Simple Question: Is Romney a RINO?

Simple question. Simple answer, I don't care as long as he's not obama.
Yeah.....ol' Mittens had quite the....

polls_Man_Tap_Dancing_5836_438317_poll_xlarge.gif

Now that Romney sounds more liberal than Obama, you really have to wonder about the motivation of the "Anyone but Obama" crowd....it's not politics any longer.

It's not the economic policies... He's says he's not cutting anything except PBS, Title X funding and the federal workforce by 10%, spending 2T more on Defense even though we're already outspending every other country on earth by a wide margin... He's not going to raise taxes on anyone but he will increase spending according to his statements...so the deficit will grow even greeater...

It's not the social programs...He says he's not going to overturn Roe, re-instate DADT, has been silent on the DOMA,...

It's not foreign policy where he agreed with Obama on nearly everything last night excpet missile defense in Poland and "leadership" of which he has zilch unless you count insulting other countries as "leadership"

With the majority of Americans, it comes down to the economy, debt, deficit, and unemployment. This is where Obama falls flat with the American people and why Obama is losing grip. Make no mistake about that.

23868_10151069793062680_1385475361_n.jpg

With the majority of Americans, it comes down to the economy, debt, deficit, and unemployment. This is where Obama falls flat with the American people and why Obama is losing grip. Make no mistake about that.

The republican party ala George bush was granted 8 years to fuck it all up (it was their policies and attitudes towards the engine of our economy that eroded everything that made this country work for ALL fucking things up for far longer than that, really). I'm giving President Obama at least that long to pull it all together.

Where have all the conservatives gone who said McCain lost because he wasn't conservative enough?

Shouldn't they be here hammering Romney for this headlong stampede to the left?

Where have all the conservatives gone who said McCain lost because he wasn't conservative enough?

I was a Romney backer in 2008.

He is a man who can get the Dems to work with him. He has the record to prove it.

Never liked McCain, never will.... (I do salute his heroic military service though)

One more thing... if he is having a "headlong stampede to the left" why aren't you voting for him?

Let me guess.... he is not really having a "headlong stampede to the left" is he..? :lol:

Last edited:
If he is, why would you vote for him if you're a Republican?

That was McCain.

I voted for McCain when I heard Obama claim his muslim (terrorist) 'faith.' :mad:

But for that one thing, I would have sat the last election out. This time we actually have a candidate we don't hate. :lol:

Did you type that with a straight face? He is the very embodiment of the social Darwinism of the right. He personifies the "greed is good" catechism that was put on steroids during Reagan's time in office, and is the very TRUEST standard bearer of Reagan's legacy.

Granted, he has a habit of being a bit more abrupt, or forthright about his "screw them" attitude, as his disconnect from ordinary Americans is way more loud and proud than it was back in the day, but the overall intent is totally on target.

You all can rest assured that you, too will be fucked over in a Romney administration the same way Reagan fucked you or your parents.

By 'greed is good', I take it you mean he's a successful, self made multi-millionaire with a great head for business.... Yea, God forbid we elect one of those to run this country... much better to elect idiot after idiot.

Greed is never good; Bernie Madoff greed is the embodiment of evil and that is the direction where the GOP has been heading. One simply needs to read the comments posted by the callous conservatives to recognize the immorality (you do know the difference between a moral act, an immoral act and an amoral act now, don't you?) of today's Republicans and Libertarians.

He is a man who can get the Dems to work with him. He has the record to prove it.

Never liked McCain, never will.... (I do salute his heroic military service though)

One more thing... if he is having a "headlong stampede to the left" why aren't you voting for him?

Let me guess.... he is not really having a "headlong stampede to the left" is he..? :lol:

Maybe he's just not self assured enough to land solidly on ANY issue important to the American electorate until the polls come in. A hint to either candidate:
an
I want Al Pachinao in And justice for all nobody less will do. Seriously, I want someone who will cry if I lose.

