediate danger.

You can ban using a 100 round magazine equipped rifle to kill people in a crowded theatre, despite the 2nd amendment.
Presuming your previous statement is relevant to this one...
Specifcally, how does simple ownership/posession of a 100-round magazine place others in a condition of clear, present and immediate danger?

Unless you can answer that question, your agument fails and my statement stands.

Just because you set conditions for the argument doesn't make the conditions legitimate.
As I said:
Your agument fails, and my statement stands - because no one has heard a sound argument to that end, one that specifically explains how that ban does not violate the Constitution.

Get back to me when you figure out a way to address the question.

Yes his AWB isnt an AWB just like you didn't build that doesnt mean you didnt build that.

How many Assualt Weapons do I own.....defined by what ?

The Government did not even have an answer as to what was an assault weapon. The ban said any 3 conditions of a list of 10 ( as I recall) made it an assault weapon. Stupid stuff like a bayonet stud or fire suppressor.

You honestly expect the retarded to answer the question?

Go on with your bad self girlfriend.

The accused had his apartment configured as a bomb, McVeigh bought his materials legally. the chatter about gun control now is the same as the chatter about someone in the theater shooting at the fully armored killer; a device to pretend we can be safe from maniacs.

I'll meet you in Lake City for Florida Defensive Carbine Club shoots right outside Lake City on SR90 and pair you with woman shooter to help you and let you try some cool things.

I'm as coordinated as Wal Mart on Christmas Eve. Lemme wait at the Olive Garden, applaud your dexterity, and write an essay on the instruction manuals, instead. ; )

I think we need to include assault knives, assault clubs and baseball bats, assault automobiles, etc. They only become "assault weapons" when they are used to assault someone. Otherwise, they are legally owned firearms. Well, until some feel-good asshole pol decides to make some weird kind of brownie points with his/her base by banning so-called assault weapons...

Fireworks also must be tossed away, some of the bomb making materials found at Holmes' residence were just that.

What do gun folks use those assault and semi-auto weapons for? Do you hunt with them?

Are any guns off-limits for regular folk? How about an uzi (is that even a gun)? lol

Just curious.

I have one so called assault rifle that I hunt coyote with and shoot long distance targets at the Missouri Department of Conservation controlled shooting range. It's a DPMS AR-15.

It is the civilian version of the rifle I carried in the army...probably the weapon I am most familiar with. I replaced the standard barrel with a bull-barrel (the sides of the barrel are about three times thicker than standard to limit changes in the true of the barrel caused by the heat of firing). (pictured)

I hunt squirrels and rabbits with an "assault riffle"...a customized Ruger 10/22 .22LR semi-automatic. It comes from the factory with a 10 round magazine and receives up to a 30 round magazines. (pictured)

The two sidearms are also semi-automatics...they function almost identically to the rifles, 1 round fired for each pull of the trigger.

On is a .22 caliber Ruger Standard that is my range practice weapon. Cheap to shoot and dependable.

The other is the 9mm I carry.

I also hunt waterfowl (ducks & geese) and shoot trap and skeet with a semi-automatic shotgun. (not pictured)

Picture004.jpg

All you gun grabbers that are upset by the fact the 2nd Amendment protects our right to own weapons... simple solution.

Since no law that bans semi automatics will survive a court challenge and since no law banning magazine sizes will either, go for what you REALLY want.

Ask for an amendment to repel the 2nd. Or are you afraid that admitting your goal is the elimination of all firearms will not pass muster with the citizenry?

Nonsense.

No one wants to repeal the Second Amendment, no one wants to ‘grab guns.’

Why would any sane person object to banning the sale of 100 round magazines?

First, let me tell you about the 100 round magazine for AR-15.

It's called a Beta C-Mag...and it's a piece of crap.

I've seen a few live and in person...and I've never seen one not jam before round 10.

And you'll note, crazy theater gunman's jammed.

Primer on magazines...a magazine works by spring action. The spring has to push soft enough that the first rounds out of the magazine don't double feed but hard enough that the last rounds in the bottom of the magazine don't fail to feed.

Fifty rounds per side is just too many to calibrate a spring to push correctly.

The Army does not used the Beta C-mag precisely due to this predilection for malfunction.

A test in 2003 by US Army soldiers in Afghanistan found the C-Mag unreliable in simulated combat conditions, with frequent failures to feed among the issues.[4] The Beta C-Mag is not in widespread use by US military forces, and has not been type-classified.

Beta C-Mag - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Second, I will agree that a 100 round magazine seems over the top, but I also think a car that goes 170 mph is over the top.

But I don't see the point of making either illegal.

If you want a car that is capable of more than twice the highest speed limit in the United States, I have to trust that you are responsible enough not to kill a bus load of nuns while driving that fast.

If you want to own a 100 round magazine, the same standard applies.

What do gun folks use those assault and semi-auto weapons for? Do you hunt with them?

