SILLY SARA PALIN, "Death Panels" in the STIMULUS BILL not the Health Care Bill

So Ravi did you read those pages of the stimulus bill yet and figure out where I got it wrong?

Or is the actual stimulus bill not a credible enough link for you?

Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

you can try getting it from here. It is version H.R.1.EH

I opened both links you provided. I began comparing the House version to the Senate Amendments, but I am limited on time right now, so I didn't read over all the Senate's amendments on the critical points you outlined. Consequently, can I assume this Bill was passed by the Senate with the House version pretty much intact?

It really ticks me off how they always slip in unrelated legislation into Bills just to get votes. In this case, this Bill was sold to the public as a stimulus package, and if not passed, our world would crumble. Many Americans knew this Bill was just a bunch of crap.

Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

you can try getting it from here. It is version H.R.1.EH

I opened both links you provided. I began comparing the House version to the Senate Amendments, but I am limited on time right now, so I didn't read over all the Senate's amendments on the critical points you outlined. Consequently, can I assume this Bill was passed by the Senate with the House version pretty much intact?

It really ticks me off how they always slip in unrelated legislation into Bills just to get votes. In this case, this Bill was sold to the public as a stimulus package, and if not passed, our world would crumble. Many Americans knew this Bill was just a bunch of crap.

Yea it was.

I'll be checking the thread if you find something you want to discuss or challenge.

Ladies and gentleman, if ever you loved your country, and hope it to continue offering opportunity for future generations, please pay attention to what is going on about us now.

Talk to all you can as we head into the 2010 election cycle. People must vote, and vote in force. At present it is the best hope we have of slowing down this legislative madness...

So not one of those people in here who support the bills put forth by the current administration can prove any of my claims wrong.

Its good to know you all admit, through your silence, that the government has indeed passed legislation that includes a panel of individuals who will decide what level of care you should receive at the doctor.

Good to know guys.

Ok Ok so MAYBE i made the title to grab your attention but there are some changes to the health care system made by the stimulus bill as described below. This is ALREADY LAW so we cant fight to prevent it, we let them pass this already.

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=111_cong_bills&docid=f:h1eh.txt.pdf

Read the following pages 445, 454, 479. Your medical treatments will be tracked electronically by a federal system. Having electronic medical records at your fingertips, easily transferred to a hospital, is beneficial. It will help avoid duplicate tests and errors.

442, 446. One new bureaucracy, the National Coordinator of Health Information Technology (lovingly referred to by conservatives as DEATH PANEL), will monitor treatments to make sure your doctor is doing what the federal government deems appropriate and cost effective. The goal is to reduce costs and “guide” your doctor’s decisions (442, 446). These provisions in the stimulus bill are virtually identical to what Daschle prescribed in his 2008 book, “Critical: What We Can Do About the Health-Care Crisis.” According to Daschle, doctors have to give up autonomy and “learn to operate less like solo practitioners.”

Pages 511, 518, 540-541. Hospitals and doctors that are not “meaningful users” of the new system will face penalties. “Meaningful user” isn’t defined in the bill. That will be left to the HHS secretary, who will be empowered to impose “more stringent measures of meaningful use over time”

pages 190-192. What penalties will deter your doctor from going beyond the electronically delivered protocols when your condition is atypical or you need an experimental treatment? The vagueness is intentional. In his book, Daschle proposed an appointed body with vast powers to make the “tough” decisions elected politicians won’t make.

The stimulus bill does that, and calls it the Federal Coordinating Council for Comparative Effectiveness Research. The goal, Daschle’s book explained, is to slow the development and use of new medications and treatments.

Page 464. Medicare now pays for treatments deemed safe and effective. The stimulus bill would change that and apply a cost- effectiveness standard set by the Federal Council
(Read Death Panel to many who don't trust the government)

The Federal Council is modeled after a U.K. board discussed in Daschle’s book. This board approves or rejects treatments using a formula that divides the cost of the treatment by the number of years the patient is likely to benefit

Pages 90-92, 174-177, 181. The stimulus bill will affect every part of health care, from medical and nursing education, to how patients are treated and how much hospitals get paid. The bill allocates more funding for this bureaucracy than for the Army, Navy, Marines, and Air Force combined

And people wonder why I dont trust a 2000 page health care bill :evil:

Yes sireeee she was right all along about those death panels and here they are in black and white for all to see.:lol::lol: and just think more to come. Thanks Pilgrim you are quite the researcher.:clap2::clap2:

So not one of those people in here who support the bills put forth by the current administration can prove any of my claims wrong.

