Simple Question: Is Romney a RINO?

And Romney's plans are what?

Champion small business...how exactly?

If you look at that point in his plan...it's the same old stuff. Reduce regulation (many at the state level he has no bearing on). But there is also a tax cut for small business (which will add to the debt of course). Repeal Obamacare...yet again it shows up here....:badgrin:...and protect workers from labor unions....:eusa_shifty: Other than the tax cut none of that is going to do anything.

Increase trade. Tto Central America? The same people who are coming here to escape poverty in their homeland? Not going to work. Get tough on China? Sure...and that may actually save a few pennies but it's hard to get tough on someone who owns your debt. Try to get tough with Visa and tell me how that goes. Create a Reagan Economic Zone and open more markets...:confused: It's funny if you look at his website; you can look at what they call the "One Pager" and get a synopsis. But if you want to look at the full plan, you can click on a different link that has almost no mention of the items in the One Pager. Mitt's Plan to Create 12 Million New Jobs | Mitt Romney for President

But you wanted to talk about spending issues...Lets look at the Governor's plan. Lets look at the Governor's Spending plans from his own website: Spending | Mitt Romney for President

Add up the savings HE says he will get and you come up with $319.6B in supposed savings. Hardly a drop in the bucket compared to his increases in Defense.

So if it's the savings debt and deficit you want to tackle, it would seem that Romney isn't your guy--if you go by Romney's numbers.

The uptick in Military spending has to come from somewhere....the money to balance the budget is going to come from somewhere...the money to pay off the deficit is going to come from some where.

Can you--a Romney supporter--tell me how the math adds up? I don't see where it does.

He's on record as saying he's not going to raise taxes:

So it's all on the spending side.

Please show me how he's going to cut taxes on small businesses, increase the defense spending, and balance the budget while paying off the debt. Would you, please?

I'm willing to give a guy that does have a plan (whether you agree with it or not) a chance over a guy who has proven he has nothing.
If Mitt doesn't produce, then we have another election in 2016. See, this is how it works in the country, if they aren't up for the task we get rid of them.

IF Obama were to have the same plan then you'd vote for him eventhough you know that the details of the plan were never, ever going to happen...is that the case?

Electing any new President is an act of faith. Obama now has a record as the CIC and it is not a good one so he must be fired.

The Republican Party has been overrun by retards, psychos, and power-hungry megolamaniacs with no morals.

They would call Ronald Reagan a RINO if he were around.

It is they who are not real Republicans.

The three major GOP candidates have all submitted budget plans that would grow the national debt by many more trillions. Does that sound Republican to you? If not, why are they the ones who are our choices? Who voted for them?

And yet the GOP nominated the most moderate of all the candidates running? Gee, could it possibly be you're wrong about Republicans being "retards, psychos and power-hungry megolamaniacs with no morals".

I know you progressives love to paint the Republican Party as extreme and far right but if that really WERE the case then why is Mitt Romney our candidate? DOH!!!

23868_10151069793062680_1385475361_n.jpg

With the majority of Americans, it comes down to the economy, debt, deficit, and unemployment. This is where Obama falls flat with the American people and why Obama is losing grip. Make no mistake about that.

The republican party ala George bush was granted 8 years to fuck it all up (it was their policies and attitudes towards the engine of our economy that eroded everything that made this country work for ALL fucking things up for far longer than that, really). I'm giving President Obama at least that long to pull it all together.

Barb, the left will vote for Obama, the right will vote for Romney, it comes down to the independents, and Obama lost his grip with them.

The question is... has Romney also?

I'm not voting for either one of the scumbags. I don't give a shit if casting a third party vote is a wasted vote or even if it is a vote for the scumbag in chief, I refuse to cast my vote for the lesser of two evils again especially when they are both owned bought and paid for by the elitist who have the dollars to control them.

Immie

Last edited:
I'm willing to give a guy that does have a plan (whether you agree with it or not) a chance over a guy who has proven he has nothing.
If Mitt doesn't produce, then we have another election in 2016. See, this is how it works in the country, if they aren't up for the task we get rid of them.

IF Obama were to have the same plan then you'd vote for him eventhough you know that the details of the plan were never, ever going to happen...is that the case?

Electing any new President is an act of faith. Obama now has a record as the CIC and it is not a good one so he must be fired.

Fair enough...whomever is the challenger only has to promise more than the incumbent has delivered and they have your vote. Or so it seems if it is all based on faith. Certainly, Romney hasn't shown that he is resolute in standing by a position....so it is entirely a faith proposition for you.

With the majority of Americans, it comes down to the economy, debt, deficit, and unemployment. This is where Obama falls flat with the American people and why Obama is losing grip. Make no mistake about that.

If you look at that point in his plan...it's the same old stuff. Reduce regulation (many at the state level he has no bearing on). But there is also a tax cut for small business (which will add to the debt of course). Repeal Obamacare...yet again it shows up here....:badgrin:...and protect workers from labor unions....:eusa_shifty: Other than the tax cut none of that is going to do anything.

