Simple Point Missing in the Union threads

The only ones in the Union making real Money is the union bosses and the minions under them are too stupid to know that. They use their tax dollars to pay off politicians and go on conference in mexico while the little guy is working their ass off. The bosses are also laughing their ass off because they get all this free money

The only ones in the Union making real Money is the union bosses and the minions under them are too stupid to know that. They use their tax dollars to pay off politicians and go on conference in mexico while the little guy is working their ass off. The bosses are also laughing their ass off because they get all this free money

Concrete worker makes 30 an hour. A elevator tech makes about 80 an hour. Both in unions. But hey why stop talking out of your ass?

He's a Conservative. It's easier to make up facts about life than it is to actually know shit. Talking out of their asses is just how they roll.

Yeah. I always see union guys out there with guns telling people, "GET IN MY UNION OR I'LL KILL YOU."

Oh wait, that's Republicans. My bad.

Liar.

Everyone knows that when there is a union you either pay to be in it or you pay to be near it.

and when have reps ever forced anyone to join anything?

oh, and great start. It's always nice to know up front when dealing with a complete and utter liar.

Yeah. I always see union guys out there with guns telling people, "GET IN MY UNION OR I'LL KILL YOU."

Liar.

Everyone knows that when there is a union you either pay to be in it or you pay to be near it.

oh, and great start. It's always nice to know up front when dealing with a complete and utter liar.

Ahahahahaha :lol: You do realize you were talking to a fellow comrade who was being facetious...Oh that's right you missed his OBVIOUS sarcasm :redface:

Last edited:

Liar.

Dude. Take a dopamine shot and chill the fuck out. I was making a joke. ABOUT Republicans and their boner for guns. I'm here for you, Comrade (Because we're all Kenyan Communists).

Liar.

Dude. Take a dopamine shot and chill the fuck out. I was making a joke. ABOUT Republicans and their boner for guns. I'm here for you, Comrade (Because we're all Kenyan Communists).
If you have to 'splain the "joke", then it ain't funny, Gomer.

Liar.

If you have to 'splain the "joke", then it ain't funny, Gomer.

Gomer? Jesus Grampa, update your pop-culture reference Rolodex.

union-card-not_5.jpg

7% of the US workforce is union.
We will not kneel at the union altar.
Unions had their useful period. Unions are nearly out of relevance

So Repubs believe that workers need no protection? Or that workers protection from corporations is an outdated idea? Also you guys are using the "force people into unions" meme at the same time as you are saying the opposite meme "If you dont like the job find another one"

If you dont want a union job no one is forcing you to take the job.

You see tis happening now, CEO's wont give up their bonuses wen their company isnt profitable so what do they do? Fire employees and keep their bonuses. Trusting is one ting but to destroy the protections and replace it with trust is rediculous

Concrete worker makes 30 an hour. A elevator tech makes about 80 an hour. Both in unions. But hey why stop talking out of your ass?
My husband makes 30.00 an hour and everything over 36 hours is overtime . He works at least 2 extra days in a payday of overtime ( Over the 36 hours) and can work more if he wants to but wants to spend some time with family He has great benefits as well and a lot of vacation time. We dont need some middle man to take our money he works on his own merit and does quite well. .. Plus he gets his E8 retirement from the navy . ALL non union.. We are living quite well without any union help:eusa_boohoo:

My husband makes 30.00 an hour and everything over 36 hours is overtime . He works at least 2 extra days in a payday of overtime ( Over the 36 hours) and can work more if he wants to but wants to spend some time with family He has great benefits as well and a lot of vacation time. We dont need some middle man to take our money he works on his own merit and does quite well. .. Plus he gets his E8 retirement from the navy . ALL non union.. We are living quite well without any union help:eusa_boohoo:

Your situation has nothing to do with Unions and why they are needed. Thats great but you have to realize that workers protection cannot be a bad thing. Maybe their are bad bosses in the Union but theres bad bosses everywhere. Unions arent the only ones but they are the only bosses attacked by Repubs

It's easier to moan-n-groan on the interwebz than it is to go get another job. ;)

But why should he have to do that? Why not just have employers keep their word?

I haven't worked for anyone who hasn't lied to me at least once. I doubt anyone else here has, either, if they are being honest.

Unions are necessary to level the playing field. Nothing more, nothing less. If it was a level playing field to start with, there wouldn't be an issue.

But since 1980, worker salaries have remained flat (after adjusting for inflation) while Executive Salaries have increased from 44 times what a line worker makes to 470 times what a line worker makes. This is certainly not a case of rewarding management, it's just putting the wrong people in charge of the cookie jar.

And they want you to fight over the last cookie.
Did employer make any promise to hand out bonuses?

In any case, if your job sucks the only one with any control to positively change that situation is you.....Whining-n-crying on the innertubes don't pay the bills.

