Simple Question: Did we (USA) win Iraq War?

Did We Win the Iraq War

• Yes

Votes: 32 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 37 53.6%

• Total voters
In answer to the question posed by the thread, WE LOST. We lost lives and treasure, prestige, allies and influence. We lost over 200 years of tradition when we invaded and occupied a nation which did not attack us, and, if the only measure of winning is to conquer the enemy, we failed.
Of course the Iraq Army and elite R. Guard was defeated in a few weeks, but what followed was unexpected, at least by the power elite who decided war on Iraq was necessary. A guerilla war that has lasted longer than WW II.
Mission Accomplished? Only fools and liars say so.

Germany never attacked us, neither did Korea nor Vietnam.

Get a fucking clue before you post again. Since you don't have a clue of your own, see if you can rent one from somebody else

I knew that in the 60's the Marxists wanted us to lose Vietnam but I never thought I'd live to see the day when they would get the entire Democrat party to think and act like them, it's really fucking revolting

Germany attacked us just as much as the Somali pirates did. How many US freighters were sunk before we entered into WWII?

In answer to the question posed by the thread, WE LOST. We lost lives and treasure, prestige, allies and influence. We lost over 200 years of tradition when we invaded and occupied a nation which did not attack us, and, if the only measure of winning is to conquer the enemy, we failed.
Of course the Iraq Army and elite R. Guard was defeated in a few weeks, but what followed was unexpected, at least by the power elite who decided war on Iraq was necessary. A guerilla war that has lasted longer than WW II.
Mission Accomplished? Only fools and liars say so.

Get a fucking clue before you post again. Since you don't have a clue of your own, see if you can rent one from somebody else

I knew that in the 60's the Marxists wanted us to lose Vietnam but I never thought I'd live to see the day when they would get the entire Democrat party to think and act like them, it's really fucking revolting

Germany attacked us just as much as the Somali pirates did. How many US freighters were sunk before we entered into WWII?

As many as FDR felt needed to be sunk, but the topic is still Iraq

Same thing I got out of your stupid "Answer": NADA!

Good.

We're in agreement then.

I think your ideas suck and you think my ideas suck.

Except my ideas didn't cost us 4,000 American lives, $1 trillion, and an obligation to police a foreign country forever.

In a single day, your ideas cost us 3,000 lives, a few hundred billion and shut the US Capital Markets down for a week. Nice work

Your camp sure as hell loves celebrating 9/11. Probably because at the end of the day all you have is an attempted cheap shot at pulling emotional strings. Most of us know you cannot produce a respectable argument so we usually feel sorry for you.

Same thing I got out of your stupid "Answer": NADA!

Good.

We're in agreement then.

Except my ideas didn't cost us 4,000 American lives, $1 trillion, and an obligation to police a foreign country forever.

In a single day, your ideas cost us 3,000 lives, a few hundred billion and shut the US Capital Markets down for a week. Nice work

Iraq and Saddam had nothing to do with the attacks on 9/11 and you know that.

You're just trying to weasel out of losing an argument.

Nice try.

Good.

We're in agreement then.

Your camp sure as hell loves celebrating 9/11. Probably because at the end of the day all you have is an attempted cheap shot at pulling emotional strings. Most of us know you cannot produce a respectable argument so we usually feel sorry for you.

We're not Democrats, we don't celebrate 9/11 nor do we say "we cant let a good crisis go to waste".

You can call Iraq for the Insurgency and the Iranians all day and night my pointy headed little friend, the facts make you look worse than foolish

Good.

We're in agreement then.

Nice try.

Democrats tried to ignore Islamic Fundamentalism and Jihadists and I'm pointing out that was not a winning strategy

Good.

We're in agreement then.

Nice try.

Talk about projection.
The argument is that the US has won the Iraq War. The losing side here is trying to change the subject, move the goalposts, obfuscate, name call--anything but admit the obvious truth.

Nice try.

Democrats tried to ignore Islamic Fundamentalism and Jihadists and I'm pointing out that was not a winning strategy

You really truly seriously most definitely should not try to speak on a subject where 99.8% of your education came from msm soundbites.

Nice try.

You really truly seriously most definitely should not try to speak on a subject where 99.8% of your education came from msm soundbites.

That's it? That's your "argument"?

As many as FDR felt needed to be sunk, but the topic is still Iraq

Frank, you're truly very funny (in a very odd way); you brought up Germany and as was correctly pointed out their wolfpacks were ordered to sink all shipping in the Atlantic; a behavior which historically has lead to armed conflict.
You completely missed the point with your comment about N. Korea and Vietnam; I never suggest we should attack N. Korea and even though I enlisted in the Navy in 1969 I never supported our involvement in that conflict. I know my enlistment under those circumstances must confuse you but, frankly (lol) you're likely confused most of the time.
Be assured I thank you for sharing your confusion, it does make for oddly funny moments.

Last edited:
I love it when I get in the last word, and a right wing troll cuts and runs. The conservatives of today seem to be pretty damn uneducated; hate and fear propaganda is as effective today as in past centuries, and appeals to greed too.
I hesitate to call today's conservative stupid, yet, when reading their posts, what's a thinking, educated person to do?

Nice try.

Man, you are something else. You are a nest full of contradictions. Islamic Fundamentalism? Do you even know what that means? You supported the Iraqi Constitution (see below) and apparently the annihilation of the Iraqi Christians and women's rights going back to the Dark Ages.

Well bubba, how was Islamic Fundamentalism NOT a winning strategy? Especially when Republicans are on their side?

(from the Iraqi constitution supported by the Republicans)

Article 2:

First: Islam is the official religion of the State and it is a fundamental source of legislation:

A. No law that contradicts the established provisions of Islam may be established.

Can you even get any more "Islamic Fundamentalism" than that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did somebody surrender?

Not sure what else you'd call this:
SaddamHusseinNoose1.jpg

I love it when I get in the last word, and a right wing troll cuts and runs. The conservatives of today seem to be pretty damn uneducated; hate and fear propaganda is as effective today as in past centuries, and appeals to greed too.
I hesitate to call today's conservative stupid, yet, when reading their posts, what's a thinking, educated person to do?

You labor under the delusion that I have nothing better to do with my remaining time on Earth than to sit here at USMB hitting F5 ever second in hopes that you responded to me.

The Topic remain the same was it was in the OP: Did we win in Iraq

Forum List

Back