Its good to know you all admit, through your silence, that the government has indeed passed legislation that includes a panel of individuals who will decide what level of care you should receive at the doctor.

Good to know guys.

The silence is deafening, isn't it? You put Palin in your title so I know you got lots of hits, from lots of trolls trolling for the dirt on Palin, just no one wants to respond to the truth and the facts that are in black and white for all to see. Do you think maybe they are in the corner with bags over their heads and thumbs stuck in their mouths??? I do, they are left speechless.

Ok Ok so MAYBE i made the title to grab your attention but there are some changes to the health care system made by the stimulus bill as described below. This is ALREADY LAW so we cant fight to prevent it, we let them pass this already.

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=111_cong_bills&docid=f:h1eh.txt.pdf

Read the following pages 445, 454, 479. Your medical treatments will be tracked electronically by a federal system. Having electronic medical records at your fingertips, easily transferred to a hospital, is beneficial. It will help avoid duplicate tests and errors.

442, 446. One new bureaucracy, the National Coordinator of Health Information Technology (lovingly referred to by conservatives as DEATH PANEL), will monitor treatments to make sure your doctor is doing what the federal government deems appropriate and cost effective. The goal is to reduce costs and “guide” your doctor’s decisions (442, 446). These provisions in the stimulus bill are virtually identical to what Daschle prescribed in his 2008 book, “Critical: What We Can Do About the Health-Care Crisis.” According to Daschle, doctors have to give up autonomy and “learn to operate less like solo practitioners.”

Pages 511, 518, 540-541. Hospitals and doctors that are not “meaningful users” of the new system will face penalties. “Meaningful user” isn’t defined in the bill. That will be left to the HHS secretary, who will be empowered to impose “more stringent measures of meaningful use over time”

pages 190-192. What penalties will deter your doctor from going beyond the electronically delivered protocols when your condition is atypical or you need an experimental treatment? The vagueness is intentional. In his book, Daschle proposed an appointed body with vast powers to make the “tough” decisions elected politicians won’t make.

The stimulus bill does that, and calls it the Federal Coordinating Council for Comparative Effectiveness Research. The goal, Daschle’s book explained, is to slow the development and use of new medications and treatments.

Page 464. Medicare now pays for treatments deemed safe and effective. The stimulus bill would change that and apply a cost- effectiveness standard set by the Federal Council
(Read Death Panel to many who don't trust the government)

The Federal Council is modeled after a U.K. board discussed in Daschle’s book. This board approves or rejects treatments using a formula that divides the cost of the treatment by the number of years the patient is likely to benefit

Pages 90-92, 174-177, 181. The stimulus bill will affect every part of health care, from medical and nursing education, to how patients are treated and how much hospitals get paid. The bill allocates more funding for this bureaucracy than for the Army, Navy, Marines, and Air Force combined

:lol::lol::lol: good title to get attention--:lol::lol::lol: Hey & I am all for efficiency. BUT coming from the Federal Government who could not operate a lemonade stand without driving it into bankruptsy--give me a break--:lol::lol:

Hey--where are all the libs that were screaming that the books they checked out from the library are being invaded by the Federal Government.under the Patriot Act. They now seem to be O.K. with with Federal Government taking charge of their medical records--:lol::lol:

How sad, PP has become an hysteric.

Media Matters for America

How sad, PP has become an hysteric.

Media Matters for America

Ravi, I gave a link to the bill and specific page numbers backing up my little paragraphs.

Go READ it. I got the information from within the stimulus bill itself and made it VERY VERY easy to go verify. I even color coded my response so if someone had issue with a specific interpretation of the bill they could address it with me.

Did I get anything wrong? Please tell me what I specifically interpreted wrong so we can discuss it.

Still waiting :(

Well actually, not in the Stimulus Bill either, but in a BOOK by Daschle and then ONLY if you let CON$ pervert the words in the book.
But hey, that's close enough for CON$ to RATIONALIZE their lies! :cuckoo:

I gave page numbers and the language from within the bill itself. Why dont you accept the challenge and show me how my interpretation of the langauge on the stated page numbers of the stimulus bill is wrong.

