Simple question on electric vehicles, where does the electricity to recharge them come from?

Economics has never been your strong point.

Or national security.
Given that you seem to think the best approach to a serious problem is to bury one's head in the sand and wait, I have to express some concern about your fundamentals Todd.

Given that you seem to think the best approach to a serious problem is to bury one's head in the sand and wait, I have to express some concern about your fundamentals Todd.

Using our strategic reserve for a bit of political advantage....is that burying your head in the sand?

I'm glad that finally, at your advanced age, you finally clued into the reason for our reduced
CO2 output. Who says you can't teach a really old dog a new trick?

There is easily enough space. That has been demonstrated here repeatedly.

It is not. What is staggering is the amount of fossil fuels NOT used over the course of the lifetime of those panels and windmills and other non-emitting technologies.

Are you kidding me? Do you actually think that's a meaningful argument? Do you think steam turbines and THEIR generators don't use lubricating oil? Give me a fucking break.

I am aware that flooding can lead to fires in EVs. Are you aware that even with that, ICE cars suffer fires at 5-10 times the rate of EV fires and that flooding will destroy them as well

It is "all of the above" at the moment, but we need to move away from fossil fuels as quickly as we can. You disagree, of course, but I will go with the advice of 99+% of the world's climate scientists when they tell us we need to reduce GHG emissions.

It astounds me to see Trump fans badmouthing Biden's intellect and cognitive skills when they've been practically worshipping a man who seems incapable of putting a syntactically valid sentence together or ever learning how to do so (or anything else for that matter). We have been dependent on foreign oil for decades - long before Biden was elected. If you think this is a valid criticism, perhaps its your own cognitive skills you should be worried about.

Are you stupid? He pulled oil out of the strategic reserves to replace some of the supply lost by sanctions placed against Russia for the invasion of Ukraine.
WHY do we need to stop using fossil fuels?????????????? WHY? Global climate change caused by humans is a lie and a hoax. The climate of our planet has been changing for hundreds of millions of years and humans have never had anything to do with it. There was no reason to drain our reserves when we have tremendous uptapped oil and gas within the USA. We were energy independent until senile joe stopped domestic production and made us dependent on other countries that hate us.

You pay for the cost of stripping electrons free of atoms then putting them out on a conductor to carry them to your home.
It takes some kind of fuel to get those atoms moving, that is the issue and you know it
You pay for the cost of stripping electrons free of atoms then putting them out on a conductor to carry them to your home.
but its not free no matter how it is done, thats the point

It takes some kind of fuel to get those atoms moving, that is the issue and you know it
but its not free no matter how it is done, thats the point

Well, yes, basically. I mean, you can generate electricity from a waterfall for free, but you still have to build the paddle-wheel and the generator and the transmission lines and transformers, and all of that costs something plus the mining of the raw materials and fuels used.

There are no free lunches in physics.

Well, yes, basically. I mean, you can generate electricity from a waterfall for free, but you still have to build the paddle-wheel and the generator and the transmission lines and transformers, and all of that costs something plus the mining of the raw materials and fuels used.

It's not just in physics.

So here's the ultimate question to which it is difficult to get a straight answer:

If i drive a Tesla Model Q that, according to the EPA, gets 100 MPGE (I assume that's miles-per-gallon-equivalent), and I drive 12,000 miles per year, how much will that save me when compared to, say, a AWD Sedan that averages 20mpg on regular gas?

Let me give it a shot. If I pay an average of $4/gal over that 12,000 miles, that's 600 gallons of gas @$4/gal = $2,400 for fuel in that year. I pay $0.13/kWhr for my household juice. How many kilowatt-hours will be added to my electric bill for charging the Tesla to drive those 12,000 miles?

but but but, the recharge of electric cars has to be freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,

My daughter had a 2010 hybrid until recently and she had NEVER replaced the battery. More anti-green myths from the gullible cult.
do you understand that hybrids are not the same as electric vehicles? Hybrids actually make sense. But they are expensive and very complicated electrically and mechanically. Sounds like your daughter was lucky with hers, and that's good.

So here's the ultimate question to which it is difficult to get a straight answer:

If i drive a Tesla Model Q that, according to the EPA, gets 100 MPGE (I assume that's miles-per-gallon-equivalent), and I drive 12,000 miles per year, how much will that save me when compared to, say, a AWD Sedan that averages 20mpg on regular gas?

Let me give it a shot. If I pay an average of $4/gal over that 12,000 miles, that's 600 gallons of gas @$4/gal = $2,400 for fuel in that year. I pay $0.13/kWhr for my household juice. How many kilowatt-hours will be added to my electric bill for charging the Tesla to drive those 12,000 miles?
don't expect an answer, libs don't believe in math-------------its racist and shit.

Forum List

Back