SIAP:Apple announces plans to repatriate $350 billion in overseas cash, add 20,000 jobs in America

Umm yeah.. Apple has already said the 20K new hires were planned prior to the passage of the 2017 Tax Reform Package, so no, the tax code isn't playing any significant role with the expansion of Apple's domestic work force (in this particular case).According to Apple the tax code changes are one of the primary drivers for the repatriation of $245 billion from overseas accounts, which makes sense since it would have been insane for 'em to do it prior to the new one time tax treatment of repatriated assets.All the specifics of what Apple plans to do with those repatriated assets remains to be seen but they've committed to at least $30 billion in additional domestic capital investment.
`
`

Outside of this one-time tax plan, what I am saying is that IF this actually does happen (which I doubt), it would have happened regardless of anything trump did.

Even if the company says it's because of the new tax plan???

`
Apple announces plans to repatriate $350 billion in overseas cash, add 20,000 jobs in America
`
I'll believe it,when I see it. This is good, slick PR work by Apple. As Americans have very short attention spans, they'll forget all about this in a few months. The corps are free then to renege

Oh please. If that ever happened, do you really think the MSM would allow one American to forget? These are the same people who made a big deal of what kind of shoes his wife wears.

`
Apple announces plans to repatriate $350 billion in overseas cash, add 20,000 jobs in America
`
I'll believe it,when I see it. This is good, slick PR work by Apple. As Americans have very short attention spans, they'll forget all about this in a few months. The corps are free then to renege

You are an abject and drooling moron. This is quite possibly the stupidest post of the day.

`
`

You are an abject and drooling moron. This is quite possibly the stupidest post of the day.

When it DOES actually happen, that fool will be nowhere to be found.

Just like the MORON who claimed TRUMP would be Out of Office by Christmas. Total coward and jackass refuses to defend his bullshit....this poster will be the same way.

Last edited:
`
`

When it DOES actually happen, that fool will be nowhere to be found.

Just liek the MORON who claimed TRUMP would be Out fo Office by Christmas. Total coward and jackass refuses to defense his bullshit....this poster will be the same way.
I think they're federal employees who spend all their daytime hours trolling and posting lie after lie after lie meant to protect their worthless jobs.

And when were you the CEO of a major corporation, assclown?

They said specifically said, "Apple on Wednesday made a slew of announcements about its investment in and contribution to the U.S. economy in part because of the new tax law."

So it was a major factor in this decision. I realize it's bad news for a Marxist like you to see the successes of Capitalism in action, but do try to contain your flaming butt hurt.

HA! Way to be a total assclown - since when is being CEO a requirement to understand basic economics?

I'm also not an English teacher but I'm pretty sure "in part" DOES NOT mean "major factor".

They aren't going to put out a presser on this, but Apple's lobbying, like many other corporations spiked big time ahead of the tax reform and sure enough it was money well spent for them.

Game plan now is to be able to ride out the populist outrage and actually keep these low rates along with all the sweetheart deals long term.
I doubt there will be much of a problem keeping the low rates when all the foriegn money comes flooding in.

What a simpleton you truly are. The foreign money will add to the US Treasury when it’s repatriated but it’s not going to raises or expansion.

Corporations are already awash in cash, and there will be a big dividend for shareholders in the repatriation, but what is going to happen is the corporations are going to buy back their own stock with this cash.
If they buy back their stock, then they will enrich their stockholders, who will then have more money to spend. The snowflake theory that money just sits in a bank doing nothing only shows how fucking stupid they are.

If they buy back their stock, those stockholders that sold therm that stock no longer get dividends you stupid shit. That is less money being paid lout.

The stock of every other stock holder is worth more. They will have more cash when they sell.

The results are always hilarious when snowflakes pretend they understand finance or economics.

Last edited:
HA! Way to be a total assclown - since when is being CEO a requirement to understand basic economics?

I'm also not an English teacher but I'm pretty sure "in part" DOES NOT mean "major factor".

They aren't going to put out a presser on this, but Apple's lobbying, like many other corporations spiked big time ahead of the tax reform and sure enough it was money well spent for them.

Game plan now is to be able to ride out the populist outrage and actually keep these low rates along with all the sweetheart deals long term.
I doubt there will be much of a problem keeping the low rates when all the foriegn money comes flooding in.

What a simpleton you truly are. The foreign money will add to the US Treasury when it’s repatriated but it’s not going to raises or expansion.

Corporations are already awash in cash, and there will be a big dividend for shareholders in the repatriation, but what is going to happen is the corporations are going to buy back their own stock with this cash.
If they buy back their stock, then they will enrich their stockholders, who will then have more money to spend. The snowflake theory that money just sits in a bank doing nothing only shows how fucking stupid they are.

If they buy back their stock, those stockholders that sold therm that stock no longer get dividends you stupid shit. That is less money being paid lout.

The stock of every other stock holder is worth more. They will have more cash when they sell.

The results always hilarious when snowflakes pretend they understand finance or economics.
So, you abandoned your stupid dividend argument & talk about the stock's increased value. If every one sold it, I'm thinking the stock won't be worth as much.

Most likely, they will hold that stock & lose it when the market collapses. Trump & the Republicans pump up the values by borrowing 1.5 trillion so companies & rich people can use their tax cuts to buy stock.

When it collapses? Then what?

