Sikh Cartoonist Preaches Real Tolerance

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
In Response To Racist Facebook Commenters, Sikh Cartoonist Preaches Tolerance

Comments piled up below the video, saying things like “What’s up with the rag head?” and “Couldn’t they find a normal looking American." One person went so far as to write: “I had rather cut my wrist than see this.”

Singh, who is the creator of cartoon website Sikhtoons, chose to confront the commenters' ignorance by educating them on the reality of his life in an article forSalon. He wrote:

"I have always believed there is way more than meets the eye. In that spirit, I want to share with [Facebook users] the brief arc of my life, which might help lay to rest our simplistic judgment of people at first sight."

"I don't know who these people are. I don't know their stories. If I were to judge them, then I'm a bit more like them in that moment," Singh told The Huffington Post in an interview over the phone.

Powerful stuff. He has an amazing perspective and inspires through his demonstration of tolerance toward those posting ugly words on Facebook.

Namaste Hazelnut..those with beneficial ethical view can do no less. It takes practice and discipline to achieve mental control of ones emotional responses..well worth the effort.
I know some of the Sikh Faith, i am joyful and blessed to call them friends.

Namaste Hazelnut..those with beneficial ethical view can do no less. It takes practice and discipline to achieve mental control of ones emotional responses..well worth the effort.
I know some of the Sikh Faith, i am joyful and blessed to call them friends.

This story and this man inspires me to practice harder.

But the modern "Christian Conservative" sure makes it challenging.

In my studies i look for the similarities in the different religions and sects/denominations. One can find many of the universal teachings in most. This process has increased my understanding, compassion and unconditional love for All. I've had a extensive comparative Christian upbringing and studied comparative religions in early adulthood in search for a beneficial path for my life. That turned out to be the practice of Tibetan Buddhism because it works for me as i need discipline in my life.
I can see GOD/ONE's goodness and Light working through people of many faiths and believe that everyone is where they are meant to be through the Supreme Law of cause and effect. I trust the process completely and that trust and faith has brought me much peace and joy in my life.

Forum List

Back