Obama Hellcare Begins: Fewer Mammograms

Contumacious

Radical Freedom
Aug 16, 2009
Adjuntas, PR , USA
Federal task force makes radical change in breast cancer screening guidelines

Some questioned whether the new guidelines, coming in the midst of an intense debate about the health-care system and costs, were designed more to control spending than to improve health. In addition to prompting fewer doctors to recommend mammograms to patients, they worried, the move would prompt Medicare and private insurers to deny coverage of many mammograms.

But the American Cancer Society, the American College of Radiology and other experts condemned the change, saying the benefits of routine mammography have been clearly demonstrated and play a key role in reducing the number of mastectomies and the death toll from one of the most common cancers.

"Tens of thousands of lives are being saved by mammography screening, and these idiots want to do away with it," said Daniel B. Kopans, a professor of radiology at Harvard Medical School. "It's crazy -- unethical, really."

."This story may raise your blood pressure, along with some troubling questions about our government's ability to manage a medical bureaucracy. "

The government can't manage any other kind of a bureaucracy so what makes you think they could ever manage a medical bureaucracy?

They want to cut down on prostrate cancer screening as well.

They figure screening won't stop you from getting it.

That's the rationale to everything.

Your gonna die anyway.

Your gonna die anyway.

Who was it who wanted the sick to "die fast"? Wasn't that supposed to be the Republicans? Don't tell me we finally have bipartisan support for something!!!

Your gonna die anyway.

If that's Obama's rationale why don't we just close down all of the hospitals and really save the government some money! If you get sick or hurt, too damned bad. Survival of the fittest, etc.

."This story may raise your blood pressure, along with some troubling questions about our government's ability to manage a medical bureaucracy. "

The government can't manage any other kind of a bureaucracy so what makes you think they could ever manage a medical bureaucracy?

oh....i don't know they seem pretty good at creating and expanding bureaucracy....

Yes, and I just posted the story in another thread. Here comes the "Rationing by Denial"
If you don't believe it, sit and watch this out of control administration screw up the entire country.
We know personally 4 women, three of which are under 50 and one who is 55 and just had a radical mastectomy. The others were in their mid 20's and 30's who were diagnosed with breast cancer and were treated with Chemo and radiation. Are these "Experts" crazy or what? Wait till 50? this and other denials, and believe me the insurance companies will jump all over this one, will result in the deaths of thousands.
What's next, something like......Our "PANEL" has reviewed the Colon Cancer statistics and have found that Colonoscopy screening will be changed from ___ years old to 75 years old, or something as stupid as that.

This is like saying, NO ONE GETS CANCER until they are in their 50's. How about those little kids with terminal cancers and others that are being treated?

To me this is turning into, this might be stretching it, but it almost appears to be a way of "Legalized Genocide" Thinning out the population for the future by not covering various diseases or not covering them until it's too late to treat them, or any of a number of other excuses this administration is prepared to use against the citizens.

These people in D.C. are power hungry, stupid loose cannons that must be voted the heck out before it's too late. AM I nuts or are they? :cuckoo:

Your gonna die anyway.

If that's Obama's rationale why don't we just close down all of the hospitals and really save the government some money! If you get sick or hurt, too damned bad. Survival of the fittest, etc.

excatly...evolution and survival of the fittest....no more government handouts....

And what else does the article state?

washingtonpost.com

A spectrum of women's health advocates, breast cancer experts and public health researchers praised the new guidelines.

"It's about time," said Fran Visco, president of the National Breast Cancer Coalition, a Washington-based patient advocacy group. "Women deserve the truth -- and the truth is the evidence says this is not always helpful and can be harmful."

Susan Love, a well-known breast cancer expert at the University of California at Los Angeles, agreed. "I think that we've oversold early detection. We got carried away with a slogan," Love said. "We're not saying don't do it. Some women should get routine screening. But not all. We think in our society that more is always better. What we're saying is, 'It's not.' "

While the American Cancer Society said it has no plans to changes its guidelines, the National Cancer Institute said it would reevaluate its recommendations in light of the task force's conclusions.

The change is the latest development in a long controversy about mammography. The American Cancer Society and other groups have long recommended that women regularly undergo the tests every one or two years beginning at age 40 to catch tumors

I bet the congressmen and senators and families will still get their screening just like they do now. Paid for by us dumb ass taxpayers. They will have great medical care for themselves and families while joe taxpayer gets shitty rationed healthcare not fit for your dogs!!!!

I bet the congressmen and senators and families will still get their screening just like they do now. Paid for by us dumb ass taxpayers. They will have great medical care for themselves and families while joe taxpayer gets shitty rationed healthcare not fit for your dogs!!!!

At least dog get to be put to sleep.

it doesn't save the gvt any money on medicare.... medicare is for seniors, not 40 or 50 year olds...

insurance companies changed their routine screening to 50 years old already....i noticed it on last year's insurance.

this has NOTHING to do with obama.... you guys are getting to the point of not being listened to anymore with all of your whining and FALSE claims of blame....why not save it, for when honestly deserved? too easy to blame all or your worries on to one person, eh?

And you do understand that it was government bureaucracy that implemented the age 40 guideline? Are you saying the age 40 guideline was wrong all along?

We will be seeing all kinds of "recommendations" coming from the NIH "cost effectiveness" programs which will in turn ration care for all of us. Hello death panels.

My insurance carrier dropped routine mammograms 2 years ago. I guess they were just ahead of the curve...

Your gonna die anyway.

Government funded hospitals anyway. Here in Dallas we can shut down Parkland and Baylor. That should save me about a thousand bucks a year. Whoopee! If a freemarket can't support it we don't need it right!

Your gonna die anyway.

Who was it who wanted the sick to "die fast"? Wasn't that supposed to be the Republicans? Don't tell me we finally have bipartisan support for something!!!

Republicans want the sick to die fast? My, my how soon we for get Terri Schiavo. I always thought republicans wanted the sick to suffer indefinitely...

Forum List

Back