A company that can get people to pay $1000 for a friggin' phone should be able to do ALL their manufacturing in the US,

at good wages..

You have to wonder how much they actually save?

I know Hershey moved some production to Mexico to save like 2%. I have never bought their products since.

Apple made about 50 billion in profit in 2017. I say, how about you take 25 BILLION in profit, and put the balance into the increased cost of good paying jobs in the US?

would that kill you?
I say let Apple decide what to do with their profits. Whenever politicians or idiots like you start telling corporations what to do, you always fuck things up.

The results always hilarious when snowflakes pretend they understand finance or economics.
So, you abandoned your stupid dividend argument & talk about the stock's increased value. If every one sold it, I'm thinking the stock won't be worth as much.

Most likely, they will hold that stock & lose it when the market collapses. Trump & the Republicans pump up the values by borrowing 1.5 trillion so companies & rich people can use their tax cuts to buy stock.

When did I ever mention dividends? You're a fucking numskull. What kind of moron thinks everyone is going to sell a stock like APPL?

Everyone who has held their stock for the last 8 years has made a killing.

Have you ever owned a share of stock?

At this point, your theory about stock buy backs is pure fantasy, so what are you even discussing? Your attempt to make $250 billion pouring into the country a bad thing is laughable. This from a moron who thinks Cash-for-Clunkers was a good idea.

And when were you the CEO of a major corporation, assclown?

They said specifically said, "Apple on Wednesday made a slew of announcements about its investment in and contribution to the U.S. economy in part because of the new tax law."

So it was a major factor in this decision. I realize it's bad news for a Marxist like you to see the successes of Capitalism in action, but do try to contain your flaming butt hurt.

No one said that rich getting richer doesn’t help economy generally(at least in short term before the actual bills come due), but when we are talking about middle class benefiting from that it's a whole different ball game. They'll get some FRACTIONAL trickle down, but blowing all this national debt increase to make rich richer, instead of concentrating on middle class is simply BAD POLICY.

Are you another one of those imbeciles who believes only the rich own stock?

It also concentrated ownership of the stock in fewer hands and hence the ownership of that increased wealth is increasingly concentrated.

There was a huge gap between the amounts of capital the Apple is repatriating and the amounts they’re spending. Certainly a portion is expected to be spent on employee bonuses and shareholder dividends, but the amount of the check being cut to Treasury suggests that all overseas funds are being repatriated which will give the corporation enough to take the company private if it so desired.

Tantalizing opportunities.

APPL is worth $1 trillion. $250 billion isn't enough to take it private.

No one said that rich getting richer doesn’t help economy generally(at least in short term before the actual bills come due), but when we are talking about middle class benefiting from that it's a whole different ball game. They'll get some FRACTIONAL trickle down, but blowing all this national debt increase to make rich richer, instead of concentrating on middle class is simply BAD POLICY.

Are you another one of those imbeciles who believes only the rich own stock?
Blah blah blah people have retirement accounts that include stock.

According to you, they are going to sell those stocks before they retire.

Umm yeah.. Apple has already said the 20K new hires were planned prior to the passage of the 2017 Tax Reform Package, so no, the tax code isn't playing any significant role with the expansion of Apple's domestic work force (in this particular case).According to Apple the tax code changes are one of the primary drivers for the repatriation of $245 billion from overseas accounts, which makes sense since it would have been insane for 'em to do it prior to the new one time tax treatment of repatriated assets.All the specifics of what Apple plans to do with those repatriated assets remains to be seen but they've committed to at least $30 billion in additional domestic capital investment.
`
`

Outside of this one-time tax plan, what I am saying is that IF this actually does happen (which I doubt), it would have happened regardless of anything trump did.

They are thanking Trump for all the millions the fat fucker just gave them.

Oh please. If that ever happened, do you really think the MSM would allow one American to forget? These are the same people who made a big deal of what kind of shoes his wife wears.
`
Yes they would. You conveniently forget, it's these same corporations that own the MSM.

The same MSM that's been telling us the tax breaks are mostly going to the corporations and not the workers?

When did I ever mention dividends? You're a fucking numskull. What kind of moron thinks everyone is going to sell a stock like APPL?

At this point, your theory about stock buy backs is pure fantasy, so what are you even discussing? Your attempt to make $250 billion pouring into the country a bad thing is laughable. This from a moron who thinks Cash-for-Clunkers was a good idea.
You said that people would sell their stock to gain that extra money.

Cash for clunkers was a targeted program to help the auto industry.

It put money in the hands of people who used it to help buy a new car.

You said that people would sell their stock to gain that extra money.

Cash for clunkers was a targeted program to help the auto industry.

It put money in the hands of people who used it to help buy a new car.
It made used cars more expensive and thereby hurt poor people.

Dims never think when they dream up their schemes to save the world.

`
`

They are thanking Trump for all the millions the fat fucker just gave them.

He didn't give them anything. He just made it so the government took less of THEIR MONEY which is something you leftists just can't comprehend.

To you leftists, all money made belongs to government, and whatever they don't take is a gift from them to us. Very sad really.

`
Yes they would. You conveniently forget, it's these same corporations that own the MSM.

The same MSM that's been telling us the tax breaks are mostly going to the corporations and not the workers?

That’s because it’s true Ray. Corporations and the wealthy are getting 78% of the tax cut. Their cut is permanent. Yours expires.

Forum List

Back