Simple Question: Did we (USA) win Iraq War?

Did We Win the Iraq War

• Yes

Votes: 32 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 37 53.6%

• Total voters
No, we have not won in Iraq. We have managed (by putting the number of boots on the ground in 2007that Shinseki asked for four years earlier) to gain enough breathing room that we can withdraw next year or the year after. Then Iraq will ally Iran to keep the U.S. irrelevant in the Middle East.

So what happened at Basra. You Libruls, who were against the Surge and kept telling us the war is lost also keep beating the Iraq=Iran drum and again, reality is not kind to you.

If Iraq wants to ally with Iran, please describe how the Battle of Basra fits your world view?

Oh, and where is Mooky Al Sadr?

Iraq War “To Do” List
1. Defeat Iraqi Military
2. Overrun Baghdad
3. Capture Saddam
4. Begin Martial Law
5. Defeat Insurgency
6. Facilitate Elections
7. Establish New Currency
8. Establish New Constitution
9. Establish Fair Markets
10. Rebuild infrastructure

10 for 10. Chalk it up for the Good Guys.

Is this a parody?

Hmm, so it was a bad argument to attack Iraq because of 9.11. But that argument itself is actually fallacious. So the logical conclusion is Bush is an idiot.
Hellooooo?? Anybody home?

FWIW, every intelligence service in the world reported that Saddam had a WMD program going (which in fact he did). They did not disagree fundamentally with the US assessment.
But none of that is germane to this thread, which asks if we won in Iraq.
So what's the answer?

That is such bullshit and it has become the "It saved lives" myth of Iraq. One example
CBS News Mobile A Spy Speaks Out

Iraq War “To Do” List
1. Defeat Iraqi Military
2. Overrun Baghdad
3. Capture Saddam
4. Begin Martial Law
5. Defeat Insurgency
6. Facilitate Elections

Is this a parody?

Let's here how "The War is Losttttttttttt. Lost!! Lost, My Precious!"

Hmm, so it was a bad argument to attack Iraq because of 9.11. But that argument itself is actually fallacious. So the logical conclusion is Bush is an idiot.

FWIW, every intelligence service in the world reported that Saddam had a WMD program going (which in fact he did). They did not disagree fundamentally with the US assessment.
So what's the answer?

The answer you bumbling idiot is Bush&Co invaded Iraq because they wanted to invade Iraq. It was, is and forever will be a war of choice, paid for on credit and with the lives of nearly 5,000 Americans and untold numbers of permanently wounded.
WMD's were an excuse. There exists clear and convincing (to anyone not a bumbling idiot or willfully ignorant) evidence that Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, William Krystol, Jeb Bush (and more I will name if requested) were advocating regime change in Iraq well before 9-11.
You and other partisans argue Saddam was a threat to the world, yet, stand by as genocide ocurrs in Africa and as a less than sane 'leader' in N. Korea develops a for sure WMD as well as a delivery system.
We invaded Iraq because we wanted to and wanted to because we wanted their oil. The industrial and business oligarchy put Bush&Co into power, creating a mutually beneficial business/government relationship and power elite. Only one reason why I believe that in the first decade of this new century a neofascism framed policy decisions - both in foreign affairs and domestic matters.

Last edited:

So what's the answer?

The answer you bumbling idiot is Bush&Co invaded Iraq because they wanted to invade Iraq. It was, is and forever will be a war of choice, paid for on credit and with the lives of nearly 5,000 Americans and untold numbers of permanently wounded.
WMD's were an excuse. There exists clear and convincing (to anyone not a bumbling idiot or willfully ignorant) evidence that Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, William Krystol, Jeb Bush (and more I will name if requested) were advocating regime change in Iraq well before 9-11.
You and other partisans argue Saddam was a threat to the world, yet, stand by as genocide ocurrs in Africa and as a less than sane 'leader' in N. Korea develops a for sure WMD as well as a delivery system.
We invaded Iraq because we wanted to and wanted to because we wanted their oil. The industrial and business oligarchy put Bush&Co into power, creating a mutually beneficial business/government relationship and power elite. Only one reason why I believe that in the first decade of this new century a neofascism framed policy decisions - both in foreign affairs and domestic matters.

Wow, I've never seen so many Democratic sound bites strung together in one post. A new low!
So Pres Bush invaded Iraq because he wanted to. Because we know wars always cause the incumbent to grow in popularity (see under "Nixon") as people's kids are killed and money gets spent.
We were hypocritical because we invaded Iraq but not N.Korea. There are lots of other countries we didnt invade either, like Serbia and Somalia. Oops, I guess we did invade those countries. But those were good wars, right?
You are a complete tool. Your views are self-contradictory, never mind contradicting facts. You make things up. You listen to voices in your head. Your head is stuffed with broccoli.
I doubt you have one coherent thought on the subject, one thing that you aren't simply repeating verbatim off CNN or something.

