Simple Question: Is Romney a RINO?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by candycorn, Mar 5, 2012.

1. candycorn

candycorn Alis volat propriis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,047
    If he is, why would you vote for him if you're a Republican?

2. JimBowie1958

JimBowie1958 Old Fogey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,474
    Yes, Romney is a RINO, and a closet pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage, pro-gun grabbing fascist.

The left would love him if he would come out of the closet.

And as I am not a Republican, I can only guess the conservatives that support him do so because they are gullible cowards who have no confidence in the strength and appeal of conservative principles.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,525
    The Republican Party has been overrun by retards, psychos, and power-hungry megolamaniacs with no morals.

They would call Ronald Reagan a RINO if he were around.

It is they who are not real Republicans.

The three major GOP candidates have all submitted budget plans that would grow the national debt by many more trillions. Does that sound Republican to you? If not, why are they the ones who are our choices? Who voted for them?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  4. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    No, he is a practical conservative... one that recognizes the need to work with the 'other side' to achieve what needs to be done. If only we had a Democrat in the White House with half of Romney's smarts and courage, we'd be doing much better than we are.

5. Syphon

Syphon BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +83
    if Romeny wins the nomination just to flip flop on many of the major issues such as spending, health care, the deficit, gay marriage and such. will the GOP establishment still vote for him in the general election or will they go third party or even worse not vote?

6. Barb

Barb Carpe Scrotum

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,586
    Did you type that with a straight face? He is the very embodiment of the social Darwinism of the right. He personifies the "greed is good" catechism that was put on steroids during Reagan's time in office, and is the very TRUEST standard bearer of Reagan's legacy.

Granted, he has a habit of being a bit more abrupt, or forthright about his "screw them" attitude, as his disconnect from ordinary Americans is way more loud and proud than it was back in the day, but the overall intent is totally on target.

You all can rest assured that you, too will be fucked over in a Romney administration the same way Reagan fucked you or your parents.

7. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    Simple question. Simple answer, I don't care as long as he's not obama.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    By 'greed is good', I take it you mean he's a successful, self made multi-millionaire with a great head for business.... Yea, God forbid we elect one of those to run this country... much better to elect idiot after idiot.

9. amrchaos

amrchaos Pentheus torn apart

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,573
    Yes.

Is that a problem for you? I am a centrist. It is not a problem for me. In fact, I prefer such a Republican.

A moderate on social issues, and to the right on economics issues. Of course he has to act the part of an ultra-conservative in order to win the nomination.

The only other person in the field I can see supporting is Ron Paul, but his foreign policy is a little weak and fear of the Treasury is somewhat of a negative to me. But I kind of favor some of his protectionists policies, although I think that may not be needed.

10. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,525
    If the GOP was truly Republican, they would be doing everything they could to help Mexican immigrants become a part of our society. They are hardworking, sending remittances home to their families. They take jobs no one else will take. We know this because we had full employment when there were more of them here than there are now. They are hardcore Roman Catholic. They are everything the GOP stands for. But what does the Party do? It paints them all as drug smuggling, job-stealing threats to national security.

If the GOP was truly Republican, they would be doing everything for people who want to form recognized lifelong monogamous relationships that receive the same state and federal benefits as everyone else. Monogamous relationships reduce the spread of disease, and increase societal stability and economic output. But what does the Party do? Well, when they aren't too busy going to God about their extramarital affairs, they paint these people as marriage destroyers.

If the GOP was truly Republican, they would not pass budgets that add to the national debt. They would not buy votes by giving seniors a hugely expensive benefit without coming up with a way to pay for it. They would not weed out candidates who would balance the budget and instead select from three who would all add trillions more to the debt.

If the GOP was truly Republican, they would not turn a blind eye to rampant and open fraud which steals from the pockets of every working man and woman, while throwing the common man in prison for smoking a doobie.

In light of this, it takes huge brass balls to call someone else a RINO.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012