The RINO epithet has been overused.

There's a great expression someone once said to me. "If you meet three assholes in one day, YOU are probably the asshole."

If you meet three RINOs, you are probably the RINO.

The republican party ala George bush was granted 8 years to fuck it all up (it was their policies and attitudes towards the engine of our economy that eroded everything that made this country work for ALL fucking things up for far longer than that, really). I'm giving President Obama at least that long to pull it all together.

Barb, the left will vote for Obama, the right will vote for Romney, it comes down to the independents, and Obama lost his grip with them.

Barb, the left will vote for Obama, the right will vote for Romney, it comes down to the independents, and Obama lost his grip with them.

Maybe...maybe not

And Romney's plans are what?

Champion small business...how exactly?

If you look at that point in his plan...it's the same old stuff. Reduce regulation (many at the state level he has no bearing on). But there is also a tax cut for small business (which will add to the debt of course). Repeal Obamacare...yet again it shows up here....:badgrin:...and protect workers from labor unions....:eusa_shifty: Other than the tax cut none of that is going to do anything.

Increase trade. Tto Central America? The same people who are coming here to escape poverty in their homeland? Not going to work. Get tough on China? Sure...and that may actually save a few pennies but it's hard to get tough on someone who owns your debt. Try to get tough with Visa and tell me how that goes. Create a Reagan Economic Zone and open more markets...:confused: It's funny if you look at his website; you can look at what they call the "One Pager" and get a synopsis. But if you want to look at the full plan, you can click on a different link that has almost no mention of the items in the One Pager. Mitt's Plan to Create 12 Million New Jobs | Mitt Romney for President

But you wanted to talk about spending issues...Lets look at the Governor's plan. Lets look at the Governor's Spending plans from his own website: Spending | Mitt Romney for President

1. The Federal Government Should Stop Doing Things The American People Can’t Afford, For Instance:
o Repeal Obamacare — Savings: $95 Billion. President Obama’s costly takeover of the health care system imposes an enormous and unaffordable obligation on the federal government while intervening in a matter that should be left to the states. Mitt will begin his efforts to repeal this legislation on Day One.
o Privatize Amtrak — Savings: $1.6 Billion. Despite requirement that Amtrak operate on a for-profit basis, it continues to receive about $1.6 billion in taxpayer funds each year. Forty-one of Amtrak’s 44 routes lost money in 2008 with losses ranging from $5 to $462 per passenger.
o Reduce Subsidies For The National Endowments For The Arts And Humanities, The Corporation For Public Broadcasting, And The Legal Services Corporation — Savings: $600 Million. NEA, NEH, and CPB provide grants to supplement other sources of funding. LSC funds services mostly duplicative of those already offered by states, localities, bar associations and private organizations.
o Eliminate Title X Family Planning Funding — Savings: $300 Million. Title X subsidizes family planning programs that benefit abortion groups like Planned Parenthood.
o Reduce Foreign Aid — Savings: $100 Million. Stop borrowing money from countries that oppose America’s interests in order to give it back to them in the form of foreign aid.
If pursued with focus and discipline, Mitt’s approach provides a roadmap to rescue the federal government from its present precipice. But that respite will be short-lived without a plan for the looming long-term threat posed by the unsustainable nature of existing entitlement obligations. Learn more about Mitt’s proposals for entitlement reform: Medicare and Social Security.
2. Empower States To Innovate — Savings: >$100 billion
o Block grants have huge potential to generate both superior results and cost savings by establishing local control and promoting innovation in areas such as Medicaid and Worker Retraining. Medicaid spending should be capped and increased each year by CPI + 1%. Department of Labor retraining spending should be capped and will increase in future years. These funds should then be given to the states to spend on their own residents. States will be free from Washington micromanagement, allowing them to develop innovative approaches that improve quality and reduce cost.
3. Improve Efficiency And Effectiveness. Where the federal government should act, it must do a better job. For instance:
o Reduce Waste And Fraud — Savings: $60 Billion. The federal government made $125 billion in improper payments last year. Cutting that amount in half through stricter enforcement and harsher penalties yields returns many times over on the investment.
o Align Federal Employee Compensation With The Private Sector — Savings: $47 Billion. Federal compensation exceeds private sector levels by as much as 30 to 40 percent when benefits are taken into account. This must be corrected.
o Repeal The Davis-Bacon Act — Savings: $11 Billion. Davis-Bacon forces the government to pay above-market wages, insulating labor unions from competition and driving up project costs by approximately 10 percent.
o Reduce The Federal Workforce By 10 Percent Via Attrition — Savings: $4 Billion. Despite widespread layoffs in the private sector, President Obama has continued to grow the federal payrolls. The federal workforce can be reduced by 10 percent through a “1-for-2” system of attrition, thereby reducing the number of federal employees while allowing the introduction of new talent into the federal service.
o Consolidate agencies and streamline processes to cut costs and improve results in everything from energy permitting to worker retraining to trade negotiation.