Or are you just being a hack? PLEASE take me up on this challenge, I dare you.

First of all, your post is not YOUR misinterpretation of the bill, it is the totally discredited Betsy McCaughey's perversion of the bill you never even read. No wonder honest people never trust anything CON$ say.

Ruin Your Health With the Obama Stimulus Plan: Betsy McCaughey
Ruin Your Health With the Obama Stimulus Plan: Betsy McCaughey - Bloomberg.com

One word from the bill "guide" is not "language" from the bill. Obviously you never bothered to read the pages you cited yourself. SHE, not YOU, took one word from the bill and seven words from Daschle's book and everything else from her perverted imagination.

From the actual bill starting on pg 441:

‘‘Subtitle A—Promotion of Health
9 Information Technology
10 ‘‘SEC. 3001. OFFICE OF THE NATIONAL COORDINATOR FOR
11 HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY.
12 ‘‘(a) ESTABLISHMENT.—There is established within
13 the Department of Health and Human Services an Office
14 of the National Coordinator for Health Information Tech15
nology (referred to in this section as the ‘Office’). The Of16
fice shall be headed by a National Coordinator who shall
17 be appointed by the Secretary and shall report directly to
18 the Secretary.
19 ‘‘(b) PURPOSE.—The National Coordinator shall per20
form the duties under subsection (c) in a manner con21
sistent with the development of a nationwide health infor22
mation technology infrastructure that allows for the elec23
tronic use and exchange of information and that

•HR 1 EH
1 ‘‘(1) ensures that each patient’s health informa-
2 tion is secure and protected,
in accordance with ap-
3 plicable law;
4 ‘‘(2) improves health care quality, reduces med-
5 ical errors, reduces health disparities, and advances
6 the delivery of patient-centered medical care;

7 ‘‘(3) reduces health care costs resulting from
8 inefficiency, medical errors, inappropriate care, du-
9 plicative care, and incomplete information;
10 ‘‘(4) provides appropriate information to help
11 guide medical decisions at the time and place of
12 care;
13 ‘‘(5) ensures the inclusion of meaningful public
14 input in such development of such infrastructure;
15 ‘‘(6) improves the coordination of care and in-
16 formation among hospitals, laboratories, physician
17 offices, and other entities through an effective infra-
18 structure for the secure and authorized exchange of
19 health care information;
20 ‘‘(7) improves public health activities and facili-
21 tates the early identification and rapid response to
22 public health threats and emergencies, including bio-
23 terror events and infectious disease outbreaks;
24 ‘‘(8) facilitates health and clinical research and
25 health care quality

•HR 1 EH
1 ‘‘(9) promotes prevention of chronic diseases;
2 ‘‘(10) promotes a more effective marketplace,
3 greater competition, greater systems analysis, in-
4 creased consumer choice, and improved outcomes in
5 health care services; and
6 ‘‘(11) improves efforts to reduce health dispari-
7 ties.

A health benefits advisory council, run by the federal government, to "provide(s) appropriate information to help guide medical decisions at the time and place of care"

What part of that makes you think the federal govt isn't deciding on what level of care a patient receives?

NEXT

I gave page numbers and the language from within the bill itself. Why dont you accept the challenge and show me how my interpretation of the langauge on the stated page numbers of the stimulus bill is wrong.

Or are you just being a hack? PLEASE take me up on this challenge, I dare you.
First of all, your post is not YOUR misinterpretation of the bill, it is the totally discredited Betsy McCaughey's perversion of the bill you never even read. No wonder honest people never trust anything CON$ say.

One word from the bill "guide" is not "language" from the bill. Obviously you never bothered to read the pages you cited yourself. SHE, not YOU, took one word from the bill and seven words from Daschle's book and everything else from her perverted imagination.

9 Information Technology
18 the Secretary.

•HR 1 EH
in accordance with ap-
3 plicable law;

12 care;
25 health care quality

•HR 1 EH
7 ties.

A health benefits advisory council, run by the federal government, to "provide(s) appropriate information to help guide medical decisions at the time and place of care"

What part of that makes you think the federal govt isn't deciding on what level of care a patient receives?