Increase trade. Tto Central America? The same people who are coming here to escape poverty in their homeland? Not going to work. Get tough on China? Sure...and that may actually save a few pennies but it's hard to get tough on someone who owns your debt. Try to get tough with Visa and tell me how that goes. Create a Reagan Economic Zone and open more markets...:confused: It's funny if you look at his website; you can look at what they call the "One Pager" and get a synopsis. But if you want to look at the full plan, you can click on a different link that has almost no mention of the items in the One Pager. Mitt's Plan to Create 12 Million New Jobs | Mitt Romney for President

But you wanted to talk about spending issues...Lets look at the Governor's plan. Lets look at the Governor's Spending plans from his own website: Spending | Mitt Romney for President

Add up the savings HE says he will get and you come up with $319.6B in supposed savings. Hardly a drop in the bucket compared to his increases in Defense.

So if it's the savings debt and deficit you want to tackle, it would seem that Romney isn't your guy--if you go by Romney's numbers.

The uptick in Military spending has to come from somewhere....the money to balance the budget is going to come from somewhere...the money to pay off the deficit is going to come from some where.

Can you--a Romney supporter--tell me how the math adds up? I don't see where it does.

And I will not — I will not under any circumstances, reduce the share that's being paid by the highest income taxpayers. And I will not, under any circumstances increase taxes on the middle-class.

Read more: Presidential debate transcript, questions, Oct. 16, 2012 (text, video) - Politico Staff - POLITICO.com

Please show me how he's going to cut taxes on small businesses, increase the defense spending, and balance the budget while paying off the debt. Would you, please?

So can I assume that you agree that the Romney math--according to Romney's numbers does not add up?

Fair enough...whomever is the challenger only has to promise more than the incumbent has delivered and they have your vote. Or so it seems if it is all based on faith. Certainly, Romney hasn't shown that he is resolute in standing by a position....so it is entirely a faith proposition for you.

Um just a little FYI. I am voting for Gary Johnson but I can understand perfectly why some people might reject Obama and vote for the yet unknown Pres. Romney Do I wish the choice was a different one? Sure do. I therefore choose to vote for Johnson because I think we deserve better than what we get.

Of course Romney is a RINO, that is not what worries me.
What is worse than being a RINO? Being a NEOCON and that is exactly what Mitt is.
and that is the reason he will not be getting my vote.

Um just a little FYI. I am voting for Gary Johnson but I can understand perfectly why some people might reject Obama and vote for the yet unknown Pres. Romney Do I wish the choice was a different one? Sure do. I therefore choose to vote for Johnson because I think we deserve better than what we get.

Gary Johnson is in the crackpot debate tonight on LinkTV,

the one sponsored by Al Jazeera! LOLOL

The Republican Party has been overrun by retards, psychos, and power-hungry megolamaniacs with no morals.

They would call Ronald Reagan a RINO if he were around.

It is they who are not real Republicans.

The three major GOP candidates have all submitted budget plans that would grow the national debt by many more trillions. Does that sound Republican to you? If not, why are they the ones who are our choices? Who voted for them?

And yet the GOP nominated the most moderate of all the candidates running? Gee, could it possibly be you're wrong about Republicans being "retards, psychos and power-hungry megolamaniacs with no morals".

I know you progressives love to paint the Republican Party as extreme and far right but if that really WERE the case then why is Mitt Romney our candidate? DOH!!!

He was the only one left after all the other repubs in the Primary "stepped in it". :lol: That makes him the candidate "chosen by default". There is a difference. :rolleyes: Also he had more money than his opponents. If I remember correctly he was always hovering @ the 22-25% mark ;) Mr. 25%

You were saying?

Last edited:

So can I assume that you agree that the Romney math--according to Romney's numbers does not add up?

Your premise is flawed right off the top, Candycorn. Reducing taxes for small businesses WILL increase revenue by them being able to hire more people and being able to spend more.
Yes, getting rid of Obamacare will reduce the debt.
What IS Obama's increase in defense?

Tax cuts
Spending cuts
Reducing the unemployment

Your premise is flawed right off the top, Candycorn. Reducing taxes for small businesses WILL increase revenue by them being able to hire more people and being able to spend more.
Yes, getting rid of Obamacare will reduce the debt.
What IS Obama's increase in defense?

Tax cuts
Spending cuts
Reducing the unemployment

Simple huh Meister? Yes, that's the appeal of Romney to those who will not think.

First, define "small business". Next, explain how cutting spending, and that means cutting government jobs will reduce the number of unemployed? Finally, explain how cutting revenue, i.e. taxes, will reduce the deficit.

Romney represents exactly what the GOP is today.

The Rich fooling poor working white people into voting against their own economic interests, playing on their religious, racial and sexual insecurities.

I don't think he ever believed a lot of what he embraced, but he knows he has to embrace those things to get elected.

Forum List

Back