Add up the savings HE says he will get and you come up with $319.6B in supposed savings. Hardly a drop in the bucket compared to his increases in Defense.

So if it's the savings debt and deficit you want to tackle, it would seem that Romney isn't your guy--if you go by Romney's numbers.

The uptick in Military spending has to come from somewhere....the money to balance the budget is going to come from somewhere...the money to pay off the deficit is going to come from some where.

Can you--a Romney supporter--tell me how the math adds up? I don't see where it does.

He's on record as saying he's not going to raise taxes:

And I will not — I will not under any circumstances, reduce the share that's being paid by the highest income taxpayers. And I will not, under any circumstances increase taxes on the middle-class.

Read more: Presidential debate transcript, questions, Oct. 16, 2012 (text, video) - Politico Staff - POLITICO.com

So it's all on the spending side.

Please show me how he's going to cut taxes on small businesses, increase the defense spending, and balance the budget while paying off the debt. Would you, please?

You can't trust what he says...he said one thing a few months ago and is now saying another. It has happened now for 20+ years.

If you look at that point in his plan...it's the same old stuff. Reduce regulation (many at the state level he has no bearing on). But there is also a tax cut for small business (which will add to the debt of course). Repeal Obamacare...yet again it shows up here....:badgrin:...and protect workers from labor unions....:eusa_shifty: Other than the tax cut none of that is going to do anything.

Increase trade. Tto Central America? The same people who are coming here to escape poverty in their homeland? Not going to work. Get tough on China? Sure...and that may actually save a few pennies but it's hard to get tough on someone who owns your debt. Try to get tough with Visa and tell me how that goes. Create a Reagan Economic Zone and open more markets...:confused: It's funny if you look at his website; you can look at what they call the "One Pager" and get a synopsis. But if you want to look at the full plan, you can click on a different link that has almost no mention of the items in the One Pager. Mitt's Plan to Create 12 Million New Jobs | Mitt Romney for President

But you wanted to talk about spending issues...Lets look at the Governor's plan. Lets look at the Governor's Spending plans from his own website: Spending | Mitt Romney for President