NEXT
Well BETSY, as I said in the other thread, the part I underlined that gives the context and you, Betsy, ignored that came BEFORE the part you cite:
"advance the delivery of patient-centered medical care"

Only dishonest CON$ would call increasing information to doctors and hospitals to provide, quoting from the bill, "increased consumer choice, and improved outcomes in health care services" a "death panel." :cuckoo:

Last edited:

9 Information Technology
18 the Secretary.

•HR 1 EH
in accordance with ap-
3 plicable law;

12 care;
25 health care quality

•HR 1 EH
7 ties.

NEXT
Well BETSY, as I said in the other thread, the part I underlined that gives the context and you, Betsy, ignored came BEFORE the part you cite:

Only dishonest CON$ would call increasing information to doctors and hospitals to provide, quoting from the bill, "increased consumer choice, and improved outcomes in health care services" a "death panel." :cuckoo:
Well, it looks like BETSY (PP) has cut & ran.

It all makes sense now:
1. A Muslim born in Kenya is smuggled into Hawaii. His operatives run birth announcements in the paper there as a distraction to make it look like he was born there. He was smuggled in by a Chaos agent that Maxwell Smart has been looking for.
2. The Director of The Hawaii Department of Vital Statistics is paid off by Chaos and has allowed the forgery of a birth certificate in the name of Barrack Hussein Obama.
3. As Rush Limbaugh has stated many times, there really is no health care crisis in this country.
4. Sean Hannity is correct when he says "We are going to have a government rationing system where if you have breast cancer the governing body will tell you ' You are dead', it is a death sentence".
5. The health care bill provides for euthanasia just like Palin said.
6. The health care will pay for illegal aliens.
7. The health care bill BANS all private insurance.
8. The health care bill is the same as UK and Canada.
9. Obama has plans to resettle thousands of Palestinians in the US.
10. Obama is the anti Christ and a terrorist. Maxwell Smart toldme this personally.
11. Glen Beck calls Obama a fascist so it must be true.
12. Republican Chrysler dealers were targeted by Obama for closure.
13. There ARE death panels in the health care bill. Sarah Palin and Michele Malkin said so.
14. Obama has created his version of the Hitler Youth.
15. The President WILL take all our guns away and ban ammunition from being bought. That, not insider trading that created the myth to make billions, is what drove gun manufacturers stock prices up 3 times their value after the election.

All of this is true, it has to be. I received e-mial chain letters saying it is true.

9 Information Technology
18 the Secretary.

•HR 1 EH
in accordance with ap-
3 plicable law;

12 care;
25 health care quality

•HR 1 EH
7 ties.

NEXT
Well BETSY, as I said in the other thread, the part I underlined that gives the context and you, Betsy, ignored that came BEFORE the part you cite:

Again it is a health benefits advisory council, as set forth in the very language you quoted, which people are considering "death panels". People feel some government agent is going to say granma can't get chemotherapy becuase she is too old and its way cheaper to hop her up on oxycontin till she dies.

If you are going to willfully overlook the very language you quoted its impossible to have an honest debate with you.

‘‘Subtitle A—Promotion of Health Information Technology

14 of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (referred to in this section as the ‘Office’). The Of16
18 the Secretary.
sistent with the development of a nationwide health information technology infrastructure that allows for the elec23

•HR 1 EH
1 ‘‘(1) ensures that each patient’s health information is secure and protected, in accordance with ap-
3 plicable law;

NEXT
Well BETSY, as I said in the other thread, the part I underlined that gives the context and you, Betsy, ignored came BEFORE the part you cite:

Well, it looks like BETSY (PP) has cut & ran.

NEXT

Again it is a health benefits advisory council, as set forth in the very language you quoted, which people are considering "death panels". People feel some government agent is going to say granma can't get chemotherapy becuase she is too old and its way cheaper to hop her up on oxycontin till she dies.

If you are going to willfully overlook the very language you quoted its impossible to have an honest debate with you.
BETSY, BETSY, BETSY don't you ever get tired of lying???

Show me the words health "benefits advisory council" in
"THE VERY LANGUAGE I QUOTED!"
:dig:
How can anyone have an "honest debate" with someone who makes up crap out of thin air and then claims the crap they just made up came from the bill I cited???????????? :cuckoo:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back