In answer to the question posed by the thread, WE LOST. We lost lives and treasure, prestige, allies and influence. We lost over 200 years of tradition when we invaded and occupied a nation which did not attack us, and, if the only measure of winning is to conquer the enemy, we failed.
Of course the Iraq Army and elite R. Guard was defeated in a few weeks, but what followed was unexpected, at least by the power elite who decided war on Iraq was necessary. A guerilla war that has lasted longer than WW II.
Mission Accomplished? Only fools and liars say so.

Iraq War “To Do” List
1. Defeat Iraqi Military
2. Overrun Baghdad
3. Capture Saddam
With a $500 billion defense budget, it would have been damn sad if we couldn't have accomlished these three.

4. Begin Martial Law
I'm sure the Iraqis love that.

5. Defeat Insurgency
I guess you missed last weekends events in Baghdad

6. Facilitate Elections
We already have elections. Every year, first Tuesday in November.

We have a perfectly good currency.

We have a perfectly good constitution.

We have the fairest markets in the world.

I suppose our infrastrucure could use a bit of work but all in all it's not so bad.

So what did we get out of this fucking fiasco?

Nada.

In answer to the question posed by the thread, WE LOST. We lost lives and treasure, prestige, allies and influence. We lost over 200 years of tradition when we invaded and occupied a nation which did not attack us, and, if the only measure of winning is to conquer the enemy, we failed.
Of course the Iraq Army and elite R. Guard was defeated in a few weeks, but what followed was unexpected, at least by the power elite who decided war on Iraq was necessary. A guerilla war that has lasted longer than WW II.

Gee I guess we lost WW1 and WW2 as well based on those metrics.

I have never seen people more intent on being losers than the Left.

But we did lose the Vietnam War based on those metrics :doubt:

Iraq War “To Do” List
1. Defeat Iraqi Military
2. Overrun Baghdad
3. Capture Saddam
4. Begin Martial Law
5. Defeat Insurgency
6. Facilitate Elections

Is this a parody?

Thanks for answering. Now that I know it isn't a parody do you think I would be arrogant enough to try and present why it is such a disaster? It would be more productive to massage tires. That are cruising on an SUV at 70 mph.

Germany never attacked us, neither did Korea nor Vietnam.

Get a fucking clue before you post again. Since you don't have a clue of your own, see if you can rent one from somebody else

I knew that in the 60's the Marxists wanted us to lose Vietnam but I never thought I'd live to see the day when they would get the entire Democrat party to think and act like them, it's really fucking revolting

I have never seen people more intent on being losers than the Left.

Whi in the hell is dumb enough to believe it is only the "left" that is against nation building?

Iraq War “To Do” List
1. Defeat Iraqi Military
2. Overrun Baghdad
3. Capture Saddam
With a $500 billion defense budget, it would have been damn sad if we couldn't have accomlished these three.

4. Begin Martial Law

I suppose our infrastrucure could use a bit of work but all in all it's not so bad.

Nada.

Same thing I got out of your stupid "Answer": NADA!

Iraq War “To Do” List
1. Defeat Iraqi Military
2. Overrun Baghdad
3. Capture Saddam
4. Begin Martial Law
5. Defeat Insurgency
6. Facilitate Elections

Dear Frank,

NO, this war has been totally lost for more than a year now.

Sincerely,

Harry Reid

See, the difference is unlike when Kronkite called Vietnam for the North after Tet, when we inflicted one of the worst asskicking in modern warfare on them, you Librul fuckers DON'T CONTROL THE MEDIA ANYMORE!

You can call Iraq for the Insurgency all day and night but you are LYING AND WRONG!

Iraq War “To Do” List
1. Defeat Iraqi Military
2. Overrun Baghdad
3. Capture Saddam

Nada.

Good.

We're in agreement then.

I think your ideas suck and you think my ideas suck.

Except my ideas didn't cost us 4,000 American lives, $1 trillion, and an obligation to police a foreign country forever.

Nada.

Good.

We're in agreement then.

I think your ideas suck and you think my ideas suck.

Except my ideas didn't cost us 4,000 American lives, $1 trillion, and an obligation to police a foreign country forever.

In a single day, your ideas cost us 3,000 lives, a few hundred billion and shut the US Capital Markets down for a week. Nice work

Thanks for answering. Now that I know it isn't a parody do you think I would be arrogant enough to try and present why it is such a disaster? It would be more productive to massage tires. That are cruising on an SUV at 70 mph.

Fucking coward.

That's the best you can do? Try again and this time......please put some effort into it.

I happened to notice something missing from your list. How come you didn't include:

"Install a Shiite dominated Islamic Theocracy."

Don't tell me you're one of those war supporters who has never read Iraq's Constitution? You also seem like the genius gem type who derides Islam while at the same time supporting a machine that installed an Islamic Theocracy.

Forum List

Back