1. The Federal Government Should Stop Doing Things The American People Can’t Afford, For Instance:
o Repeal Obamacare — Savings: $95 Billion. President Obama’s costly takeover of the health care system imposes an enormous and unaffordable obligation on the federal government while intervening in a matter that should be left to the states. Mitt will begin his efforts to repeal this legislation on Day One.
o Privatize Amtrak — Savings: $1.6 Billion. Despite requirement that Amtrak operate on a for-profit basis, it continues to receive about $1.6 billion in taxpayer funds each year. Forty-one of Amtrak’s 44 routes lost money in 2008 with losses ranging from $5 to $462 per passenger.
o Reduce Subsidies For The National Endowments For The Arts And Humanities, The Corporation For Public Broadcasting, And The Legal Services Corporation — Savings: $600 Million. NEA, NEH, and CPB provide grants to supplement other sources of funding. LSC funds services mostly duplicative of those already offered by states, localities, bar associations and private organizations.
o Eliminate Title X Family Planning Funding — Savings: $300 Million. Title X subsidizes family planning programs that benefit abortion groups like Planned Parenthood.
o Reduce Foreign Aid — Savings: $100 Million. Stop borrowing money from countries that oppose America’s interests in order to give it back to them in the form of foreign aid.
If pursued with focus and discipline, Mitt’s approach provides a roadmap to rescue the federal government from its present precipice. But that respite will be short-lived without a plan for the looming long-term threat posed by the unsustainable nature of existing entitlement obligations. Learn more about Mitt’s proposals for entitlement reform: Medicare and Social Security.
2. Empower States To Innovate — Savings: >$100 billion
o Block grants have huge potential to generate both superior results and cost savings by establishing local control and promoting innovation in areas such as Medicaid and Worker Retraining. Medicaid spending should be capped and increased each year by CPI + 1%. Department of Labor retraining spending should be capped and will increase in future years. These funds should then be given to the states to spend on their own residents. States will be free from Washington micromanagement, allowing them to develop innovative approaches that improve quality and reduce cost.
3. Improve Efficiency And Effectiveness. Where the federal government should act, it must do a better job. For instance:
o Reduce Waste And Fraud — Savings: $60 Billion. The federal government made $125 billion in improper payments last year. Cutting that amount in half through stricter enforcement and harsher penalties yields returns many times over on the investment.
o Align Federal Employee Compensation With The Private Sector — Savings: $47 Billion. Federal compensation exceeds private sector levels by as much as 30 to 40 percent when benefits are taken into account. This must be corrected.
o Repeal The Davis-Bacon Act — Savings: $11 Billion. Davis-Bacon forces the government to pay above-market wages, insulating labor unions from competition and driving up project costs by approximately 10 percent.
o Reduce The Federal Workforce By 10 Percent Via Attrition — Savings: $4 Billion. Despite widespread layoffs in the private sector, President Obama has continued to grow the federal payrolls. The federal workforce can be reduced by 10 percent through a “1-for-2” system of attrition, thereby reducing the number of federal employees while allowing the introduction of new talent into the federal service.
o Consolidate agencies and streamline processes to cut costs and improve results in everything from energy permitting to worker retraining to trade negotiation.

Add up the savings HE says he will get and you come up with $319.6B in supposed savings. Hardly a drop in the bucket compared to his increases in Defense.

So if it's the savings debt and deficit you want to tackle, it would seem that Romney isn't your guy--if you go by Romney's numbers.

The uptick in Military spending has to come from somewhere....the money to balance the budget is going to come from somewhere...the money to pay off the deficit is going to come from some where.

Can you--a Romney supporter--tell me how the math adds up? I don't see where it does.

And I will not — I will not under any circumstances, reduce the share that's being paid by the highest income taxpayers. And I will not, under any circumstances increase taxes on the middle-class.

Read more: Presidential debate transcript, questions, Oct. 16, 2012 (text, video) - Politico Staff - POLITICO.com

Please show me how he's going to cut taxes on small businesses, increase the defense spending, and balance the budget while paying off the debt. Would you, please?

I'm willing to give a guy that does have a plan (whether you agree with it or not) a chance over a guy who has proven he has nothing.
If Mitt doesn't produce, then we have another election in 2016. See, this is how it works in the country, if they aren't up for the task we get rid of them.

I'm willing to give a guy that does have a plan (whether you agree with it or not) a chance over a guy who has proven he has nothing.
If Mitt doesn't produce, then we have another election in 2016. See, this is how it works in the country, if they aren't up for the task we get rid of them.

IF Obama were to have the same plan then you'd vote for him eventhough you know that the details of the plan were never, ever going to happen...is that the case?

Forum List

Back