I've lost count of how many promises that this employer has broken, and the current one is vastly better than the last one was. They will always try to cheat you if they can get away with it, and they will usually get away with it becasue they have more power than you do. Now, true, if we had unemployment like we had under Clinton, (you know, when our worst problem was worrying if the president got a blow job) you have a bit more power, because changing jobs was easier.

Look, all a union does is make sure that the working guy ain't bringing a knife to a gunfight. They get promises from employers and they hold them to those promises. I'm just not seeing why so many working people see that as a problem.

Or why they think that it's okay if the other guy gets a raw deal.

Well Buckeye, you've never needed a unions help and thats why you think it's a waste. If you ever needed their help you would besieging another tune. It's like insurance. Everyone thinks they pay for nothing until their car gets smashed.

Unions had their place in America long ago, now they are a way for Union Leaders to make a living.

I have a story of how useful unions are.

I had a friend who worked on Overhead Cranes about 20 years ago, one day the Crane Broke down, this was a Crane Responsible for Shipping all the Pipe produced at Acipco (American Cast Iron Pipe Co.)

After climbing onto the Crane, he traced the trouble to a defective gear in gearbox of the Crane.

A light bulb was burned out that would allow enough light to safely disassemble the gearbox and replace the gear. A flashlight would nor be sufficient for this process.

Being that Acipco was Union, he had to call for an Electrician to replace the Bulb. He could not replace the Bulb as he was not in that part of the Union.

After filling out the paperwork and waiting for a Electrical Union Member to replace the Bulb for over 5 hours, he was able to start replacing the gear. (the bulb was a 100 watt bulb like we have in most of our light fixtures at home, take 30 seconds to replace)

Because this was the main Load Out Crane, production stopped for over 5 hours, which left about 450 workers idle for 5 hours.

All because of a stupid Union.........

This just one example of why Unions are ruining America.

They had their place long, long ago as I said, the last 40 years they are a Joke, just an expensive Joke.

Unions Today, especially Government Unions are about one thing, making sure your Pay is based on Seniority and not about the Quality of your Work

I had a friend who knew somebody once who picked up a girl at a bar, and then he woke up the next morning in a bathtub full of ice with one of his kidney's removed.

So other than this dubious urban legend, what do you really have. Frankly, taking 5 hours to fix a gearbox in a crane sounds like a pretty quick turnaround job.

I had a friend who knew somebody once who picked up a girl at a bar, and then he woke up the next morning in a bathtub full of ice with one of his kidney's removed.

So other than this dubious urban legend, what do you really have. Frankly, taking 5 hours to fix a gearbox in a crane sounds like a pretty quick turnaround job.

I used to deal with permits for state construction jobs and I can tell you that union labor does nothing but slow down work and inflate prices.

I've told this story before so here's the link

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/206314-why-you-hate-unions-8.html#post4758174

Actually it took, 3 hours to fix the gearbox, the 5 hours was waiting for the Electrician to change the light bulb, when my friend could have done it in 30 seconds.

It is not an urban legend, Tom was my friend. He passed away 11 years ago.

Just because someone does not have a link to an Associated Press Article on the Internet you assume it is false? What a shame.............

I used to deal with permits for state construction jobs and I can tell you that union labor does nothing but slow down work and inflate prices.

I've told this story before so here's the link

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/206314-why-you-hate-unions-8.html#post4758174

Yes, you have. Incessantly.

And if only union folks did this, you might have a point. But frankly, non-union shops do the same thing. I've been charged an hour for labor for repairs that only took ten minutes to do, and they charge me travel as well.

Actually it took, 3 hours to fix the gearbox, the 5 hours was waiting for the Electrician to change the light bulb, when my friend could have done it in 30 seconds.

Just because someone does not have a link to an Associated Press Article on the Internet you assume it is false? What a shame.............

No, actually, I don't buy them because I hear these stories, and there's almost always more to them.

Do I think Unions milk a job? Yup. And so do non-union guys when they are being paid hourly. Having worked both salaried and hourly jobs, I can tell you, when you pay hourly, they will work more hours.

So what?

I'd rather have a working guy get it than a billionaire who didn't do any work.

No, actually, I don't buy them because I hear these stories, and there's almost always more to them.

Do I think Unions milk a job? Yup. And so do non-union guys when they are being paid hourly. Having worked both salaried and hourly jobs, I can tell you, when you pay hourly, they will work more hours.

So what?

I'd rather have a working guy get it than a billionaire who didn't do any work.

I agree, many people Milk Jobs on Both sides of the coin.

The only problem is when a Union Member steals from the company by goofing off they get a note/warning and the chances of getting fired is very, very slim.... when a non-union person steals from the company they have much deeper repercussions.

I too have worked in the real world for over 40 years and can tell examples of both sides.

The bottom line is always the same thing, Unions do not promote higher pay for excellence in work, they promote higher pay for how long someone has been a paying member.

Forum List

Back