Silencing America as it Prepares for War

georgephillip

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2009
Los Angeles, California
John Pilger is a journalist who's been critical of US foreign policy since he covered the US invasion of South Vietnam. Today, he sees the US being prepared for its next great imperial adventure during a presidential election year, and he finds the silence deafening.

"Returning to the United States in an election year, I am struck by the silence.

"I have covered four presidential campaigns, starting with 1968; I was with Robert Kennedy when he was shot and I saw his assassin, preparing to kill him..."

"The first to be assassinated that year, Martin Luther King, had dared link the suffering of African-Americans and the people of Vietnam..."

"The 2016 election campaign is remarkable not only for the rise of Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders but also for the resilience of an enduring silence about a murderous self-bestowed divinity.

"A third of the members of the United Nations have felt Washington’s boot, overturning governments, subverting democracy, imposing blockades and boycotts. Most of the presidents responsible have been liberal – Truman, Kennedy, Johnson, Carter, Clinton, Obama."

Today, that "enduring silence" includes "the greatest military build up on the borders of Russia since WWII."

"On May 11, Romania went 'live' with a Nato 'missile defence' base that aims its first-strike American missiles at the heart of Russia, the world’s second nuclear power."

In the 2016 campaign so far, "...only Donald Trump has said anything meaningful and critical of US foreign policy."
Silencing America as It Prepares for War

"In 2009, Obama promised to help 'rid the world of nuclear weapons' and was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

"No American president has built more nuclear warheads than Obama.

"He is 'modernising' America’s doomsday arsenal, including a new 'mini' nuclear weapon, whose size and 'smart' technology, says a leading general, ensure its use is 'no longer unthinkable'.

"James Bradley, the best-selling author of Flags of Our Fathers and son of one of the US marines who raised the flag on Iwo Jima, said, '[One] great myth we’re seeing play out is that of Obama as some kind of peaceful guy who’s trying to get rid of nuclear weapons. He’s the biggest nuclear warrior there is.

"'He’s committed us to a ruinous course of spending a trillion dollars on more nuclear weapons. Somehow, people live in this fantasy that because he gives vague news conferences and speeches and feel-good photo-ops that somehow that’s attached to actual policy.

"'It isn’t.'”
One can only wonder if Trump will mention this during his debates with the Democrat nominee?

John Pilger is a journalist who's been critical of US foreign policy since he covered the US invasion of South Vietnam. Today, he sees the US being prepared for its next great imperial adventure during a presidential election year, and he finds the silence deafening.

"Returning to the United States in an election year, I am struck by the silence.

"I have covered four presidential campaigns, starting with 1968; I was with Robert Kennedy when he was shot and I saw his assassin, preparing to kill him..."

"The first to be assassinated that year, Martin Luther King, had dared link the suffering of African-Americans and the people of Vietnam..."

"The 2016 election campaign is remarkable not only for the rise of Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders but also for the resilience of an enduring silence about a murderous self-bestowed divinity.

"A third of the members of the United Nations have felt Washington’s boot, overturning governments, subverting democracy, imposing blockades and boycotts. Most of the presidents responsible have been liberal – Truman, Kennedy, Johnson, Carter, Clinton, Obama."

Today, that "enduring silence" includes "the greatest military build up on the borders of Russia since WWII."

"On May 11, Romania went 'live' with a Nato 'missile defence' base that aims its first-strike American missiles at the heart of Russia, the world’s second nuclear power."

In the 2016 campaign so far, "...only Donald Trump has said anything meaningful and critical of US foreign policy."
That's because Russia is not a threat. Hillary gave the Russian diplomat the 'Reset' button prop...with the wrong Russian word 'Overcharge' on it.

We're all good now.

Stood there and watched like the coward he is....

That's because Russia is not a threat. Hillary gave the Russian diplomat the 'Reset' button prop...with the wrong Russian word 'Overcharge' on it.

We're all good now
I hope so.
_89674824_missile_defence_map624_iran.png

"Putin warns Romania, Poland over implementing US missile shield"
Putin warns Romania, Poland over implementing US missile shield | Fox News
I wonder when, if ever, this subject will come up during the upcoming presidential debates?

Which missiles might that be?
Missiles from Iran:ack-1:

"Earlier this month, the U.S. program was declared operational at a site in Romania, drawing an angry reaction from Russia. NATO said the system is purely defensive and a response to a growing capability of ballistic missiles globally.

"Washington has said that the shield is needed to protect Europe from Iran and is not a threat. Another part of the shield is getting ready to be implemented in Poland.

"'If yesterday in those areas of Romania people simply did not know what it means to be in the cross-hairs, then today we will be forced to carry out certain measures to ensure our security,' Putin said in a joint news conference in Athens with Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras."

"'It will be the same case with Poland,' he said."

Stood there and watched like the coward he is....
"Cambodia[edit]

"In 1979, Pilger and two colleagues with whom he collaborated for many years, documentary film-maker David Munro and photographer Eric Piper, entered Cambodia in the wake of the overthrow of the Pol Pot regime. They made photographs and reports that were world exclusives. The first was published as a special issue of the Daily Mirror, which sold out. They also produced an ITV documentary, Year Zero: the Silent Death of Cambodia,[18] which brought to people's living rooms the suffering of the Khmer people."
John Pilger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh, well I guess that makes it ok that he stood by while Kennedy was murdered. I'm sorry.

'first strike American missiles'?

LOL- what missiles are those?

What an idiotic post.

We're all good now
I hope so.

I wonder when, if ever, this subject will come up during the upcoming presidential debates?

I think we should all thank George for providing the official Russian propaganda to us gullible Americans.

first strike American missiles'?

LOL- what missiles are those?

What an idiotic post.
"Defensive" missiles on the Russian borders with Poland and Romania increase the likelihood of a "successful" US first strike attack on Russian cities and infrastructure without any significant Russian counterattack on the US and Europe.
0_94af1_74815c_orig.jpg

It's not rocket science, Moron.

We're all good now
I hope so.

I think we should all thank George for providing the official Russian propaganda to us gullible Americans.
Reaganomics Creator: The US Has Plans For A Nuclear First Strike On Russia and China - Truth And Action
"Former Assistant Treasury Secretary and father of Reaganomics, Dr. Paul Craig Roberts, states that the US has already planned a nuclear first strike on Russia and China, which it believes it can win because of our missile defense systems.

“Washington not only has war plans for launching a preemptive nuclear attack on Russia, and also possibly China, but Washington has a cadre of people who advocate nuclear war.

"We have people running around Washington saying things such as ‘What’s the good of nuclear weapons if you can’t use them.’ states Roberts.

"Why would the US do this?

"Roberts states, 'Russia is a country that is large enough and has sufficient resources that it could rise to the position to being a barrier to Washington’s exercise of hegemony over the world. So, Russia has always been the target of this nuclear war doctrine.'”
You're welcome.:banned03:

If Pilger thinks the U.S. "invaded South Vietnam", does he also think the U.S. invaded France in WW1 or Normandy or invaded South Korea? Maybe he just wants to stroke the left wing idiots who avoided the draft in the 60's or maybe his sense of history only goes as far as his freaking birthday.

Forum List

Back