Are any guns off-limits for regular folk? How about an uzi (is that even a gun)? lol

Just curious.

How about self defense and home defense? Where did it state in the Second Amendment that the "right to bear arms" was supposed to be solely for hunting?

You're reading too much into my question. I'm fine with things the way they are, was literally wondering if a big-assed weapon was used for hunting is all. Probably lions or tigers or bears but not bunnies or quail. Amiright?

Wrote a post on this subject a couple years ago:
The two most popular varieties of "assault" rifles in the US are the AR15 and the AK47.

The AR15 fires a .223 round that is so weak it is not permitted to be used as a deer hunting round in most states.
"The debate is whether or not the .223 can be used to hunt deer. The majority of shootists seem to believe not but there are some die-hards who swear by it every hunting season. hand loaded with a premium 60 or 70 grain bullet the .223 will and has taken many deer. My father used one for awhile with pretty good success. A careful hunter with a well-aimed shot can humanely harvest deer but it probably is not powerful enough to do the job in every situation. Out of respect for a grand game animal it is probably not wise to use it on deer. It is more effective to use a deer rifle on varmints than a varmint rifle on deer. Besides there are better calibers available for deer hunting."

Associated Content Mobile
The AK47 fires a 7.62x39mm round that is nearly identical to the 30-30 Winchester hunting round...one of the weakest round that classifies as a deer hunting round.
"Since approximately 1990, the 7.62x39mm cartridge has seen some use in hunting arms in the US for hunting game up to the size of whitetail deer, as it is approximately as powerful as the old .30-30 Winchester round, and has a similar ballistic profile.[6]"

AK47 7.62mm round 7.62x39mm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
.30-30 Winchester:
"The .30-30 is considered by many to be the "entry-class" for modern deer cartridges."

30-30 Winchester .30-30 Winchester - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the record...90% of rifle cartridges are more powerful that the .30-30 Winchester and the .223 Remington.

The rifle used in Colorado was chambered in .223 caliber.

Last edited:
Because they have yet to head a sound argument to that end, with a specific and detailed explanation as to how said ban does not violate the Constitution.

it's not overly complicated. one could simply argue that a magazine itself was not a weapon.

further, as a nation we've already decided that the second amendment isn't absolute. we don't allow people to own surface to air missiles, large bombs, or chemical weapons. we limit the arms people have a right to keep all the time.

the question then becomes where is the line and do or should large magazines cross it?
it is my opinion that since they serve no other practical purpose than to enable mass shootings they should be more closely regulated if not outright banned.

All you gun grabbers that are upset by the fact the 2nd Amendment protects our right to own weapons... simple solution.

Since no law that bans semi automatics will survive a court challenge and since no law banning magazine sizes will either, go for what you REALLY want.

Ask for an amendment to repel the 2nd. Or are you afraid that admitting your goal is the elimination of all firearms will not pass muster with the citizenry?

Nonsense.

No one wants to repeal the Second Amendment, no one wants to ‘grab guns.’

And yet on this board alone we have numerous people demanding a ban on supposed assault rifles, semi automatics in general and high capacity magazines.

With suggestion for new laws that not only violate the 2nd Amendment but violate the 4th and 5th Amendments as well. We have a thread or two where the op and supporters call for a loss of protected rights because a tiny fraction of a percentage of users commit crimes with legally owned and bought firearms. And outright lies about supposed accidents and demanding thought police in order to buy weapons.

Or perhaps you just missed those threads?

it's not overly complicated. one could simply argue that a magazine itself was not a weapon.

further, as a nation we've already decided that the second amendment isn't absolute. we don't allow people to own surface to air missiles, large bombs, or chemical weapons. we limit the arms people have a right to keep all the time.

the question then becomes where is the line and do or should large magazines cross it?
it is my opinion that since they serve no other practical purpose than to enable mass shootings they should be more closely regulated if not outright banned.

The 1939 Supreme Court ruling would disagree with you. In order to be protected under the second Amendment a weapon must be in use, of use or previously in use by the military. That clearly includes high capacity magazines.

I love my guns and want to keep them. I also support sensible gun laws.

People who love and want guns know there are already sensible laws on the books which are not enforced.

You really do not fool anyone when you talk of gun rights support then immediately cast out ideals diametric to the preservation of that natural right.

Just like Obama.
lol owning a gun is not a natural right.

I love my guns and want to keep them. I also support sensible gun laws.

People who love and want guns know there are already sensible laws on the books which are not enforced.

You really do not fool anyone when you talk of gun rights support then immediately cast out ideals diametric to the preservation of that natural right.

Just like Obama.

Self protection is. And owning and knowing how to use weapons falls under that.

Just like Obama.

Self protection is. And owning and knowing how to use weapons falls under that.

lol no, but nice try.

I mean under your "logic", owning a home ( shelter ) should be a right, because it allows you to protect yourself.

its just too easy

Forum List

Back