Simple question on electric vehicles, where does the electricity to recharge them come from?

don't expect an answer, libs don't believe in math-------------its racist and shit.
100 MPG is equal to 0.3 KWh/mile

If he pays 13 cents per KWh then 12,000 miles in a Tesla uses 12,000 miles X 0.3 KWh / mile X $0.13 (cents) / KWh = $468

Of course Tesla charging is only about 90% efficient as are the electronics and motors, so figure 80% overall efficiency, bringing the cost to $585

Compared to $2,400 for a gasoline vehicle.

And to address the OP, about where does the power come from?

The best way to answer it is compare what people would be charged depending on the time of day.

Day Rate: 14.25 cents per unit Night Rate: 1.15 cents per unit This is simply a massive difference, and a strong incentive from the distribution company to shift your expensive daytime power to the significantly cheaper power at night. This shift from Day to Night also assists Electra to manage network loadings.

Electricity is far cheaper at night, because overall usage is so much less at night. So there would be no burden on the power grid if electric vehicles were charged at night (and cheaper too).

And since this fits most peoples driving patterns, drive by day, charge by night, it would actually stabilize the power grid.

And to address the OP, about where does the power come from?

The best way to answer it is compare what people would be charged depending on the time of day.

Day Rate: 14.25 cents per unit Night Rate: 1.15 cents per unit This is simply a massive difference, and a strong incentive from the distribution company to shift your expensive daytime power to the significantly cheaper power at night. This shift from Day to Night also assists Electra to manage network loadings.

Electricity is far cheaper at night, because overall usage is so much less at night. So there would be no burden on the power grid if electric vehicles were charged at night (and cheaper too).

And since this fits most peoples driving patterns, drive by day, charge by night, it would actually stabilize the power grid.
OK, fine, then why has california banned overnight charging of EVs?

OK, fine, then why has california banned overnight charging of EVs?
I find numerous articles in which the California government asks EV owners to avoid charging their cars during heat waves and op-eds suggesting it might be better to charge them during the day and that charging them at night may not save as much money as you'd expect. But I can find nowhere that the government has actually banned charging them at night. If you have a source for that claim I'd like to see it.

I find numerous articles in which the California government asks EV owners to avoid charging their cars during heat waves and op-eds suggesting it might be better to charge them during the day and that charging them at night may not save as much money as you'd expect. But I can find nowhere that the government has actually banned charging them at night. If you have a source for that claim I'd like to see it.

Californians are being advised not to charge their electric cars between 4 to 9pm from Wednesday to Tuesday due to the excessive heatwave to help reduce the strain on the power grid

That is an adviso, not a ban. And you do not say where that came from or who said it.

Forum List

Back